- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Very spontaneoulsy, my boyfriend and I decided to take some Spanish Classes for one week (5 days * 4 hours) at Casa Xalteva and contacted them a few days before starting by e-mail (there is no office in the city). Best decision ever! The time there was absolutely incredible and we can recommend it to the fullest to anyone that would like to improve his/her Spanish and by the same time support the education of children of a rural community close to Granada. The Spanish lessons were very interactive and were adapted to our level and interests. In our case, it was mostly practising talking backed up by some theory sessions. We improved our Spanish tremendously in this week. Furthermore, we got to know the children that are supported by Casa Xalteva and many other locals living in the community. The lessons also included two activities, one was preparing a local meal with a neighbouring family and the other walking to the Laguna Apoya through the farmlands of the community and then having a swim there at a rural beach far away from the more developed area around Laguna Apoyo. We stayed at a hostel in Granada and all the transport to and from the community was included and organised by Casa Xalteva (they picked us up by taxi every morning). This was a good solution for us and worked nicely. Casa Xalteva also has guest families at which you could stay, which would have also been very nice for sure and a good way to further practise our Spanish. We will for sure do this when we come back. Thanks to Fatima, Juan Carlos, Vanessa and Guapo Andrés for their increcible hospitality! We felt like at home all the time and are missing the time very much!Written 21 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I really enjoyed taking Spanish classes from Vanessa. She tailored lessons to my needs (I’m a nurse wanting to focus on medical Spanish)- and is a delightful, energetic teacher. I highly recommend Casa Nica!Written 8 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Some friends and I booked the market tour with the cooking class and we had a splendid time! The tour was fascinating; you'll get to spend time walking through the local market (not a tourist market) learning about life, food, and drinks and sampling as you go. Walk back to the school and start cooking up a very tasty lunch, enjoying wine and sangria as you try your hand. Daniella is a wonderful instructor. You'll get the recipes via email. One of the first things I did was make tortillas when I got home. Yumm! Highly recommend this experience!Written 10 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was on vacation but at the same working online in Granada Nicaragua, and my husband and I were walking around the beatiful city, and we found this school the one its seems to us very interesting because there were many students and we close by the the door to tolk with an germany lady who was about to leave for her hostal becouse she had finished her classes and she recommend us the school , so my husband asked me if i wanna study spanish and i told him i didnt have enough time to come to school so i could tried online and i really like it so If anyone is looking for virtual or on site Spanish lessons, I recommend Roger Ramirez! It may be a little early, as I'm only in week 2, but I wanted to share that I am relieved to find someone who proves to be trustworthy, reliable, and patient to teach me how to speak, read, & comprehend Spanish. It can feel overwhelming & it requires a certain level of vulnerability to learn a 2nd language as an adult. Likewise, it can feel a bit nerve-wracking to send $ many miles away to someone you've never met in person, especially with all the fraud/scams out there.
I haven't had any issues & I like that I can pay per class. His classes are affordable too! I feel that I've learned so much already! His teaching style is very positive & repetitive. The repetition seems to help me remember & fine tune proper pronunciation of the words/phrases. He also challenges me to use new words/phrases in a more flexible way to prepare me for real-life conversations.
Mr. Ramirez is easygoing & approachable through 1:1, face-to-face video calls. He is a native Spanish speaker in Nicaragua. Based on our conversations, he seems like a hard-working family man and someone who truly has a passion for teaching.
I appreciate the opportunity to support a family-owned/operated, bi-generational business while I learn Spanish & I look forward to the rest of this journey!Written 20 September 2022
- I tried different teachers and schools in Nicaragua but Spanish School Xpress is by far my favorite school. The teachers are well trained, enthusiastic and patient.Written 13 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Granada
- These are the best places for budget-friendly classes & workshops in Granada:See more budget-friendly classes & workshops in Granada on Tripadvisor