Eco Tours • Nature & Wildlife Tours
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- These guys get ALL the stars! Really a trip of a life time! Our pilot Joe was so good! This is a must do trip! The scenery is so beautiful. The bears are amazing. This company has the experience dialed in.Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our party of 5 booked same day water taxi service to hike the Grewingk Glacier trails and it couldn't have been any better. Sally was super friendly and helpful during the booking process, and Captain John was a fantastic guide. Not only was his service friendly, informative and prompt, he went out of his way to show us sea otters up close and for a special treat found a pod of Orcas on our way back to Homer! Best day ever!Written 11 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This particular trip is something I had dreamed of doing, and I couldn't be happier that we did it with Sasquatch Alaska Adventure. We had a group of 3, and leading up to our trip in August, we did a TON of research on which company to use for this trip. We all were so thrilled with this company, and our pilot Ty was great. He was super informative, and we felt incredibly safe the entire time. We had the BEST time seeing the bears, and we even got to see a mom and her cubs. The flight itself was also incredible, the views are insane!
We will definitely be back to do this trip again, and will use Sasquatch Alaska for sure!Written 15 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This trip was the highlight of my year. They were spectacular; the guides and the staff were beyond friendly and knowledgeable, and we felt safe and well cared-for every minute of the trip. We chose a helicopter ride in May, which was before the busy season, and it allowed the bears to come so close and we really enjoyed the scenery and the wildlife. The photos I got were spectacular, and the bears were stunning, including the mama bears and their cubs.
The helicopter safari really lets you get to places in Lake Clark you would never be able to reach otherwise, and for a while we sat on a rock outcrop surrounded by mountains and bears, and it felt like we were the only people in the universe. It was beyond description: sublime.
We will definitely come back, and I have raved about this trip every day for the last 6 months.Written 6 January 2023
- Definitely recommend the Rainbow tour day from Homer to Seldonia. The crew was friendly, had great expertise on the area and actually CARED about the quality of our tour. One crew member continuously checked the boat windows to be sure they were clean and dry and corrected that as needed, to be sure we had great views. Great day and well worth the time and cost.Written 13 September 2022
- You can rely on Smokey Bay Air to be honest with you regarding bear viewing opportunities. We had booked our trip months in advance, but because of a poor salmon run the bears had moved on. They refunded us our deposit without even having to ask, and recommended us other great things to do in the area. Also, if there were bears but it was too rainy to go, they would try to reschedule us for another day or give our deposit back, our choice.Written 22 September 2022
- Absolutely wonderful experience! First time to Alaska for our family with teenagers. Martin gave us a scenic flight tour of the mountains, landed on a beach, and we spent hours up close and personal with 3 young bears romping and playing in the meadow and digging clams at low tide. Then a mother and her cub came down the beach to go clamming, and another single female bear as well. Martin was an excellent pilot and was very experienced interacting with the bears. He supplied hip wading boots to keep dry. He also took exceptional photos of the bears and our family with the bears. Highly recommend our tour guide - he's exceptional.Written 13 December 2022
- Awesome, small operation and a great way to see bears at Lake Clark National Park. I did the early morning tour show up at 0520 and leave by 0600. It is well worth it for the early morning views, sunrises, and multiple bear sightings in multiple locations. Chris' knowledge of bears and the best viewing spots was exceptional.Written 19 October 2022
- I recently flew with Beryl Air for a day trip out to Brooks Falls. I am a resident Alaskan use to spectacular scenery and wildlife, and still this experience was stunning. Getting to see the area and ecosystem around Katmai and the Alaska Peninsula was amazing on the flight both directions, and being among the seasonally large aggregations of coastal brown bears at the falls was truly extraordinary.
Britney was a fantastic pilot, especially considering we didn’t have perfect weather. She was a great communicator, knowledgeable, passionate about what she does, and made the day easy and fun.
If in the Homer area, I can’t recommend Beryl Air and this experience enough.Written 19 September 2022
- A stroke of good fortune and persistence brought me to Beluga Air and lead to an Incredible Grizzly Bear Adventure!! Our original flight had been cancelled as a result of weather and after calling many places the staff at Beluga came through.. Angela was absolutely lovely with advising me on my brothers ability to do the physical aspect of the trip; After much assurance she actually gave us the number of the guide,Dave .My brother spoke with Dave and felt really supported and capable.. The next day we were part of an adventure!! The float plane was amazing and Wes, the pilot was hysterical.. With a very small group we flew to Katmai National Park and walked the Tundra with the grizzly bears.. Dave was so adept as a guide that each and all of us felt safe and secure as he seemed to know exactly how and when the bears would move, hunt, or pop up!!.. Both Dave and Wes told stories, educated us and guided the photographers in the group to the ideal shots!! The level of fun and professionalism was perfect...If you're going to Homer Alaska and you desire the most perfect balance between fun and adventure call Beluga Air and go on their Bear Trip to Katmai.. You will make lasting memories and take great photos...Written 1 September 2022
- This was such a great experience! I love the small family owned companies. They paid attention to detail, they were on time for our pick up and drop off. They creating conversation and make sure where knew where we were going and wanted to help. I did the Glacier Lake hike. Loved the hike and would like to come back and use them for an overnight drop off.Written 22 September 2022
- Great crew. Captain and deckhand we’re very helpful. Got us on some good fishing spots for Halibut. Went on a 6 person boat plenty of room inside cab and out fishing. Would recommend them or use them againWritten 12 August 2022
- This was so much fun - an absolute shining star of our trip. We came to Alaska hoping to bring some fish home and we certainly accomplished that goal with Captain Mike!! Everybody got their limit of halibut and we even got a big Pacific Cod to boot. We caught the biggest fish I’ve ever seen and it was a blast. Captain Mike and his deck hand Trevor worked great together to give everybody the best experience possible - you can tell they really love what they’re doing and it made it that much more of a special day for everyone. They took the time to explain to everyone what to do to catch fish and made it easy for anyone who was unsure. We were his very last halibut trip of the year and I am so grateful we got to go. My boyfriend talked fishing with them the whole ride out to sea and they gave us excellent recommendations for fishing the rivers near Anchor Point as well which was an awesome bonus. I would recommend going out on his boat to anyone wanting to fish halibut and have a good time!! Worth every penny!!Written 15 September 2022
- Our bear flight was canceled due to in-climate weather , so the owner took us to see the glaciers. The flight was outstanding and our pilot was super informative about the sights. He turned what could have been a very disappointing day into a treasure. Highly recommend!Written 2 July 2021
- Had a great day on the Wilderness Explorer with Jamie and Cody! We had the whole family (ages 7 to 65) on a private charter and were able to head way out to the big halibut grounds. The first part of the day was a little slow on the catch, but the we pulled in 450 lbs. of fish in the afternoon. We had 100 and 80 pounders on at the same time! We thought we were done and were taking pictures when we got another 40 pounder on the line. Jamie was great and kept us out as long as we needed to get our fish! Some charters seem like they're on a timeline and have to get in whether you're catching or not and these guys weren't that way at all. The boat is beautiful and an Awesome ride!!Written 22 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Homer