Top Attractions in Malapascua Island
What travelers are saying
- to experience this beautiful beach you need to invest something: time and energy (and even money if you need transport instead of pleasant walk through the interior) to get there, asi it is on the north side of the island, exactly on the other side of Bounty or Logon beaches where you find everything else :)
all effort is worth as you get unspoiled coastline crystal clear water, perfect sand, just a few people, nice views without boats, even some shadow and a bar / restaurant... :)Written 19 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice Sandy beach, lots of places to sit and enjoy a drink or dining.
The best Sunrise and Sunsets I have seen, Day after day. April is best.Written 23 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Facing west mens it is the perfect place to watch sunset for most time of the year.. Be brave and walk up a bit on the left of the logon beach towards the tip of the shore seawards. You will be rewarded by a beautiful sunset with some amazing stone formation (due to wave actions) as an interesting foreground.Written 14 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful secluded island with a lot of beach spots with caves etc! On entering the island you see the tombs of the locals which were quite characteristic! We went climbing up on the cliffs and the views were magnificent there wasn't a clear path so a lot of cuts etc would recommend trainers! Completely different to malapascua as it is so quiet! I went alone with a tour guide who made me feel a bit uncomfortable and with nobody else around not very safe! I wouldn't let this put me off the definitely recommend but perhaps with a bigger group or people you know with you!Written 27 March 2016
- We walked here which was interesting through the island. It was a but too hot so we managed to get a motorbike ride back. Very different from the south beach and worth a hike.Written 3 August 2019
- everyone are talking about this place and been asking me if i went. . when i came here i was little bit lost or just confuse of the road and was not able to climb it . . i didn't see any access way to reach it i see many plants aroundWritten 9 March 2020
- Boatmen were making announcement that you can go around the island or stop for sight seeing. We did try and s we were brought there. It was just close to the Blue Coral accommodation and we made a bargain to a certain amount agreed upon.
Nice place for diving but could be dangerous if we took a swim without the gear. so just for a kind of boating we went around and landed on Logon beach.Written 30 August 2017
- Went snorkelling here from a small boat. Not much to see other that many other people in life jackets thrashing around. Boat trip was fun but this is not a must see.Written 3 August 2019
- I miss Devocean Divers Malapascua and I wish that I could open my eyes and find myself back there, my feet in the deep white sand, sipping a cup of coffee while waiting for the divers to join me on a double or triple dive day! Looking at the board, seeing the name of the dive guide, the crew, the type of tank that I will use (I always ask for Nitrox ;-) it’s great feeling. Chatting with Rota, Gerami, Joan, or the tunda captain or the compressor guy… they always have a smile for me. I love the location of Devocean divers, you never want to leave the divecenter! The team was caring and looking after everyone. Thank you Marcus for everything that Devocean has brought to me and my family.Written 4 August 2022
- Our experience in Malapascua was great. Wonderful environment, amazing dives and a really nice crew that took us to unbelievable islands and dive spots helping us with our goal :) to see thresher sharks, sea horses, turtles and so many others...
Hope to visit the Phillipines and Malapascua some other time!
Evolution Resort 100% recommended!
Most helpful Divemaster and team:
Thank you very much, Josh!!
Alicia, Jose, María.Written 16 August 2022
- I did 5 dives with this shop, amazing staff, very good equipmenp and very reliable I just can recomend it to everybody.
If I come back to Malapascua, I will definitely dive with them againWritten 25 November 2019
- Dive center is on the beach. With a small boat you will be taken to the larger boat at low tide. Your own box is brought to the boat and diving equipment is prepared. Resort has no house reef. Most dive sites in the north of the island are a 15-minute boat ride away. My favorite was Deep Rock. Two-tank dive to Monad Shoals for tresher shark going several times a week at 5:15 am. Around 09:30 return and still time for breakfast. Another beautiful dive site is Grato Island, 45 minutes away by boat.
From Dec-April on other Shoals also hammerhead sharks. On Monad Shoals in our week a visibility of 10 meters. Not ideal. Saw four tresher sharks, white tip and devil ray.
Staff are friendly, helpful and very professional. Dive instructor Rex is a winner!Written 16 August 2022
- When travel restrictions opened up we couldn't wait to go back to our favorite destination Malapascua traveling from Australia.
The travel requirements were not difficult and now no testing is required both ways so its pretty easy. We actually forgot about covid on the island as there seemed to be no evidence of it there and we were always outside (most restaurants and bars have outside areas) so we never felt worried.
This was our 5th trip to Malapascua and diving with Thresher Shark Divers, who as usual were the ultimate professionals, going out of their way to accomodate us and give us the very best diving experience.
We did 24 dives with Thresher Shark Divers, had the best closest encounters of the Thresher Sharks that we have ever had! Saw the most amazing Frogfish, Pipefish, beautiful soft Corals, Razor fish, Catfish, Marlin jump out of the water, breaching Thresher Sharks at the dive site, Sea Snakes to name a few...join my facebook page AnitaOngMedia to see some of the footage and photos in the next coming weeks.
The weather was spectacular and we enjoyed stunning sunrises and sunsets every day whilst degassing with some delicious cocktails. Water temperature 26-30 degrees it was a nice change from the terrible weather we have been having in Brisbane, Australia all year.
Now is the time to travel here as its still quiet due to covid and you feel like you are a VIP with so much space on boats and sometimes the entire dive site to yourself - a rare treat. I recommend traveling now before it gets really busy again! We will be back soon.
I'm already missing the 500 php massages we got frequently as I'm back to work this week.Written 9 June 2022
- We did 3 boat dives at Monad Shoal to look for the thresher sharks, 3 boat dives at Gato Island and some night dives with Fun and Sun. The people are super nice, chill and ready to help accommodate our diving wishes as best as possible. Thank you Charise for always being helpful and flexible with planning our dives, and helping me getting a nasal spray from the mainland for my sinus issues. Also thanks to Leo and Luwil for being excellent diving guides! We enjoyed your company very much!Written 12 June 2022
- I went to Malapascua and chose Dive Society to go diving with.
Everyone is very helpful and you recognize that they care. Also safety is not just a word for them, they mean it. They have oxygen just in case. Most equipment was new and they maintain it. They offer best brand rental equipment.
The boat (bangka) is big and very convenient and they also have a nice speedboat with a roof. It feels like home or good friends when you stay there! They care, they are funny and the dives are awesome! On the boat, in the water and underwater
and beside diving they are a great team. The DM are searching for the animals you want to see. The instructors know what they do and are very patient. They love their job. Thank you Dive Masters, thank you Dive Society. It was awesome!Written 13 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Malapascua Island