- Traveler favoritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
27 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We had 70 people rotate in 3 groups for the Happy-Appy tour. Everyone seemed to enjoy the trip immensely and talked about how much food they got and was very tasty. I would definitely recommend this for a group or just some friends.Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Pirate are so in tune to their audience. Some of our crew has some sensory issues and the pirates were so aware that they zoomed right in and out them at ease. Lots of good fun and water fights. We go back at least once per season.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed watching the sunset. The food was good with large portions. They were short handed, like everyone else these days, which made for slower service. The waitress and her assistant were working hard, but they had two levels to attend by themselves. The dinner did not come with a drink. You had to purchase drinks separate from the meal and that was not communicated until we ordered.Written 14 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- All the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The lake was a bit choppy further out, so we were told before the boat left dock that we wouldn't be venturing out too far from land. The captain, Dave, still found THE perfect spot to watch the sunset. The evening was picture perfect. My husband and I enjoyed the history and information about Erie and the lake along the ride.Written 28 July 2022
- We rented the 13 passenger pontoon boat and had a blast! The online booking process was easy to schedule. Pricing was very affordable/reasonable. We arrived 45 min early as instructed to take the boaters course before our departure. The staff was super friendly. The company allows dogs on their boats which is amazing because we travel often with our pup who loves to swim. The only complaint we have is the ladder in the back was missing steps making it challenging to get back on the boat after swimming especially for the older family members we brought on the boat. Despite the ladder issue it was an overall great experience and I would recommend it to others.Written 6 September 2021
- Definitely worth the $5 you don't have to walk too much you come and go as you want and she really has some great stories about Erie and the surrounding areas and myths and some history definitely something to do if you're in Erie especially since downtown Erie sucksWritten 8 September 2019
- My husband and I took a tour on "Lady Kate" and I must say that it was a wonderful experience. The tour guide was knowledgeable, the experience was romantic, the view was beautiful, and we learned a lot. There's something magical about being on the middle of the lake, looking out at the beautiful sunset and just enjoying the moment. This is a must see when visiting Erie and I'm so glad we did.
PS: Take a camera or your phone, the pictures are breathtaking.Written 18 July 2017
- We had such a great time at D.D. Rod Father Sport Fishing Charters with Dan and Bob, first class operation all the way. It had been a long time since my last visit to Erie and won’t make that mistake again after the day they gave us. Conditions weren’t the best the day we went out but they never stopped working and we limited out with some really nice fish. The Steelhead we caught at the end was a big bonus.
Thanks again Captain Dan and first mate Bob, you guys made a fun day even better.Written 6 September 2020
- Enjoyed riding the elevator to the top and viewing the bay - only had a few minutes thought - the place was to stay open till 9pm but about 6:45pm we were told it would close in 15 minutes. Still enjoyed reading the history about this location.Written 10 August 2022
- North Coast Flight School also provides plane rides. The planes are small and cramped if you are a larger person like me, but I still loved my ride. The views of Lake Erie, Presque Isle Peninsula, the Bay, and the city of Erie are breath taking while travelling at the slow speeds of the single engine aircraft. Our area is absolutely beautiful when viewed from the air, and I highly recommend you do this. My ride was on a small white cloud day, and the blue sky was absolutely beautiful.Written 19 July 2017
- We love this head boat captain Tony and first mate Jonas do everything to try to get the boat to limit out. We take the morning boat from 7 am to 2 pm. Need to be on the boat at 6:30. This is not a good place for energetic Children, poor sports, or any idiot that thinks perch fishing with 2 poles is a good idea. Newbies follow the instructions of the captain and the first mate they know what they are doing. If you do not listen and tangle into other lines it makes for a crappy day for everyone. We will be back many more times we love the experience. On the way back in the had the Niagara on the water and it was a great photo opWritten 18 September 2015
- Was charged 2 times for 1 trip, and they tried to get a 3rd time as I boarded and asked me for cash when you cant even book online without paying. Rented a poll. First mate was still rigging them up for 20+ mins after we got to the first spot. When I finally got a poll first cast I noticed there was 50 feet of line and we were in 40 feet of water. Not really enough. Second cast my rig flew off. Waited 15 more mins to get a second pole and the reel was on the right side, I reel left handed. I tried to switch it, but it was rusted on. I told the first mate, and figured while I wait 15 more mins for another pole I would use it. Turns out there was a knot on the line and it hung up at 10 feet, first cast. Got a new pole and the line was wrapped around the pole in between eyes. Waited for him to re-line, got it back and it literally didn't go through the last eye. Shocked I handed back. 15 mins later I get the pole back and it is wrapped around the pole in between eyes in a different spot. I'm not exaggerating. All this happened. Finally got a pole that worked, and got a bite... knot came undone at the rig and I lost the fish. Only good bite of the day. Been a few weeks now, still working on a refund for the overcharge. No one is getting back to me. Had they refunded me the overcharge I wouldn't have even bothered posting this.Written 9 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Erie