- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
29 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Amazing beach. Sand so soft you can walk barefoot without any concern for your feet. It’s like visiting the best beaches in Mexico without actually needing to leave the country. 10 out of 10 highly recommend.Written 13 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walk these trails with someone or with your dog. Never walk them alone! Some of the walk is flat and in other areas there are some grades. Overall it is a good place to get some exercise and smell the freshness of the eucalyptus trees.Written 4 February 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a spectacular time to walk or mountain bike on the many great trails at Rancho La Costa. There are California poppies and desert lupine everywhere, and plenty of open space. Trails are nicely graded and with long switchbacks so it's pretty easy to walk. Some rocky and gravelly areas.Written 2 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I took my ebike in for service at the Carlsbad Pedego Shop. The Doctor of fun Diego Cristobal worked on my Lectric ebike. Diego was very thorough with checking out my ebike. I highly recommend this shop for service.Written 21 June 2022
- A real nice golf course to play. Course is in very good shape. You have to know your way around to play well. Lots of blind shots and long carriers required. Overall a real good golf experience and good value.Written 7 July 2021
- A friend really wanted to go surfing again after many decades not surfing, and asked me to join. I was excited but it wasn't something I would have done on my own. I ended up having an absolute blast!! Justin was our instructor and he was amazing. He really pushed me to try and try and I was able to stand up a number of times on my first day. The conditions were perfect - it is a great location for a beginner. I super duper highly recommend the company and trying surfing in general!Written 5 May 2022
- The staff was really nice and quick to help us out! The swan was super fun, we had a great time and would definitely go back.Written 9 July 2022
- My husband and his friend from Florida played this course for his birthday and they had a fantastic time! The course was so beautiful and the staff were so nice and kind. CAESAR was such an exceptional staff. He made sure that everything went smoothly and accordingly by calling us ahead of time. He was so accommodating to us and treated us like family. Although the course was insanely nice, what made it perfect was how we were treated like Friends and Family. Which we will never forget!Written 10 July 2022
- Took my wife for her birthday and she loved. People are great and the flight was fantastic. Worth every penny. The history of this particular aircraft is quite interesting. Hope to be returning soon.Written 4 September 2020
- Great tour, with very informative and interesting. Our tour guide had a degree in marine biology, and was very enthusiastic and able to answer any question! Lots of oysters after great instruction in shucking. Highly recommend.Written 13 April 2022
- My family and I love this place! The wave runners are a really fun way to spend a hot day on the water. My 16 year old loved being able to go on alone and my 13 year old enjoyed being able to drive with me behind... A little intimidating but so much fun. They even allowed us to bring a cooler and drinks on the beach. Overall my family and I enjoyed our day at the Carlsbad lagoon like we always do.Written 10 March 2019
- Awesome, awesome trip. Super flight along the Southern California coastline aboard a fixed-wing plane. Knowledgeable pilots pointing out all the unique features of San Diego County’s famous beaches, sea cliffs, coves, dunes, lakes and even a dormant volcano. Plus birds-eye views of California’s historic man-made landmarks. Fabulous photo opportunities at 500 to 1,000 feet. This is a great experience for tourists and locals alike. Flexible flight plans and extremely clean cabin. Definitely will do this again and encourage friends visiting the area to book a flight as part of their vacation itinerary. Convenient parking at local Palomar Airport, too. Reasonable pricing.Written 6 December 2018
- Matt and Chris gave great individualized instruction for the whole family. Very responsive by email and phone. Fun and valuable experience.Written 14 July 2016
- My wife and I road with Fernando on the 20 mile trip. Scenery was awesome and ride was great. Most of all Fernando was a great guide and host for the morning. This is a must do activity for outdoor minded people. Thanks Fernando!Written 23 July 2017
- Day and evening hours. Range is mat only but has a sand trap practice area. Two small putting areas. Fairly good deal on range balls. 105 for $10. Lots of mats and well kept. Yardage accurate.
Couple of pro's on site and from what I observed provide excellent lessons.
Full service golf shop but is somewhat space constrained. Competive pricing. I just got my grips redone and they did a great job.
Just off highway 78 but a little tricky to find the first time. After that, it's easy.Written 12 November 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Carlsbad
- These are the best places for groups seeking outdoor activities in Carlsbad:See more outdoor activities for groups in Carlsbad on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly outdoor activities in Carlsbad:See more budget-friendly outdoor activities in Carlsbad on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for outdoor activities in Carlsbad:See more outdoor activities for adrenaline seekers in Carlsbad on Tripadvisor