We chose the afternoon Four Winds II Coral Garden Snorkel (3 hour) and are SO glad we did! The staff was friendly and knowledgable. They interacted with all guests (including the kids). Coral Gardens was an unexpected large reef with a huge variety of fish. The provided snorkel gear was in great shape and they provided floatation belts, for those who needed them.
The day's events:
- 1-1:30pm Check-in. Place BBQ/lunch order.
- 1:30pm Pull back from harbor, greeted by staff, photographer, and SNUBA instructor. The photographer has several underwater cameras (of good quality) and GoPros available for rent. The photos are transferred to your device at the end of the charter. The price was reasonable to rent and the photographer was friendly (not-pushy).
- The staff provides each person with appropriately sized equipment and a quick lesson, for first-timers.
- The trip to Coral Gardens is fairly quick and a beautiful view of Maui's blue waters. We even saw some flying fish on the way.
- Once anchored, you have at least 60-90 mins to snorkel. The staff and photographer are present but not intrusive. Safety was definitely priority.
- There is a slide on board should you want to do that.
- All the while lunch is prepared. Burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, chips, soft drinks, wine, beer, etc. are all available once back on board.
- There are two bathrooms on board.
- The ride back to the harbor is slow and steady.
- The photographer provides you with an ipad to review the images you've taken and uploads the images to your device. You have the option to purchase the professional photographer images at an additional fee, including the ones he takes of you while you're swimming.
- Again, the staff is friendly and helpful.
For a fairly "quick" few hours, we feel that the trip is a must-do! We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend it. Our kids (7 and 12) said it was their favorite part of our time in Maui!