Ghost & Vampire Tours • Historical & Heritage Tours
- Traveler favoritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We went for a Mother’s Day weekend in Dahlonega. We were looking for something different to do and happened upon this walking tour online. It’s fun..light.. not too spooky, so for those terrified it’s ok. Very historically versed on the area… definitely recommend. The wine was an added bonus!Written 17 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used DSH for transportation to and from Dahlonega, GA from the Atlanta Airport. The driver was very nice, helpful, pleasant and informative. The punctual service was excellent in a clean very comfortable car. I would strongly recommend DSH Transportation.Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We love the staff at Appalachian Outfitters. They are friendly & knowledgeable about the river. The changing areas and Port potty’s are always kept so clean. When a storm brings flooding and downed trees, they always do river maintenance. They ensure the river is safe to maneuver around the downed trees. They also give you a heads up to where they will be. Safety is always a factor when you are dealing with AO. They have great quality PFD’s & make sure you get the right fit. Another competitor gives basic orange vests. That don’t fit properly. Plus, AO washes & hangs each jacket up to dry. During the height of Covid last year they took extra precautions to ensure everyone’s safety. They socially distanced customers & sanitized surfaces that people touch. They even delayed opening until they felt all precautions were taken for the safety of their customers & staff.
We’ve been going there since I was a kid & now I bring my kids. It’s always a great day on the Chestatee river. They always maintain the river so well. It can be low or high at times but the staff always advises you on what’s safer and easier. The staff is helpful in transporting your kayaks or canoes even if you don’t use theirs. Every year I’m always excited to see the new Appalachian Outfitters merchandise.The designs & quality are superior. As always, I highly recommend this outfitters. There’s a reason they’ve been in business for 40 years, because they CARE & LOVE what they do!Written 1 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was our second time booking kayak rentals online. Both experiences were fabulous.
The booking and payment are fast and simple. All of the staff we've dealt with have been friendly and helpful. The equipment is in great condition. The communication about pick up and drop off is clear.
The section of river is beautiful and relaxing. Definitely fun for newbies.Written 15 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Tom with Outback Guide Service provides an adventure that only someone who has grown up in the North Georgia mountains can give. He will customize a hike based on your level of comfort, time, and preferences. He has many options to choose from based on his depth of knowledge and experience from living in the area his entire life. We went for an easy-level hike to Dicks Creek falls, a multiple drop waterfall north of Dahlonega, GA. Tom shared a detailed history of the area explaining how it was settled long ago, leading up to it's current preserved status. He is also a professional photographer and can easily identify native plants and flowers as well as take a photo of your choosing. Our hike was not rushed and we enjoyed bringing our dog along too! Such an enriching experience! Highly recommend Outback Guide Service if you are looking for a once in a lifetime educational and refreshing outdoor activity.Written 20 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Jason worked diligently to keep us on the fish. He moved us all over the river to put us on a variety of opportunities . His patience and enthusiasm made it an amazing birthday trip. Looking forward to taking a Bowman Float Trip next!Written 14 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Enjoyed every minute of my experience with Tad. He was patient and incredibly informative while teaching my husband and I the basics of fly fishing. I never knew Georgia had such beautiful places and fish. We will absolutely be back next year to learn more.Written 14 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I got lost in the woods after my machine broke down. The signage was terrible, and I got totally lost in the woods. finally I got in touch with someone and explained them that I was completely lost and that i had found a marking sign with a number on it. The person just told me that they did not have anybody around to assist me and that I was at my own. I ended up in a farm where they told me that I was six miles away after I spent hours walking. They gave me some directions through the woods and finally run into some other people that also were lost. I finally got back to my car almost at dark. I really don't think they care if you die in the woods while lost. The trails are not well maintained, they never have any maps and you find other people always asking for directions. Phone reception is really bad if you need to find your location in the woods.Written 16 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used Ben yesterday for our mother/daughter day and we are so glad we did. He was amazing! He was friendly, knowledgeable and affordable. He made our night perfect. He picked us up and took us where we needed to be when we asked. I highly recommend this company and especially Ben.Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dahlonega
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Dahlonega:See more tours for couples in Dahlonega on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Dahlonega:See more tours for groups in Dahlonega on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Dahlonega:See more budget-friendly tours in Dahlonega on Tripadvisor