Showing results 1-30 of 41
What travelers are saying
- I saw this on a list of things to do in Portland and thought it was a neat idea since we def don't have these here in Houston; flat lands and all unfortunately :/
I had read the directions on the official website (gobytram.com), but I'm a bit directionally challenged. Blessings that my boyfriend is better than I am with that and was able to find some paid street parking by the Go By Bike Shop. From here, it was a short walk to the tram station. They have self-serve machines that give easy to read directions on how to purchase tickets, and if you still need help, there is an attendant nearby to assist when needed. I believe it was $5.65 for a one-time roundtrip ticket that you're able to use on the day of purchase. We went around 6:30 pm, and there weren't too many people clamoring to get on. Just a few visitors and medical professionals.
The ride itself was smooth, and you get some gorgeous views to look at when you ascend! We were even able to see Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens though I def can't tell you which is which. It was a great stop for our Portland tour!Written 30 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a great trip and tickets are reasonable they added to new cars and open air car and a modified caboose.
Then in the museum you will see the SP&S 700 (Spokane,Portland and Seattle) which was built in 1938 and is a E-1 4-8-4 Northern and the only surviving original SP&S 700 built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1938 for Northern Pacific Railway it burns oil instead of Coal.
Then there's the Southern Pacific 4449 known as the daylight 4-8-4 Northern GS-4
Which you can get up and personal with all the engines.Great plae to bring the kids.Written 16 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Used trains to get around town while there for three days for a conference. Went between my hotel in the Pearl district and the Oregon Convention Center. The trains were usually on schedule (one failed to show, but it's followup 12 minutes later did show up). Not many people riding, and many of those were rough around the edges so if that bothers you, then don't ride. Air conditioning was working on all trains so they were comfortable. The trains are generally 20 years old or so, and showing their age but usually clean.
Most stops had a single ticket machine, I never saw one out of order. I also never saw anyone scanning their ticket at the stop so I suspect many riders aren't paying. Which is easy to do as I never saw security on the train and never saw tickets being checked.Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- TriMet seems to always get attention when something negative happens. This is unfortunate. It is a cheap and easy alternative to driving and parking around town. There are characters on the TriMet, but I imagine they look at us as if we are the strange ones in their city. If you're visiting Portland, save yourself time and money, by taking a ride on TriMet.Written 16 November 2023
- Took the Amtrak from here to Seattle in October. Very nice, clean, well done historical piece of train history. Employees helpful. Unfortunately, in order to get into the station you must pass through numerous homeless tents, etc. Travel safeWritten 20 December 2022
- I've been commuting with Trimet since 2010, and overall, I really can't complain. Yes, they're sometimes a bit late, but Portland traffic has become nuts in the past few years, and overall I make it where I need to go on time. I give the drivers a ton of credit for the challenges they face, and being friendly dealing with them.Written 27 August 2017
- Punctual, polite, perfect ride in a luxurious sprinter like vehicle with amazing amount of information during the drive by Adam.
We spent one night in Portland before we started the wineries trip to the valley for two days.
Northwest limousine picked us up from Portland right on time and drove us to the wineries for the next two days.
Our driver Adam was like a encyclopedia and educated us about the history of earth and how this continent changed fro ice age to the present times. He reorganized our trip and took us to beautiful spots in the valley.
He was always on time and very polite and helpful.
Rajeev NagpalWritten 23 September 2018
- I think I wrote the first review back in 2015 and these are still my go to guys. Now we are retired and take even more trips and this for us is the best way to and from the airport. Always 5-10 minutes early.
Our returned flight this time was due In at 12:45am but was late and got in closer to 2am.
The rate was the same as if we arrived mid day. There should be a late night surcharge so I paid extra.
How many times do you feel like you were under charged?
Now there is Uber and Lyft in town as well as Yellow cab but nice to have the same dependable guy time after time.
We will use him for two more trips this year. No reason not to.
Large suv, always water available and most importantly on time. The worst feeling is when you are packed and hoping your ride shows up or just want to get home. Never a worry here.Written 23 February 2019
- - Along all my past visiting to USA, I tried to ride it one time only without success? In this last time, by accident I did to travel from Tacoma.TAC.WA to PortLand.PDX.OR by using “Normal” Class without Seat allocated like Commuter or MTR.
- It’s not Crowded & (2+2) big Size raw Seat system with a large Leg Room +big Table +easy Luggage store at overhead or in designed places +V. big complete Bath Rm. +but v. Noise due many periodic announcements with a high voice.
- I can’t use before either due its bad Web site having v. high Rates compared with the competitive intercity Buses or due the Web itself that is not working especially in the “Payment Page”? and emailing to the Sleeping C.S. without benefit _ Also take care, some their Tickets excluding Bags! …
But, in this time I had a ticket directly from its station in Tacoma after landing in SEA Airport & I can’t find any Bus to go PDX but fortunately the Price was good & Station Employees were excellent.Written 27 October 2021
- We had a limo for Mothers Day to tour the Columbia George! Joel picked us up and our entire day was so AWESOME!!! He was a gentleman that looked and acted so so professional. He certainly was experienced and knew how to take care of people. The Limo was sparkling and beautiful. It shows that the Aspen cleaning crew really care about their vehicles and the quality cleaning shows!
All our stops along the day were incredible and so interesting. A huge surprise to us was that Joel maintained the limo during the day. While we were out of the vehicle at each stop Joel would remove any empty bottles or cans, refill the bar and even dust the floor from any dirt that we might have tracked in from the parking lot. The vehicle continued to look fresh all day long! The views, waterfalls, scenery and buildings were stunning, and Joel took time to explain to us history and his knowledge of different things he wanted us to see.
The weather was perfect, Aspen was so prepared with their limo and Joel executed our day to perfection! We would highly recommend Joel and Aspen to anyone! This was a day that we will never forget - because it was so perfect.Written 15 May 2023
- Truly could not have had a better experience with Main Street Drivers! I called after we had another service cancel on us last minute, and James made it happen for us within 24 hours and saved our trip.
Brandy and Aaron were truly the best people to have along with us on our incredible two days and we enjoyed their company like we would a close friend. We had so many laughs with them and even got some awesome recommendations when we had some extra time between tours.
There is no better way to do Oregon Wine Country than with Main Street Drivers!Written 14 September 2022
- The Tour was very informative and entertaining. Matt was a great tour guide. Very knowledgeable and informative. Very good TourVery good tour. Very info. Matt did a great job. Excellent time and experience. We covered a lot of territory and Matt explained everything very well. Awesome time. Many Thanks Matt MWritten 30 October 2023
- On November 21st the driver did not show up for a pick-up in Forest Grove, Or at 4:30 am as had been confimed the day before. I had planned to use Simon again soon, but unfortuntely will never use them again and will not recommend them to my friends who were in need of servie this season.Written 21 November 2023
- Had the chance to do business with these guys on a recent trip! We were heading to Disney World for 7 days and parking at PDX is astronomically priced. The price for a private driver from Salem to PDX and back was great. Especially considering the gas, time and headache it saved me. The driver was friendly, professional and punctual. He was at our home and waited well before we were ready to head out the door. The return to PDX was just as wonderful. The same driver met us at arrivals, door open with a smile. We were exhausted from the trip and I couldn’t imagine walking all the way out to parking with our luggage and gifts. Thank you guys for the awesome experience and I can’t wait to use your business for our next flight, or even better for one of those wine tours the driver mentioned!Written 19 July 2023
- This tour was incredible! Nic was a wonderful host and great driver out to the coast. This tour is well worth the money: we got to see and taste at a seaweed farm, visited a fresh crabbing restaurant and then ended at an oyster bar where we could shuck our own oysters. We had a great time with the other folks on the tour and would HIGHLY reccomend this tour.Written 19 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Portland
- These experiences are best for transportation in Portland:
- Private Arrival Transfer from Portland Airport PDX
- Private Departure Transfer to Portland Airport (PDX)
- Portland Airport (PDX) to Lake Oswego - Arrival Private Transfer
- Portland Airport (PDX) to Tigard hotel or address - Round-Trip Private Transfer
- Portland Airport (PDX) to Lake Oswego - Round-Trip Private Transfer
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Portland:See more transportation for couples in Portland on Tripadvisor