Multi-day Tours • Boat Tours
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- This tour is such a treat, guides were super informative about the area and the lake and took us to all the best falls. Allowed time for swimming and fun, lunch, etc. This is truly an area that lives up to it's being including in Nat Geo's "50 Last Great Places"!Written 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent tour provided by Gary of the waterfalls located on Lake Jocassee.
Definitely recommend using them as a tour guide if you are unfamiliar with the lake.
Gary was very informative and took us to the waterfalls that we would have never found on our own.Written 25 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our group of 6 adults had a wonderful time on Lake Jocassee with Souther Outlaw Adventures. Our captain, Kevin, is full of interesting information about the lake. We spent 6 hours touring the lake, the waterfall and swimming holes. It was spectacular. We hope to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing.Written 22 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very helpful and worked with our needs. There were 6 in our group, suggested the size pontoon that would suit our needs based on what we stated we wanted to do. Honest, didn't try to overcharge us with something we didn't need. We had 3 dogs (pets allowed) for an extra fee. Choice of how many hours we wanted to hire. Pontoon in the water ready for us, and staff there to greet us on the day. Quick education on the running of the pontoon, ( not complicated). Cooler provided which we didn't know beforehand. Minor issue. Had no issues the whole day and had great time. Staff at the dock when we came back in. Only pay for fas used. Great day, highly recommended company.Written 23 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Matt has repaired our jet ski, serviced it and our boats . He is reliable, does excellent work and I would recommend him to everyone.Written 5 January 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What an incredible afternoon!! I’d highly recommend chartering mr jones’ boat. you can hire him to take you fishing, on a waterfall tour of Lake Jocassee, or a combo of the two. We did the latter, and couldn’t have been happier.
We started by seeing a number of waterfalls on the far side of the lake. At one, Mr. Jones literally pulled the boat up under the cascading water! At another, after we had had our fill of the waterfall, he suggested that we get out and spend some time swimming. The lake was clear and refreshing, and it was fun to swim right up to the waterfall. We trolled for lake trout for about 45 minutes, but didn’t catch anything. Since it was hot, we went for another swim at a waterfall that you could sit behind! Our 3 young boys had a blast.
Mr Jones has lived here for years and knows the lake well. He was knowledgeable about the history of the lake, geography, etc. So glad we went with him over another charter. I agree with texting him, if you need a quick response- if he’s out on a tour it’s easier to reach him that way (although we never felt like he was neglecting us on our tour if he had to respond to other clients).Written 27 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just moved here and looking to see some sights. We booked the 4 hour pontoon ride on Lake Jocassee. All I can say it was totally awesome! The weather was hot and our guide, Ken, took us to the beach area to swim and also to three different waterfalls where swimming was available as well. It was a beautiful day and so happy that we were able to enjoy! You can bring snacks and drinks on board also. Ken was very knowledgeable about the entire area and gave us a lot of info on history, terrain, plant life, etc. best day ever!Written 14 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This place offers boat rentals, fuel, food, a place with bathrooms along the highway. It is a convenient place to stop along the highway or if looking for a boat rental or other outdoor lake activities. There are other places nearby on the lake that might be better but they offer several services in one place. We just used the c-store and bathrooms.Written 1 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Salem
- These are the best places for kid-friendly boat tours & water sports in Salem:See more boat tours & water sports for kids in Salem on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking boat tours & water sports in Salem:See more boat tours & water sports for couples in Salem on Tripadvisor