Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Everyone here is so nice. You can spent all day here looking and talking to the help. Its a must see place to visit!Written 22 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Guys, I cannot express enough how much my group loved this place. We had it on our backup list of places to go and I’m SO glad we made the trip out. It wasn’t far at all from SLC and we only had time to do the scenic drive up but it was so worth it. The fall colors were being dusted by one of the first snowfalls of the season and it was truly magical and gorgeous. I can’t wait to return!Written 21 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the pleasure of touring during “behind the scenes day”. Enjoy meeting many of the professors and employees who are more than eager to discuss their work. A great day overall.Written 18 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Utah State Capitol is beautiful! It sits on the top of a hill where you can see a great view of SLC and the Wasatch Mountains. Definitely make sure to walk around inside. The murals and artwork are a must see.Written 12 November 2023
- We visited the tabernacle when there was not a performance. The inside is a bit underwhelming. I’m sure it’s much better when there is a performance. We walked around the grounds and met two Mormon missionaries that were very friendly. Definitely stop by if you’re in SLC.Written 12 November 2023
- We loved our experience. It was such a beautiful ride with a great view. They took great care of us. Hope to do it again soonWritten 26 November 2023
- looked very nice, had so much fun.
felt so holy.
very nice people.
the hotel was nice.
lots of soda yummmmmmWritten 28 November 2023
- Nice Mall and restaurants downtown SLC. We ate at Kneaders Bakery, who has the best bread & pastries around! They were really busy but processed orders quickly.
I recommend. Also nice stores for retail therapy!!Written 17 August 2023
- Excellent place to visit, we spent 3 hours and it was a wonderful experience. The bird show was wonderful, and we loved the rain forest. Amazing amount of birds from all over the world.Written 5 November 2023
- We just love visiting churches and as a Roman Catholic we just had to see this one. It is so beautiful inside and out. The details and colors areamazing. I wish I was in town for Sunday mass. They just don’t make churches like this inside anymore.Written 7 July 2023
- We watched the Rock the Dome cosmic light show. It was pretty cool. I like the interactive exhibits about space and planets. The small gift shop was full of cool gadgets.Written 26 November 2023
- We attended an efficient and moving production of Music and the Spoken Word in July. Our first visit to the Center. The event worked well. The Center needs better signage to guide visitors from the car park elevators to the auditorium. Several groups spent a few minutes wandering around the Center trying to enter the auditorium. Once inside, there are volunteers to help.Written 1 December 2023
- This lake is huge. We went to the North end and then traveled down the eastern side to the South end. It was very interesting and glad we went while we were visiting Utah.Written 2 September 2023
- Great views at the top! It’s an uphill climb through mostly sandy ground. We did this during the hottest time of day, and there’s no shade, so bring lots of water or do this early on the day. Still, it’s a nice relatively short hike right in Salt Lake City.Written 29 July 2023
- Beautiful building with lots of little cool shops. If I lived nearby I'd probably spend a lot of time reading in there.Written 29 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Salt Lake City
- The best day trips from Salt Lake City according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Experience Park City, Beautiful Hike and Historic Main Street
- Full-Day Small Group Tour : Salt Lake City & Park City 14 Sites
- Private Wild Horse Photo Safari from Tooele
- The most popular things to do in Salt Lake City with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Big Cottonwood Canyon
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Conference Center
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Cathedral of the Madeleine
- This is the Place Heritage Park
Salt Lake City Attractions Information
|Thursday 6:21 AM|