Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Newport Beach
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Quick trip to the other side - takes few minutes - $1.50 per ticket
Short waiting time for the next ferry.Written 25 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Typical southern California beach town with limited parking and expensive hotels. The ocean side has wide flat sandy beach.Written 25 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful main street with some unique shops and restaurants by day and early evening but what i enjoyed seeing is some of the beautiful lights on the homes still going first week of January.Written 6 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fashion Island is the gold standard for California malls. The location, ocean views, restaurant and store selection, ease of parking. and moreWritten 11 September 2022
- A friend told us about this garden and we absolutely loved it. Small, compact with a well designed display of California plants. Easy to navigate with volunteer docents who are knowledgeable and exceptionally helpful. It is not to be missed.Written 10 January 2023
- Nice place to stop. Ion street parking for the most part. Quick walk to the sand for great ocean views but even better views of the houses and cliffs of surrounding Newport Beach and Corona Del Mar. there were life guard stations and plenty of space for fun. The day we were there the waves were calm but we were told some days there are tremendous waves.Written 9 June 2022
- We spent some time on a few different beaches along the California shore, and this one was ideal! We loved being across the bay from The Wedge - to see some of the big waves roll in, as well as some of the luxury yachts that cruised on by. My husband, 15yo son, and 12yo son were able to catch some great waves on their boogie boards because of the jetty. We were also able to search for mini crabs, which was a cool experience for us (being from Wisconsin).
There are several fire pits for those later evening stays. The bathrooms and showers were not far away, and we felt there was ample parking nearby.
We would definitely come here again... as the view is amazing! Be sure to bring your sunscreen! The sun is brutal!Written 5 June 2022
- I had just finished a job in the early afternoon, and my company booked a redeye flight out of John Wayne International Airport. I found Inspiration Point on Google maps and said why not? It was worth it, I spent a few hours there watching the Pacific wash against the beach and the rocks. Very nice. Obviously a popular spot, but that doesn't take away form the beauty, from the views. It truly is a magical place.Written 27 December 2022
- We were staying further up the beach and went down to this boardwalk a couple different times- both times for sunset! We walked the pier, ate food, had drinks and one night even rented bikes for an hour and rode south for a bit and back. Rentals are easy and right there in the main square. Parking is horrendous though- get there an hour or so before sunset or who you will cruising around looking for a spot at sunset!Written 30 July 2022
- After looking up the local Low Tide time, we headed for Little Corona Beach to check out the tide pools. Free street parking, steep ramp to walk down to the beach (going back up the ramp is much slower going!)
My granddaughter was thrilled to see if there were any sea creatures in the rocks: she only found sea anemones.Written 15 April 2022
- We have not been to Newport Beach in many years. It was fun, chili, crisp clear blue sky’s. We walked out on the beach and the pier. Enjoyed our afternoon in the sunshineWritten 7 December 2021
- Lots of nature, but the trails don’t get very close to the water, so the birds and any fish that are there are pretty far away from youWritten 22 October 2022
- Scenic...thats what came to mind when I visited Balboa Village located in the beautiful City of Newport Beach,California!The whole area is jumping with locals and visitors that come for sun,fun,food,drinks,shopping,walking and people watching on the streets and historical pavillion built by billionaire Henry Huntington! Theres a beautiful beach side marina and beach with plenty of beach recreation activities.Lots to do for everyone that visits Balboa Village!
#marinaparkcommunitycenter #newportbeach #balboapenninsula #waynesalvatti #godisgood #beachlife #balboablvd #socal #californiadreaming #californiadreamin #lighthousecafe #beachcafe #ilovenewport #ilovesocal #surfing #bodysurfing #thewedge #surfinusa #newportbeachcalifornia #lidoisle #lighthouses #iloveligthouses #serene #peaceful #kids #family #fun #beachfun #redline #balboapavillion #henryhuntington #carferryWritten 21 September 2020
- Incredibly beautiful and very calm place to visit. Church services happen at 9 and 11am on Sundays in the chapel located next to the temple. Would highly recommend as a refreshing place to visit in Newport Beach.Written 10 July 2022
- it was located in an industrial area and we found it hard to find since signage was minimal. Plenty of parking with a small back door entrance. Inside was a warehouse setting with a standing tasting area. Tasting was $20 per person. Staff was great and served many people efficiently. We liked Robert alot and he was helpful to find our tastes for a bottle purchase.Written 5 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Newport Beach
- The best day trips from Newport Beach according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Santa Catalina Island All Inclusive Sightseeing Tour From Orange County
- Whale-Watching and Orange County Beaches Tour from Anaheim
- Orange County Coastal Sightseeing Tour
- Small-Group Best Beaches in Orange County Day Tour
- Temecula Wine Tasting PRIVATE Tour
Newport Beach Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 1:19 pm|