- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
16 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- There's not much to the lagoon, not sure you can go out on it and might not be safe to enter the water but there's a trail behind the beach that gives a nice look at the lagoon and scrub and birds.Written 9 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I saw this while walking from Collaroy to Manly. It's only about a kilometre but it might be the only cliff walk north of North Head, just a rocky track perched in dense bush between house and the cliff, and it's well worth seeing. The spectacular North Curl Curl Rockpool is at the southern end to cool off after.Written 26 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This little botanical garden is in Dee Why on Pittwater Rd. There is a small car park at the entrance.
If you want a little peace and quiet after the hustle and bustle of Dee Why ,stop by and have a stroll in this quaint little garden. It is worth of it.Written 18 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As I learned, there is a kind of competition between the beaches and ocean rock pools, which one is the most popular, the best equipped, the oldest, etc. Since I don’t want to be a judge in these rivalries, I just write down, that I found, without any comment. The Dee Why Ocean Rock Pool claimed to be made by God. There was a shallow, small natural pool, called Bogey Hole. In 1915, the local Surf Club excavated the pond, making it broader and more in-depth. Don’t expect an Olympic size swimming pool, just a bit bigger than the original was, enlarged to 5mx5m. In 1919 there were further changes made, and the bath became 33,5 m long.
Finally, in 1930 by the council, a children pool was added as a necessary improvement, and the main pool reached its current Olympic size, 50m x 21 m with eight lanes.
This pond has plenty of benefits. Easily accessible, has excellent public transport and plenty of free and paid parking spots. I wrote plenty, but on a hot summer day, maybe you won’t agree with me. The first open place may be quite far away. These are the disadvantages of popularity. After walking back to the pool from your car in +40C from close to 1 km away, hot and upset, don’t jump straight into the water. There are showers to cool you down, change rooms to get rid of your close sticking onto your sweaty body, and also toilets if this is what you need. After a good swim in the pool or the ocean (there are safeguards), plenty of restaurants are waiting for you on the Strand, or you can make your BBQ and have it on one of the picnic tables. There are sunny and shady places you choose. One thing for sure, this ocean rock pool won’t disappoint you.Written 2 June 2020
- We have had mixed experiences with transport to/from Sydney Airport. One minivan shuttle got lost and we almost missed our plane; another hire car driver insisted on sharing his extreme right-wing political opinions over a one-hour trip ("doncha just love Tony Abbott?"), etc. Not Samantha. Sam offers a friendly, reliable and professional pick up and drop off service at rates equivalent to Uber. Her vehicle is roomy, comfortable and clean. Sam is a very competent and safe driver and makes the trip go by faster with a cheerful conversation. We will definitely be using USam again.Written 12 January 2020
- We ladies in particular often need a little beauty help specially for looking great on the beach or for a special night out. So if you want a little 'tidy up' or a great sun tan, this is an easy place to get to if you are on the Northern Beaches for just that treatment. Guys are welcome too. The staff are very professional and appointments are on time. Ask them where to park as it is free quite close. Their prices are realistic and the salon is comfortable, air-conditioned and private And more...you will come out looking great!Written 28 December 2016
- We have just returned from a 15 day Cape York tour with Gold Class Adventures. We chose the self catered tag along option and it was great! There was nothing left to chance as far as preparations and logistics and all our guides were fantastic. They each had lots of 4WD experience and plenty of local knowledge. We travelled with our 5yr daughter (who was the only child on this particular tour) and it was really comforting to us that she was made to feel welcome and included from day one 😊 At the end of each day we always had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the unique locations. All of the campsites were amazing, with plenty of space and great views. There is something magical about sunsets over water 🌅 We found being part of a tour group was great for sharing stories and tips, and you always had someone willing and able to help with any mechanical issues encountered. All levels of experience and involvement were catered for and I did my first ever solo water crossing on the old telegraph track! We had a great time meeting new friends and our daughter definitely missed the regular radio chat once it was just us travelling back home 😉 👪 We will definitely be doing another Gold Class Adventures tour in the future. Thanks Shane, Andrew and Drew 👍Written 26 October 2016
- Wayne made a young Japanese mans trip to Australia complete. On a crazy day with a 6m swell he got him up and confident and now a keen surfer who will be practicing in Japan until he gets another chance to hit the waves. Thanks again Wayne, you are an amazing coach and a great guy!!!!Written 29 November 2018
- Had my first ever surfing lesson here today and had a great time. The instructors were great, really friendly and know their stuff.
I went for a group lesson which would normally have about 7 people I think, but today there were only 2 of us for some reason so I definitely got my money's worth!
Only reason I'm not giving 5 out of 5 is because there were quite strong currents here which I wasn't expecting, but once I knew where they were it was fine, and actually made paddling out quite a bit easier!
Can definitely recommend these guys!Written 30 January 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Dee Why
- The best outdoor activities in Dee Why according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Dee Why on Tripadvisor