- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
21 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Great spot on the way to Yosemite to see giant redwoods. The grove has well established parking and walking trails. Large variety of redwoods in various states. There are really nice hiking trails as well as a nice camp ground next to the grove. Also, there are tons of trails to ride with a quads and dirt bikes.
Biggest downside is it is not right off highway 41. You’ll have to drive the last stretch on dirt/fire roads to get there. Earlier in the season, it’s best to have a 4x4 due to the condition of the road itself. As a result, it is much less crowded. Signage isn’t the greatest, but if you're not wanting to enter Yosemite NP or unable to, Nelder Grove is the next best option.Written 3 October 2022
- I took my daughter to California for her 21st birthday, and we visited Quady Winery in Madera, CA. First of all, the winery specializes in sweet wines and they were all fantastic. Next, Melissa our taster, was phenomenal with my daughter and I, so much so that I felt like she was our best friend by the time we left. This is a distance from some of the major cities, but most definitely worth the trip. Thank you Melissa!!Written 15 January 2019
- This is an awesome place to visit and taste Ports and Tawnies! We first discovered Ficklin Vineyards shortly after arriving in CA 2014. We became club members the1st time we tasted their Ports and Tawnies in August of 2017 and we were quite impressed. At the time, we really didn't know much about Ports or Tawnies. We met John, (sorry don't know his last name) a very nice and knowledgeable man. He took the time to explained the difference between the Port and the Tawnies and their aging process. My favorite are the tawnies although the Ports are also great. Every month there a new blend of Port or Tawny that is created and stored in the barrel that can be purchased and poured directly from the barrel. I love this, but my 1 complain is that most of the time is Ruby or some type of Port, where I prefer the Tawnies but nevertheless, it's been 4 years later and this is still our favorite place to come to. We were ecstatic when tasting was resumed and we had our favorite person, John attend to us. As always, he was professional and took the time to explain each port or tawny and make us feel welcomed and comfortable. It's been a hard year for us all and coming to Flicklin and enjoying our time this past Thursday was awesome. I would like for John to be recognize for his skills in his presentations for each tasting. He is a great, wonderful and valuable employee, and a gem of a person and we appreciate his excellent customer service.Written 17 July 2021
- Daren and his staff make you feel welcome.
They offer the best wines and the concerts at the venue are always something we talk about for months.
He gets the best shows booked and they never disappoint.Written 5 March 2020
- We stopped in on a Saturday on recommendations from fellow RV'ers. The young lady behind the counter greeted us warmly and got us going on tasting. She was knowledgeable and very personable. We truly enjoyed our experience.Written 2 June 2019
- Bird stone Winery is the Kirks work of art.
The wines offer numerous options for everyone to enjoy from sweet to dry.
The tasting room is quiet and tastefully decorated. The port is the best I’ve ever tasted. They host events both private and public.Written 5 March 2020
- So my parents were from this area. I spent summers in the 60s and 70s with my grandparents in that town. Off and on I have been in to see this place. Recently I went to a annual Christmas party there and man they have been busy. Really nice additions over the years and this specific function showed so much care in preparation.Written 11 December 2019
- Chateau Lasgoity is permanently closed. Yelp needs to quit advertising this business as a place for wine tasting. This winery closed in 2016...that is over three years ago. It was a wonderful boutique winery that operated for approximately 16 years; the wines were delicious, the staff was very friendly, and it was a beautiful setting, but it has been permanently closed to the public for sometime.Written 11 December 2019
- Have been here for a few different events. Great wine and wonderful venue and staff. Always watching for events as they come up.Written 13 November 2018
- Looking for some excitement? Try the races. Good time waiting to happen. Reasonable food costs and beer is not outrageous. Take your ear plugs cause it can get loud.Written 27 May 2018
- You can't actually visit the barn, there is no place to park other than the shoulder of the road. There are signs posted that say stay away. It is a rather small building/barn that is painted with stars and stripes. Not a lot to recommend here. If you drive by you have done enough.Written 22 November 2022
- When we first booked location we thought it was going to be a magical location for our wedding but venue manager and supposedly wedding coordinator Diana Sanchez made sure to ruined every step of our day. She was rude to vendors, she was rude to family and our parents acting all high and mighty. I have two bachelors degrees and have never experienced such low quality of education from someone. We paid every single cent of our wedding and this lady was acting as she is was better than us. Chose a location that will value your business and not ruined what is supposed to be the most wonderful day of your life.Written 10 April 2020
- 100% murder vibes from this lake…The boat ramp drops off a cliff, there’s multiple EXTREME DANGER signs, an “emergencies only” phone line at the bathroom, and so quiet you can hear a pin drop. The road out there is barely paved and it feels like you’ll never arrive. Once you do, you’ll want to turn right back around.Written 25 October 2022
- a great place for the entire family to have a grand evening. family owned and operated....fits right in with what we loveWritten 20 December 2017
- Being the first time playing here... driving in... I thought this was a brand new course. That's how well these grounds are taken care of. I was blown away to hear that the course has been around for well over 10 years if not close to 20 (before the name change to Dragonfly). The course was in BEAUTIFUL condition, pace of place was great even though there were 3somes, 4somes, singles, 2somes etc in front of us. Due to Pandemic times... they were letting people chooses if they want to be set up with others... which is fine with me either way. Maybe had to wait a couple minutes on 3 holes which was all. The greens and fairways were near immaculate. The story on the WB tee boxes is insane... some I couldn't find (not that I was playing from those). Overall experience was very impressive. Being an hour and 45 min from my home... I will definitely make that trip more often to play this course.Written 10 August 2020