What travelers are saying
- From Bount beach I took a moto taxi here (only 50 pesos) and arranged for the moto taxi to return and pick me up (another 50 pesos). The beach is certainly a lot nicer than Bounty with less people and less boats. There is a restaurant with food and drink to consume while you enjoy the views and sea breeze in the shade.Written 15 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The majority of tourists to the island stay at this beach due to the concentration of accommodations, restaurants and dive shops. The beach itself is pretty good though many boats park along it. I preferred hanging out at Langub beach during the day.Written 15 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful secluded island with a lot of beach spots with caves etc! On entering the island you see the tombs of the locals which were quite characteristic! We went climbing up on the cliffs and the views were magnificent there wasn't a clear path so a lot of cuts etc would recommend trainers! Completely different to malapascua as it is so quiet! I went alone with a tour guide who made me feel a bit uncomfortable and with nobody else around not very safe! I wouldn't let this put me off the definitely recommend but perhaps with a bigger group or people you know with you!Written 27 March 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked here which was interesting through the island. It was a but too hot so we managed to get a motorbike ride back. Very different from the south beach and worth a hike.Written 3 August 2019
- Went snorkelling here from a small boat. Not much to see other that many other people in life jackets thrashing around. Boat trip was fun but this is not a must see.Written 3 August 2019
- Facing west mens it is the perfect place to watch sunset for most time of the year.. Be brave and walk up a bit on the left of the logon beach towards the tip of the shore seawards. You will be rewarded by a beautiful sunset with some amazing stone formation (due to wave actions) as an interesting foreground.Written 14 February 2019
- everyone are talking about this place and been asking me if i went. . when i came here i was little bit lost or just confuse of the road and was not able to climb it . . i didn't see any access way to reach it i see many plants aroundWritten 9 March 2020
- Boatmen were making announcement that you can go around the island or stop for sight seeing. We did try and s we were brought there. It was just close to the Blue Coral accommodation and we made a bargain to a certain amount agreed upon.
Nice place for diving but could be dangerous if we took a swim without the gear. so just for a kind of boating we went around and landed on Logon beach.Written 30 August 2017
- My wife and I attended Yoga classes at Buena Vida with the wonderful Lorence (I hope spelt correctly). She was a perfect teacher adapting our sessions to cope with a couple of non flexible over 60’s. She was patient kind and the love of yoga shone through. We loved our sessions with her.
We also had a couple of spa treatments in the treatment rooms which was regenerative and a treat after a hard days diving.Written 4 March 2023
- Would highly recommend evolution to anyone looking to dive in malapascua! The service was amazing. I did my advanced course with Kleng who was so professional and thorough, I felt very safe and looked after :) he’s also lovely so we had great fun! The diving itself is the best I’ve ever done, the thresher sharks are so majestic!! I also liked their focus on eco tourism and looking after the marine life whilst diving :) overall amazing experience with Kleng!!Written 23 November 2023
- Devocean Divers was a very nice dive shop to dive with. All staff was always smileing and in a good mood. They had a lot of different dive sites to visit. And all of them had something to explore. The dive boats was in good condition and they always served coffe and something small to eat. A special thanks to our dive master Pol. He was an excellent guide with a hawkeye for macro. He took so good care of us. Very proffesional and excellent to dive with. We higly recomend Devocean and specilly Pol.Written 4 December 2023
- My friend & I got OW, AOW, NITROX certification from sea explorer. Our coach, Nove, is a great & professional coach. He really cares about our safety and skills which we learned. We learned a lot of useful skills & knowledge from him and enjoyed every classes.
It must be an awesome experience to see the thresher shark and any other cute species
Really recommend Nove & sea explorer to everyone who wants to dive in Malapascua!Written 9 October 2023
- The coffee is top notch! Best I had in the Philippines so far! Before you go out for a days diving with Devocean you grab your self a coffee and you are good to go! After that days diving you go straight into the massage place and try it out, the massage therapists are superb and knows what they are doing.
I cannot recommend this enough! See you all soon againWritten 9 October 2023
- As a new resident of Malapascua, I was thrilled to learn that there was a Crossfit box on such a tiny island. After only 6 weeks of crossfit and coaching by the Reeds, I’ve noticed a huge increase in my physical performance and am able to do so much more than I was able to before. Classes are intense but fun and the spirit of camaraderie that is created by the owners and residents is what keeps me coming back. This box should be on the top of any Crossfit travelers wish list!Written 8 December 2019
- I'd already booked a package but when I met Andrea at the GoDive Show, I knew it would be a good trip! The whole Team were so Professional , Wilbert guided me for the week and I saw more than I thought possible, Marvin always with a Smile, Cheryl never missing a beat with the all important post dive 'SMB's. So many memories, it was A GREAT TRIPWritten 10 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Malapascua Island
- The best day trips from Malapascua Island according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Kalanggaman Island Day Tour Package from Cebu City or Mactan
- Kalanggaman & Malapascua Island Day Tour with Private Transportation
- Malapascua Island Hopping Private Tour in Cebu