- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
52 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 52
What travelers are saying
- Even with part of the greenhouse closed preparing for new exhibits, we were able to spend time in the tropical rooms and loved it. I was able to grab some beautiful pictures, we found a parking spot right in front of the building. It is a peaceful escape.Written 3 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Most know this as the Northampton Bike Trail!
The Northampton section travels west to Easthampton and East to East Amherst (only the H is silent). Basically flat riding and few roads to cross. You'll travel behind the Malls in Hadley if you head East. Bring water as there are only a few places to stop to purchase any beverages.
This is a go at your own pace ride in either direction.
You can't go wrong on this trailWritten 17 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thornes Marketplace is not large but The Cedar Chest store located inside is larger than life. Not to be missed !Written 20 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Granted it is a well endowed elite school- however this does not guarantee a first class art museum like they have.
Spread over 3 floors- the permanent collection is on 2 and 3.
There is a small contemporary exhibit on 1 with traveling shows.
Street parking is available- definitely worth a visit.Written 20 June 2022
- This park is the most amazing park. They have tons of places to walk, fields, children's
play area, a train, a small zoo like area, a sweet shop and paddle boats on the weekends. They have concerts there, My favorite part was seeing the goats. The guy that works there knows so much about the goats and there personalities.Written 28 July 2021
- Enjoyed checking out the campus. Some beautiful buildings, including some great mid-century ones which I particularly like.Written 21 November 2019
- Stopped by on a Sunday to check out the Main Street exhibit. Lots of great information in a small space. We were searching for info on my son’s apartment. Answered some questions. A lot of interactive activities for younger children.Written 21 August 2019
- Restored 1890's theater in downtown Northampton MA. Ticket prices are very reasonable if bought through their website...very minor service charge. All seats are good...only drawback is dim lighting and lack of handrail on Loge stairs. Saw the High Kings on two occasions, both shows were excellent. Will go again.Written 3 May 2022
- This museum, which is inside the Forbes Library, covers Pres. Coolidge's life from his early life in Vermont, his Law practice and political activities in Massachusetts and his presidential tenure, and later when he moved back to Northampton.
The displays are easy to follow, with lots of photos and memorabilia. They do a good job of helping you understand the president's personality and philosophy. They also spend a nice a mount of time telling us about Grace, as a wife and mother.
The simplcity of the museum was refreshing.Written 20 March 2020
- The Michelson Galleries are full of surprises for both what is on display at length there and for their special exhibits. Many major artists choose to show their work at Michelsons, whose owner, Richard Michelson, is also a poet, a playwright, a children's book writer and so much more .... and a significant national prizewinner!Written 18 February 2020
- We love taking the dogs for an adventure in Look Park, picking up some food and heading to Brew Practitioners after for our favorite brew "Pink." Most recently when I visited with friends, they had the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck! A definite must if you are in the area!Written 26 November 2019
- Nice place to sit down to watch people passing by or to read a book. The day I visited there was some sort of flea market. It was fun!Written 2 July 2019
- Went to see Kathleen Madrigan at the Calvin. The theater is dated but it is comfortable and there is a bar.Written 11 November 2018
- The Happy Valley gift store is an exquisite place for a one of a kind present. It is located right on the Main Street and it easy to find. Happy Valley features creations from local artists and artists around the world. They have jewellery, Russian dolls, bowls, baskets, wind chimes, jewellery boxes, cards, and many other beautiful hand made items. Right now they have some wonderfully crafted jewellery boxes made from tree stumps. All of them have secret compartments. They are amazing.
The staff are helpful and friendly. If you are in Northampton stop in and check it out.Written 25 April 2019
- The IPA is top of the line..... session beer is also a good IPA..... small tasting room.. but I really don’t care! This beer is awesomeWritten 18 March 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Northampton