Popular things to do
- Dinner and Show Tickets
- Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Art Galleries
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Historic Sites
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shopping Malls
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Special Offers
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Lahaina
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Easy dive or snorkeling location, great for a refresher SCUBA course and just floating with the fish. Not the best beach in Maui but I am keeping that my secret. I went there with In2Scuba and Mike was quite helpful and made sure everyone was safe. It is a huge tourist location. Lots of fancy hotels, a gold course, Roy's etc. so finding the public parking is a chore but it exists. It is also a good location to just beach bumming which I saw. Near to Lahaina for supplies or the Maui Brewery, 3:30 - 5:30 Happy Houris the time to go. Gas is 35% more, load up on the east side of Maui when you get your Costco supplies.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed walking along the dragon's teeth trail. Beautiful way to spend a few hours. Some parts of the trail were a bit challenging along the coast so use caution.Written 21 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You’ve got to see this! One tree covering the entire town square. Clean bathrooms just catty-corner from the old courthouse.Written 26 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Top 3 location in Maui, mostly fish but green sea turtles too, mostly on the north end. Good for snorkeling or SCUBA. Not as easy as Ka'anapali due to a stronger surf from the rocks and coral but just go early for SCUBA, just about anytime for snorkeling. Then middle is pretty boring now do to the death of coral but the north end is good and if you are good you may find a sea turtle fighting the waves on the south end and I did but expect drift of 12 feet at times and plan for it if you do. It is also too shallow for SCUBA there. Stick to the north end and nearby where is gets deeper and calmer.
Parking is limited, most people on this beach are staying near by including the several hotels along it. Gazebo, Sea House at this beach and Merriman's (very expensive even for HI) is between it and Kapalua (which is very similar BUT a public beach with easier access and facilities thus even better for some people. It would be my other top 3 choice for everyone, there are better places to SCUBA if experienced.
Again, wetsuits not needed in September, 82F, chilly at first but take 2 minutes to acclimate. Good for sunbathing but avoid 12-2 or get burned.Written 24 September 2022
- Loved this tour! Jeremy was a great guide and we learned so much about coconuts & their uses. Beautiful property and relaxing tour. Kai made us a very tasty cold brew with coconut milk and the banana bread was a delicious treat. Highly recommend this experience!Written 13 September 2022
- Nice street for an afternoon stroll. Just a bunch of touristy stores, art galleries, restaurants, etc.. You will find a few free parking lots if you look around.Written 28 August 2022
- Incredibly calm waters with ample coral areas, perfect for snorkelling in. We went to many of the beaches in Maui looking for snorkelling spots and this was one of the best for beginners like us to try out snorkelling without worrying about the waves. Would be a good beach for children to swim as the waters are so calm.Written 8 August 2022
- Easy parking (for Maui), bathroom, showers and clean long stretch of beach. Loved swimming there because the water was so clear. Also easy snorkeling because the reef is so close to shore.Written 21 September 2022
- I'm not sure all of these reviews are for the actual trail. For the hike you need to park at mile marker 38. If you go to mile marker 38.5, you have gone too far and are at the lookout point with a steep walk down and that is not the hike nor is it as exciting. There are better directions in the book Maui Revealed. Anyway, the trail is unmarked and not really well worn, but you can find it. Be sure to take notice so you can go back the way you came. Take water, maybe a few band-aids (one of us tripped). It's a fun hike through some forest-y area, find the lighthouse, and then keep right and onto the lava. It is a rocky hike. There is a small blowhole first but keep going. You will know when you get to the big one as you will see the people from up above wondering where you came from. There are some steep parts and you should def wear good shoes not flip flops because of all the rocks. It's about 1.25-1.5 miles roundtrip probably. Dramatic landscape. Great views. Time it to arrive around high tide so that you can really see the blow hole going. Obviously don't get too close. We hiked this with 2 kids ages 8 and 11.Written 31 August 2022
- My 3 year old son had the best time at Maui Animal Farm! He is a lover of all animals and it was fun for him to be able to pet and feed the animals. It was also a nice way for my husband and I to change up our daily beach and pool visits during our stay in Lahaina. Farmer Heidi was a great guide and doing a lot of great work to help the community! We would definitely go again and would have bought some merchandise to help support the farm if it was an option.
Side note: I saw only a few negative reviews here, but if you’re looking at those, what else do you expect going to a farm? It’s up a rocky road, you may get a little dirty, it’s going to be hot in the summer… Plan accordingly so you can pay attention to good work they are doing there, as well as the beautiful view :)Written 25 August 2022
- I entered the parking lot on the west entrance, off highway 30.
Started the hike around 6:00 am to avoid the heat and strong sun.
The Lahaina Pali trail has no shade but the view from the top is well worth it.
On another day, I started the hike from the East entrance.
Google maps has a marker on the entrance off highway 30 named Maui Demolition, near highway 310.Written 29 May 2022
- Amazing beach at the beginning of the road to Hana. It doesn’t get too packed, but you have to get there early or be lucky enough to find a parking!Written 1 August 2022
- We absolutely love this loop trail. It is much prettier if you do the loop counter clockwise than if you do it clockwise.Written 30 July 2022
- We visited this church during a mass on Saturday at 5:30pm. It was lovely and the choir was outstanding. Just know that there is no A/C. They do have the windows and doors open but at the time that we went, there was no breeze. This isn't to deter your visit, just to make you aware. Thank you to Maria Lanakila Catholic Church for welcoming us.Written 28 July 2022
- Besides being known as the capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom, the Lahaina Harbor was a destination for whaling fleets back in the day. A cannon near the pier is a reminder of the conflicts that existed between the sailors and the Christian missionaries in the 19th century. In contrast, today it serves as the place to begin snorkel, dive, whale watching, fishing, and sightseeing tours. The grounds of the rebuilt Lahaina Lighthouse are open to the public but not the lighthouse itself. From the harbor, you can walk to Front Street where you will find restaurants, bars, tourist and other shops. If you are into history (or not), you can download a map and brochure of its historic walking tour. Across from the harbor is the Old Court House, which has a visitor’s center and museum, and a portion of the Old Fort, once a jail for unruly sailors. Further down on Front Street is Banyan Tree Park, home to the largest Banyan Tree in the United States. Both places are a “must see/do” when your travels bring you to Maui.Written 21 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lahaina
- The best day trips from Lahaina according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Famous Road to Hana Waterfalls & Lunch by Mercedes Van
- Road to Hana Day Trip
- Small-Group Road to Hana Luxury Tour
- Honolua Bay Snorkel Sail from Lahaina
- REVERSE Hana Road Loop - Private Jeep Adventure