Nature & Wildlife Areas • Aquariums
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We had a day with nothing planned. Looked around the area and found this gem. What an exciting and educational afternoon. We learned a lot about the Florida’s coastal ecosystems. The walk through the mangroves provided excellent views and smells. We saw fish, birds and even a raccoon. Their is something for everyone!Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walked the entire Riverwalk. It was a long walk. Beautiful and refreshing. A brisk jaunt allowed us to burn off our lunch. Would definitely do it again.Written 1 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One for the best display of cars I have been to in FL. Friendly staff and very knowledgeable. There is a car vending machine. Unfortunately as we were checking in, the machine had an issue and was not able to function before we left. I will definitely be back the next time I am in Stuart. Can wait to see this machine operating!Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It takes about an hour. Really interesting history of the refuge facilities built in the late 19th century to care for the thousands of shipwrecked sailors that found themselves stranded on the Florida coast after its many storms. Wonderful, enthusiastic tour guide and fabulous views of the ocean.Written 16 July 2023
- This beach is the best! It’s perfect for anyone - families, small children, for anyone who likes sun, sand and water! I’ve found some beautiful sea shells there that are worth collecting. It’s got a huge area with shallow water perfect for the little ones. It is a clean beach. Lifeguards are attentive. It’s my favorite beach in Martin County!Written 16 July 2022
- Nice experience, two fantastic museum educators made our visit extraordinary. We learned a lot of about the state ofFlorida and the way of life back then.Written 23 October 2023
- At 65 acres, Halpatiokee Regional Park is the largest park in Martin County. The park is well known for sports activities and it has soccer/football fields, tennis courts, softball/baseball fields, disc golf course, and an open air roller-hockey rink. The park also has picnic pavilions that can be reserved and a playground.
The reason I love the park however is for the 500 acres of wetland preserve that surrounds the park. The park has 4 miles of river front on South Fork of the St. Lucie River so you can kayak. Ecosystems in the park include pine flatwoods, oak hammock, scrub and river land. These habitats provide protection for hundreds of species of native flora and fauna, including 13 species that are designated by the State of Florida as endangered or threatened. Going through the preserve is a mile long hiking trail built by Tropical Trekkers. The South Fork Nature Trail connects together two prior trails that the Tropical Trekkers built along the South Fork of the St. Lucie River. There is also a separate mountain bike trail built by the Airborne Mountain Bike Club. You can find the trailheads past all the ballfields, at the very back of the park where the park road ends.
This week a cyclist was bitten by an alligator in the park after he fell off a bridge into the water. Unfortunately he landed next to what was likely a mother alligator protecting her nest. The cyclist is going to be okay and the nest and mother were relocated. The parks name, Halpatiokee is actually the Seminole Indian word meaning "Alligator Water." Although alligator attacks are actually very rare in Florida it is best to stay out of the lakes and wetlands whenever possible. The bike paths in the park remain closed.Written 23 July 2021
- Excellent work! Loved the panthers and the fox the most. Certainly a great way to start our day. Very gracious hostess. He also paints. WowWritten 17 March 2023
- We have young children and love coming down here to play on the playground, walk on the oceanfront board walk and just be outside.Written 10 March 2023
- Two rivers join together for a view of the most magnificent boats. Clean and nice breeze. Bathrooms are cleanWritten 23 August 2022
- What a cool experience! You can walk right up to the locks and watch the boats go through. We saw all sizes of boats enter. Barges to small fishing boats. Then went to the visitor center. They have lots of exhibits about the history of the locks and local flora and fauna.Written 19 November 2023
- We decided to try something new for Happy Hour and were very impressed. The place has lots of room inside by the bar and a nice outdoor seating area.It was fun to walk around and see the vegetables growing and of course the chickens.We each had a glass of wine and a different pizza. We all agreed the mushroom pizza was the best although they were all good.If I had any complaint it would be that they could have an expanded happy hour menu. Definetly a fun place and something different from the happy hour bar scene.Written 22 March 2019
- I do enjoy this as an area where the kids can go and forget about life. Offers a few nice shade spots. Has one place to eat. You put on a wrist band (which makes it easy to go in and out grab some drinks I left in the truck.
2 bigger slides which you wait in a line left for one right for the other. If you dont push off hard and fast you go fairly slow. Which I guess help my kids not get to scared.
Definitely a cheaper way to a water parkWritten 27 April 2021
- Love the unique rocky coastline. Looks and feels like the northwest. Great place to explore and shell, as well. And the nearby House of Refuge is interesting, too.Written 8 June 2023
- Was perfect for a night stroll with my girl was well light up and very clean
Was a few really nice spots to sit and take picsWritten 2 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Stuart
Stuart Attractions Information
|Tuesday 1:47 PM|