Points of Interest & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- Probably the nicest and most interesting part of this growing suburb. Much of the city is same-old American new suburb, but this downtown is cute and authentic. Nice place to look for somewhere for dinner.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a hidden gem that is so very kid friendly. Will look for more reasons to go for special programming/eventsWritten 8 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We made reservations and went for tea and then the tour. The ladies there are fabulous, accommodating, and extremely knowledgeable. The tea was good - salad, scone, dessert. The tour was very interesting and I learned and saw some things I hadn't when touring other historic homes. It's well kept. There are spaces being used for storage that it would have been nice to see as they were back then.Written 14 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went for the Saturday historic house tour, but appreciate the community feel of the farmer's market - I would probably make this a semi-regular stop if I lived in the area / has a small town feel. The tour itself is fine, but not really in depth. Our guide was enthusiastic but somewhat limited beyond what she'd read, declarations to the contrary. It's nice to see these places preserved and the upkeep must be expensive given what I'd imagine revenue is, so you really can't fault what I would imagine must be the volunteer staff. Good of the town to assist in saving this and adding some flavor to the community. On balance it's worth a stop, and even a drive out of your way for something to day Saturday a.m.Written 20 June 2021
- This is a really nice museum. Though limited in size, it is full of interesting information and artifacts that help the visitor really get a feel for the breadth and depth of Collin County's history. If you go, be sure to borrow one of the iPads; using it, you learn additional, up-to-date details that are not shared via the more permanent displays. The staff on site was both engaging and knowledgeable - they really helped make my visit a great experience. If you are in the area, I highly recommend stopping by - you will not be disappointed.Written 14 October 2023
- Visited on 01 July 2023
I have been to this place while viisting a friend and we went for a walk. The place has very well designated parking, barbeque shelters, club house and boating piers.
The walkways are very well done keeping all age groups in consideration. I saw many family and groups of friends visiting this place and having a good time.
Good place and you may visit this place if you have couple of spare hours while viisting this place.
EnjoyWritten 6 September 2023
- This big suburb is growing rapidly so it is a great idea to dedicate such a large area to outdoor recreation. It is indeed a great place for a long walk when the weather permits.Written 22 November 2023
- This is one of the best antique malls in the state. Over 120 dealers make this a one-stop shopping experience whatever sort of antique or vintage items you may be looking for! Great staff and a friendly experience.Written 4 January 2023
- I booked a cheese & wine tasting for a date night with my husband & we absolutely had the best time! This is a family owned winery & the hospitality shown during our event was top notch. Our host Bianca did such a fabulous job setting up a beautiful table for the tasting - I tried to take as many photos as I could before wanting to dig into the feast. All together there were 5 pairings with generous pours and unique cheeses. She did an incredible job educating about the pairings without making the evening seem like a lecture but we still walked away feeling like we’ve learned something new. It’s a delicate balance and she guided the group with such passion and care. I’ve been to quite a few tasting events & this one definitely is right to the top of my favorites. The atmosphere of the room was perfectly cozy - I didn’t feel like it was a stuff as many people in as you fit kind of place - gave more of the visiting friend’s you’ve known forever kind of vibe. The event flowed well, wasn’t rushed at all, the host was open to all questions and opinions on the pairings. Definitely highly recommend for all date nights, friendly outings, girls night, and all things in between!Written 17 September 2022
- Finally made my way to Franconia and well worth wait — started with a flight and got a couple of pints after… great service, friendly owner and awesome selection of beers… looking forward when they open a taproom in downtown McKinney. 5 stars in my bookWritten 17 September 2022
- Very impressive venue, especially as it is located in a suburb. Very professional space, loved by the community. But there are a lot of people with money here, so they do support it.Written 7 December 2022
- It is worth A visit even if you do not own A dog. Watching different folks dogs chase each other and having fun is worth the visit.Written 27 October 2021
- Was surprised by the enormity of the cemetery and despite having several roads close you still got a peaceful feel. The gates do close at sundown so make sure you plan accordingly.Written 1 August 2019
- With development starting as early as 2005, Adriatica Village was meant to look like a small fishing village on the island of Supetar, in Croatia. It certainly has that quaint old world southern European feel with cobblestone streets and alleys, attractive landscaping, interesting walkways and unique architecture all situated on an attractive lake. There are fountains, a bell tower, 2 restaurants, a few shops and services and across the lake new upscale properties are being built. It is a nice little enclave built by someone with a vision. Worth a visit.Written 3 May 2023
- This is a great spot to relax in downtown McKinney. Whether you go in for a wine tasting ($10 for five wines) or you grab a glass, while small this tasting room is very comfortable. They have a wide variety of wine so everyone can find something they like and the also have a limited food menu. If you like what you try, you can buy a bottle to take home.Written 5 November 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about McKinney
- The most popular things to do in McKinney with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Historic Downtown McKinney
- Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chestnut Square Historic Village
- North Texas Escape Rooms
- Dog Park at Bonnie Wenk
McKinney Attractions Information
|Friday 4:58 PM|