- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
94 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 94
What travelers are saying
- Fun place to hang out on a Saturday afternoon. Took my parents, who live in New York, they had a blast.Written 6 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a hidden gem! The Heard Museum is excellent value for your money and a great place for families or anyone who likes a nature trail. Our group really enjoyed the Dinosaurs Alive! exhibit—lifelike and engaging for all ages. Beautifully maintained trails and a great little indoor museum as well. We had a fun day as a family and plan to return to see it in other seasons as well.Written 23 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went for the Saturday historic house tour, but appreciate the community feel of the farmer's market - I would probably make this a semi-regular stop if I lived in the area / has a small town feel. The tour itself is fine, but not really in depth. Our guide was enthusiastic but somewhat limited beyond what she'd read, declarations to the contrary. It's nice to see these places preserved and the upkeep must be expensive given what I'd imagine revenue is, so you really can't fault what I would imagine must be the volunteer staff. Good of the town to assist in saving this and adding some flavor to the community. On balance it's worth a stop, and even a drive out of your way for something to day Saturday a.m.Written 20 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Exceptionally great place in a fun area. Obviously lots to choose from in regards to beers. Great and knowledgeable staff takes care of getting you the kind of beer you want. Open-air but with a roof, some fans...it was a pretty warm day but very comfortable inside. Had a guy singing and playing guitar who was good. A little loud for us, but we're old, so take that into consideration. A little difficult to be heard across the table as we talked but not anything awful. Would come back here...WILL come back here for sure.Written 25 September 2021
- It is worth A visit even if you do not own A dog. Watching different folks dogs chase each other and having fun is worth the visit.Written 27 October 2021
- GORGEOUS. I’m from Missouri, we have a decent share of nice parks. This one made it to my top 5 favorite parks (I have many)
The disc golf course is pretty interesting and the main reason I went there. Seems like there is a lot of space to do anything you want here. I can’t wait to play some sand volleyball!!Written 24 June 2019
- What a great, easy experience. No parking issues. No lines getting in. Everyone can see the performers. Wonderfully small crowd. Hope they bring in some fun entertainers. This place is a hidden gem!Written 2 February 2020
- This is a great spot to relax in downtown McKinney. Whether you go in for a wine tasting ($10 for five wines) or you grab a glass, while small this tasting room is very comfortable. They have a wide variety of wine so everyone can find something they like and the also have a limited food menu. If you like what you try, you can buy a bottle to take home.Written 5 November 2018
- If I were to move to the Dallas region, Adriatica would be my place of choice. It is very well done and you feel being along the Mediterranean region. The developers have done an amazing job. The buildings, the church are all amazing. The only minus it the structured parking lot that should be better incorporated in the landscape.
Great restaurants as well.Written 20 March 2019
- We love spending a weekend walking around the market. The upper West hill has some great vintage and antique deals. We always find some hidden gems
Fun for the whole family. The market roads are all paved. The booths are either rock or hard wood floors. Mall is air conditioned and nice. Market has port a potties and flushing restrooms along with flushing restroomsWritten 17 June 2018
- Really cool place! Memories in every booth while I sang along to a great play list. Made mamma happyWritten 27 February 2021
- I hate for the secret to get out, but i bet it's too late for that anyway. This bike trail is one of my all-time favorites. They have really done alot of work and maintenance on this trail the last couple of years, and it is in phenomenal shape. When we were there a few weeks ago, it looked like they were putting in a newer bigger pump track too. Love Erwin Park!Written 5 November 2021
- Went to a wedding here this month. Great turn out and was impressed on how well things were handled. The place was so beautiful.Written 18 April 2021
- We were there with the Texas Historical Foundation, the Executive Director gave us an impressive narrative about the history of this beautiful place and gave us a tour as well.Written 17 May 2022
- Was surprised by the enormity of the cemetery and despite having several roads close you still got a peaceful feel. The gates do close at sundown so make sure you plan accordingly.Written 1 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about McKinney
- The most popular things to do in McKinney with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Historic Downtown McKinney
- Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chestnut Square Historic Village
- North Texas Escape Rooms
- Escapology Escape Rooms - McKinney