Top Attractions in Haiku
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- I am uncertain if taking the road to Hana was my best idea ever; however, we did enjoy it overall. But the Hana Lava Tubes are wonderful. You can actually walk inside the lava tubes. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun at the same time.Written 11 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed seeing all the animals. There was another couple.
Our guide was wonderful. Knew all about the animals.
Read their directions. Once you knew where to go, it was easy.
Glad we wentWritten 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic experience for anyone and everyone. The people are the best part of this loving community.Written 10 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The crew was friendly and helpful. Only reason I didn’t give 5 stars is they told us they “clean” the fish for us, but really all they did was cut the head off and scrape the scales. Maybe that’s normal, we were just caught by surprise when we went to cook them. Didn’t have the equipment to properly prepare the fish at our condo. Otherwise great trip.Written 20 August 2019
- The Boo boo Zoo is a sanctuary. They help animals that lost parents and with diseases. So much love for this animals. Amazing work!! I will help as much as I can! Help if you can!Written 14 January 2018
- The Haiku Mill was only used a short time for processing sugar cane on Maui and is now used as a destination venue for weddings or similar gatherings.
It is located a short distance up Haiku Road from the Hana Highway.
The tour is interesting and not very long, maybe an hour. The grounds and the building features an eclectic collection of objects from around the world.
It is a nice and easy walk... a relaxing and picturesque way to spend an hour or two.Written 15 September 2019
- The entire team at Deep Relief is amazing. Their working out style is so much better than conventional gyms, and every class is different, so they keep it super interesting.
They combine a mix of balance, endurance and power, making ideal for athletes and sport fanatics.
It's very highly recommended if you want to get in shape or perform better doing your favorite activities.
No mater your experience level, you will fit right in.
See you there!
JuanWritten 23 June 2022
- Bring Your Own Toilet Paper!!!
Thank goodness my Girl Scout experiences prepared me for long, remote road trips :-)
A Must Stop on the road to Hana for a pit stop - the view is an added bonus!Written 12 August 2019
- This waterfall is viewed from the road. Park your car and walk on the bridge to view it and take some pictures. If traffic is light you can slow down or stop right on the bridge to see it.Written 20 April 2022
- This park is located on the spot where the 4th Marine Division staged and trained during WWII. Lovely spot is now also a great park for kids. A lovely memorial of a much harder time in Maui's past...Written 28 February 2018
- The church is located a short ways off the Hana, but well worth the 20 minute detour. 5 minutes there, 10 to walk around the grounds and 5 back to the Hana. The church was locked when we visited but looks well maintained so may still be in use. There is a small cemetety located on church property.Written 25 October 2016
- We found this in a Hana Highway guidebook and it was well worth the visit. It was our first real jaunt out of the touristy areas, into the Hawaiian countryside. The goal of Lanikai Farms is to provide sustainable aquaculture lessons to nearby schools; the ponds are on the same land as the orchid greenhouse though the two operations are not interactive as far as water circulations, for reasons which will be explained on the tour. The orchid tour is wonderful, with bits of science constantly thrown in; it's not just an excuse to ohh and ahh at pretty orchids. The grounds outside of the greenhouse (in fact, the whole neighborhood) are beautiful as well. The tour is $15 per person, and you should call ahead to make reservations. The tour comes complete with orchid samples that you can take back to the mainland, though be sure to wash off any bits of soil as you go through the agricultural inspection station, because they seemed to care much more about the soil than the plants. See Lanikai Farms website for more details: http://www.lanikaifarms.com/. Note also that this is not a large tourist attraction set up. It was very informal, just us as a group, and we were able to ask a constant stream of questions and have them answered directly.Written 24 January 2015
- This place rocks. So many wonderful places to visit and be inspired on how to truly offset our carbon footprint. Worthwhile to visit or stay there and learn. You will leave with so many great ideas you can bring home and put to use. Their organic garden produces delicious salad and their 100 of free-range chicken are delivering the best eggs ever. Consider staying there for longer in the accommodations they offer or visit this ecologically sustainable garden... und yes get inspired.Written 2 July 2019
- Easy walk and great view. Little bit of a drive down from the main road. Good picnic spot. Don't need to spend too much time thereWritten 10 October 2019
- Being hobby Orchid Growers in the Philippines we took advantage of a Maui vacation to visit “Orchid Whisperer” to check out its selection and methods. It’s location “up-country” makes for an enjoyable drive. The Green House growing facility is large. We were greeted by the friendly owner who showed us around and offered some useful Orchid care tips. We purchased one unique orchid as a remembrance. Prices are reasonable. Highly recommended.Written 10 June 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Haiku
- The best day trips from Haiku according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Small Group Road to Hāna Tour 6 to 8 passengers
- Haleakala Best Classic Sunrise Tour with Haleakala EcoTours (Vehicle Tour)
- Famous Road to Hana Waterfalls & Lunch by Mercedes Van
- Small-Group Road to Hana Luxury Tour
- Famous Road to Hana Mercedes van with Waterfalls, Black Sand Beach & Lunch