Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Easy to visit when driving through on the I-90 and great for a quick stop. So cool to see the molds they've made including a Big Boy statue, sharks, warriors, slides, big animals, and more.Written 24 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Husband enjoyed the experience because he’s into aviation, knows a lot about astronauts, and is drawn to mechanical machines like the wide variety of invented bicycles. Admission was only $5 each and museum is well maintained. Had a small play area for children, which is wise.
I found the multitude of bicycles to be a bit overwhelming. After identifying the kinds we pedaled when growing up, the rest didn’t hold as much interest to me.
Some of the Deke Slayton memorabilia was interesting, some not as much. His mother apparently saved even his baby outfit, old report card, and such things that mother’s hold dear, but some of us find less relevant. A large collection of official patches designed by the astronauts for each flight would be interesting to anyone who is well acquainted with all the missions. Unfortunately, Slayton’s original spacesuit hasn’t aged well and lies prone as if mummified. Might be better displayed upright on a model form. Giving the museum four stars because my husband found it worth the three hour drive, and maybe on another day I would have had more enthusiasm.
It’s worth noting that the museum shares a building with the free county-run museum on the main floor. So depending on your interests you can split up where you go. We both enjoyed the giant bicycle sculpture and Deke Slayton fiberglass figure outdoors, which make for some fun photos.Written 18 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an interesting piece of art that is at the local park. We walked past it when we were in town.Written 25 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Awesome location and a great place to spend some quiet time. Relax, walk and enjoy the natural surroundings. You will be glad you didWritten 13 August 2021
- John Hendricks and his staff offer excellent and information about everything in Sparta. The website is constantly updated with information and events in the Sparta area - seasonal events, local events, businesses, and helpful relocation information. They know and will inform you of things to do, places to stay or visit, and where to get a great meal. Just call or check them out. You will be well pleased.Written 8 September 2019
- What an awesome find! A great place to spend time with the family snow tubing, skiing, or snowboarding. Even the food in the lodge was not only affordable but delicious. Will go back again for sure!Written 22 February 2022
- Milt and Rose are two of the sweetest people you’ll meet. The shop has a ton of vintage cycling eye candy and an impressive amount of rental bikes. The bikes are in great shape and fairly priced. Highly recommended!!Written 13 June 2022
- We were there on a Monday night - FREE Jr. Popcorn night. You've got to LOVE a small town theater that treats its public so well. Friendly staff and a CLEAN theater!!Written 2 January 2020
- The people there where fabulous 🇺🇸 Thx for letting us park our class A in your parking lot🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸Written 19 August 2017