- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
31 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travelers are saying
- The entire experience was fantastic! Transfers, flights, guide, Vaka crew and tour - just amazing!! We travelled with 4 adults and 3 teenagers on Boxing Day. We were greeted at the airport by “uncle Paul”, a fabulous host who looked after 24 of us that day. His knowledge of Rarotonga and all the Islands history was exceptional (and he was hilarious)! The Vaka crew were wonderful, thank you for your hospitality whilst aboard your vessel, the food and entertainment was great! We stopped at 3 x Motu’s, snorkelled and explored everything in the waters and the island of Aitutaki. Don’t forget to get your passport stamped at One Foot Island!! Thank you Paul and all the crew, this was a family holiday we will never forget. Worth every cent and we are so grateful we decided to do it. Highly recommend, there is not one person we haven’t shared our experience with yet! We will definitely do it again!Written 13 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- "Stunning Island"
Excellent cruise we did with Bishops boat cruises.
Experienced snorkeling/swimming and had a very tasty lunch put on for us and learnt the story behind why it was called One foot Island and to get our passports stamped with the proof of being in One foot Island was awesome.Written 12 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Enjoyed the most amazing Bonefishing experience on the fly. Tia, my guide adapted the day perfectly to accommodate my very limited fly-fishing experience. Great company and a truly awesome day in the most beautiful surroundings of Aitutaki lagoon. This is a must do activity for those seeking a challenge to catch a Bonefish on the fly. My bucket-list wish was fulfilled in every respect.Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did a lagoon cruise snorkel and ended up here to explore and have a potluck bonfire. WOW. WOW. WOOOW. Cannot even describe because it was so gorgeous!!!Written 6 December 2022
- We rode our hire scooter most of the way, passing two puffing trekkers walking up the steep track. Great views although the power lines interrupt panoramic shots.Written 12 November 2022
- I wasn't lucky to be at this beach during sunshine; it was raining but I got to see if when I left for One Foot Island a few times and it's a great place!Written 22 January 2020
- This is one of the motus visited on the VAKA Cruise (reviewed separately, please read my other review for details). There is a resort on this island, and it had history of being one of the stops in the old TEAL days, as evidenced by the now broken up dock.
Akaiami is one of the most beautiful and pristine locales visited by the tour. The pictures really say it all: the sand is nice and the water is gorgeous. Truly a piece of paradise and you have to pinch yourself at the beauty in front of your eyes. The only bad thing: it is sad we only had 20 minutes to spend here, as I could have stayed there all day.
Please kindly indicate if you found this review to be helpful, as it will help me focus on my future review efforts! Safe travels!!Written 11 September 2018
- WOW. The hike up is not too bad, make sure to bring water. The views payoff once you get to the top!!! A must do!Written 6 December 2022
- We looked at two scrapbooks while having a snack at the little restaurant in the garden. We walked all over the garden and saw many exotic plants. However, none were labeled. The place needs a lot of TLC and input but it has great potential to be an excellent botanical garden if only...Written 11 February 2019
- Very blessed to have travelled to Aitutaki from Rarotonga to spend my birthday on the Vaka Lagoon Cruise. This trip was so close to my heart as this was the first time visiting the island of my tupuna. Our hosts Ali and Tango are the heart of island from the airport pickup and island tour to the Vaka and throughout the cruise it was so magical an experience to this day I have not forgotten. All the crew on board were very friendly and entertaining the food was great. Ali should definitely be voted for Best Tour Guide for Cook Islands tourism. He is an asset to the island and his funny nature just adds to his expansive knowledge and love for his island home. Meitaki atupaka Ali and Crew we loved every moment and thank you for making my 1st time back home a memorable one. I will come back soon and this time I’m staying longer. Rangi&Tiaki Strickland-MiltonWritten 22 October 2021
- We had to look hard for this place (get a new sign), but we found this little gem off of the main road. They sell hand made paddles, jewelry made from recycled glass and hand graft ukuleles (on demand). The owner also support great animal causes on the island.
The store is located inside their house, but definitely worth the trip.Written 10 March 2020
- You can’t go wrong with a day out with these guys. Tour is customizable, booking is easy and ohhhhh that coconut cake
It’s the same price to get a charter than book a tour. You will not be disappointed if you chose this as an option in aitutaki (I’m considering booking a second day)Written 18 December 2022
- We were fortunate enough to have Teking himself take us out on his boat for NYE.
He was engaging and humorous and is hugely passionate about marine life and sustainability, which radiated in everything he conveyed. The snorkeling itself was great, seeing some Gin and Tonics (Tekings description of the Giant Trevally!) in some super clear waters. They cooked us a great bbq with plenty of salad to go around too.
Overall this was an excellent day out and it will certainly be one of the highlight of our trip!Written 5 January 2023
- Great rental company located at the Boat Shed Bar & Grill. Super friendly and flexible picking me up & dropping me back to hotel each time. I extended the car hire and it was easy as.
Also gave me tip re Sunday nite at the Boatshed which was one of best nights out on the island with loads of locals.
I drove the car alot each day & used $45 of gas. Price was $70 a day but most of the cars were booked up.
My recommendation is to hire a car for a few days so you really get around the island safely unless you are scooter confident. As there were tropical storms for 5 days this was essential.Written 26 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Aitutaki
Aitutaki Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 10:00 PM|