- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- My wife and I were invited on 2/22/20 to listen to jazz music in the Lili’u Room. The atmosphere was all about the music as patrons there were all hyped up and excitedly looking forward to a magical evening. Wine was served (per your ticket) and the managing of getting everyone inside to their seats before showtime was handled well. The room was well acclimated with the AC at a comfortable temperature, the seats were comfortable with little fold out tables to place your drinks on, and the overall employees (some volunteers) that worked that evening was very pleasant. What shocked me was the price of parking. It was a little high at $12 per vehicle. Otherwise, it was a great venue and a perfect place to hold the event. 🎶Written 23 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- In the historic area of Honolulu filled with gorgeous government buildings, one standout is the Hawaii State Library. The large verdant lawn and huge old shade trees, make this building welcoming. It's beautiful to look at from far away. With the promise of quiet reading areas, I had been eager to find a time to simply sit and use my local library.
The library is kept clean, organized, and brightly lit. There are indoor and outdoor seating areas, all shielded from the sun and rain. Maps abound to help point out exactly what you're looking for. I love the old metal stacks and historic interior of the building.
Unfortunately this place has some serious drawbacks caused not by the library itself, but by the social situation that's a common fixture of city - homelessness. I finally had that opportunity to visit the building for a few hours due to flexible hours around the holidays. I headed for the restrooms first thing and realized what issues they have. It was worse than a gas station restroom with angry signs everywhere about not shaving, showering, or changing in the restrooms. That didn't stop people from doing so inside. I pity the employees and custodians of the building; this is more of a daily homeless shelter than a place for public use.
I found a nice table in the courtyard and sat for a while. There was a constant and consistent parade of homeless men with large suitcases going in and out to use the restrooms. It's truly unbelievable how bad it is here. Electrical outlets were all claimed, disgusting behavior was everywhere. Maybe tighter rules about 'no luggage or large bags' would stop some of this abuse? I'm sure there are people asking these questions.
The library offers many other services including internet, passport, and lending items. Hours narrow and do not cater to people who work 9-5. I wish I had more time to spend here, but honestly don't know if I would until things improve. If you're a tourist visiting, it's worth your time to walk around the building.Written 6 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Personally, I think the information there about tours is as clear as mud. The people working at the counter were not helpful. We got in line for the boat and had to wait for almost two hours. Aside from that, we walked around on a self-guided tour of the museums (which were excellent). Moving experience.Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You can find better food and groceries at better prices, and free parking, by doing simple Google search.Written 27 September 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This lounge is subpar on every level. Bright lights, extremely limited food and drink options, dirty, and just gross.Written 6 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very small shack. There are restrooms and a food truck selling food and water as well as pineapples. After a hike in the hot sun, more shade or air conditioning would be helpful.Written 18 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This lounge for JCB members to provide many services, such as attraction guide, lost and found reports in Japanese and English. Mainly Japanese members using this loungeWritten 7 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Tucked away at the end of the Ali Wai canal, this wonderful little library is a slice of the past. The architecture is classic mid-century. A perfect spot to stop in and relax if you're walking in the area. Lots of local events are advertised on the bulletin boards, too.Written 10 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Honolulu