- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- In all our visits to Door County and Sturgeon Bay, we never knew this place existed. We’re glad we found it. Very unique glasswork at reasonable (ish) prices. The staff person that day - who moved from Cleveland to Sturgeon Bay - was enjoyable, helpful and genuinely seemed to enjoy her work.Written 22 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not only does Linda make beautiful pottery, she and her husband are so gracious and welcoming, and their studio and gardens are a little paradise right on the lake. I hope to return often. Highly recommended!Written 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The market had a good mix of edibles and crafts. Everyone was so nice and it was a gorgeous day. Found some unique things. I would go again!Written 7 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is one of a kind. The produce is high quality, and I know it’s fresh because I see them bringing it in from the fields. The bread and jams are so tasty!Written 27 August 2018
- Went for some cheese to enjoy on the rest of our trip. Wonderful place to shop. Enjoyed samples and bought the products that were sampled. Curds are squeaky.
Had cheese curds from the cafe. They were good.Written 21 October 2022
- This is a fun stop. Got the smell all of the candles in production and then some more. Got to see the candles being made. Staff appeared to be very busy that day but you could dip your own tapers.
A great display of their current warmers.
We bought several bags of wax melts.Written 20 October 2022
- What a fun place to visit with your pooch! Awesome selection and even better service. Our fur baby loved it!Written 23 September 2019
- Like many visitors to Sturgeon Bay, the Dancing Bear is a must do stop no matter what our schedule. The owner and staff are always incredibly friendly and make it a point to ask if we need help. This year the clerk searched her inventory to see if she had a hand cream we like. When my son liked a stuffed animal, the clerk helped him search for one the right size. All three of us READ the sign out front and put our masks on to comply with the owner's wishes. The Dancing Bear is packed full of unique toys you don't find in any other shops. Don't get me wrong, it's selection is limited but whether you buy something or not you are guaranteed to leave with a smile on your face.Written 25 October 2021
- We stopped in to browse, and enjoyed the experience.
There was a nice variety of items (vintage and newer) to explore, and satisfy one's desires to indulge the "hunt". We purchased a couple postcards (something which one doesn't often see much anymore.....and which also attests to our age).
The staff were friendly and accommodating.
All and all, certainly a facility we would visit again, if in the area.Written 27 July 2021
- I'm not trying to be moribund but when my daughter was looking up things to do on an upcoming trip to Sturgeon Bay, she stumbled across G&J Glassworks. "Look Dad, they'll put your ashes into a pendant and we can wear you around our neck". A comment like demanded we stop in to find out what its all about. Sure enough, he'll sprinkle a portion of your remains into a small pendant and he'll create an urn for the rest of you. The only downside is you're not there to enjoy it. I was almost ready to put money down. Oh, look around, there are lots of other gift ideas too. The proprietor was friendly, allowed us to watch him create, and more than will to answer our terminal questions.Written 3 July 2017
- I live in the Sturgeon Bay area and believe in shopping local as much as possible. I started painting about three years ago and the Artists Guild art supply store has been my "go to" resource for all my art supplies. Every member of their staff is experienced in some art medium and they are willing to share their expertise on materials, framing and even technique. The store has a wonderful selection of items for young artists (children) and even some gifts. If you are not an artist when you walk in the door, you will be when you leave.Written 30 June 2018
- a fun place to wander around to see if there is something you just can't live without. Staff is super friendly and likes to chat.Written 3 July 2021
- Good place to stop as you leave the Door, especially since lots of shops and wineries were closed due to COVID. We bought frozen cherries and Door County wine. Could have bought lots of other things! A convenient stop.Written 8 October 2020
- We stopped in while exploring the downtown area, and very much enjoyed the experience.
This is a well-maintained market; with an upscale revitalized downtown ambiance, and a wide variety of items (both edible and not); from which to choose. There was a large selection of wines, oils, etc.
We found our take-out chicken salad sandwich and soup very tasty and satisfying.
We would certainly make a return visit, if once again in the area.Written 27 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Sturgeon Bay
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Sturgeon Bay:See more shopping for kids in Sturgeon Bay on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Sturgeon Bay:See more budget-friendly shopping in Sturgeon Bay on Tripadvisor