Top Attractions in Salida
What travelers are saying
- The tram, of course, is fun. If you're lucky and have good weather, the views are amazing and you can spend as much time as you'd like on top of the mountain. However, do not miss the fabulous store/snack bar at the base. They have the most beautiful clothing, souvenirs, jewelry, accessories, home decor, outdoor decor and snacks. I was blown away by the handbags/tote bags, great quality and prices and selection. Be sure to check these out; they would make wonderful gifts. The fudge is yummy, too.Written 5 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a very nice public space alongside the Arkansas River with access to trails going up into the mountains on the far side of the river. It's easily accessed from downtown although parking can be difficult during high season.Written 23 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice ski resort with very friendly employees willing and able to help.
I made a mistake when booking my lift ticket online (selected the wrong date), when I got there I went to the counter and they fixed it in a flash. In and out of the ticket area in less than 5 min.
The lockers are nice too, you don't have to pay every time you access it. You pay a very reasonable flat rate for the day.
All the skiers I encounter were nice and prudent.
If you want to ski / snowboard, this is the place to be but if you are looking for fancy boutiques / restaurants you'll be better off in Aspen or Vail.Written 3 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We found this on our way home and stopped. Nice place, friendly staff, good price. Three pools total. A Small younger kids type pool with water features. The larger pool has a small slide, diving board, climbing wall, and lap lanes. The middle pool is the warmest it was 101 degrees on our visit. Not too busy. Clean and easy parking.Written 30 June 2019
- Hidden in the back of this gallery is the option to paint your own pottery. This is a great rainy day activity for your kids. My children have painted several items at the Maverick Potter. Most recently, my oldest son chose a large elaborate coy fish to paint. They were very helpful and patient while my son selected and mixed his paint colors, and spent a ton of time painting the individual scales of the fish. Great relaxing activity, good for the whole family. Highly recommend.Written 12 August 2022
- Went to a special presentation on local Ute Prayer Trees presented by the author of the book the offered for sale there. It was fascinating! Followed by a group hike to see some of those trees, although I wasn't able to go on that.Written 11 August 2019
- The volunteer staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He answered all our many questions about the area and the history of the hatchery. He also gave us big buckets of fish food so we could feed them. There's tons of fish pools - more than you can see when you first get there. It was a great experience.Written 3 July 2021
- The area is super nice for relaxing, sticking your feet in the water or tubing. We tubed down and the water levels were so high and the current so strong that all 6 of us, ended up out of our tubes at least 2 times. I thought the life jackets were a joke but probably saved our lives. It was scary through the rapids.Written 26 July 2022
- Stop in on a Saturday afternoon. The four of us sat up at the bar. Bartender was very pleasant and made a great drink. The liquor they make I thought was very good. Want to go back.Written 19 April 2022
- We drove through Salida and all I could imagine was living here. Deer eating out of people’s yards, people walking the neighborhood, the coolness in the air. We took the Spiral Drive mainly cuz we heard you can see everything. Just be careful cuz Waze gave us the wrong directions but just follow your signs and you’ll be up the mountain. Anyway, we got to the top and it’s really breathtaking. The views were amazing and I could see trails down below and said if I lived here this is where I would be! Definitely put it on your list!Written 16 September 2020
- I’m my from Texas and I love wineries. This winery is tucked away in Salida but definitely worth going too. The atmosphere was beautiful and the wines were delicious. Plus pet friendly!Written 19 June 2022
- Love the set up with several building to search through. Even a free section for the really thrifty personWritten 8 October 2019
- I’ve enjoyed her work for years, and it was a treat to stumble across her gallery while she was there and to hear a bit about the artist’s process from the very warm a d friendly artist herself.Written 10 December 2022
- Even thought the water level was a little low the rafting trip was fun through the Brown's Canyon National Monument.Written 20 September 2022
- Had such a great photo shoot with Tim! He explains the process in detail and his passion for this type of photography was evident. Was such a fun experience and had souvenirs to take home with this. We will definitely be back!Written 26 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Salida
- The best day trips from Salida according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Browns Canyon Half Day Raft Trip - 10am
- Full Day Intermediate Rafting Trip in Browns Canyon
- Full Day Browns Canyon Rafting
Salida Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 7:00 pm|