Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Playa Hermosa
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We went on a Sunday afternoon and it was quite busy, didn't feel overcrowded like a California beach but there were lots of tourists and locals hanging out and enjoying the water and views of the landscape. For more views, if you drive around there are many scenic overlooks in the area that make for great photo ops. No shortage of shade, vendors, and restaurants around so you could easily spend all day at the beach.Written 26 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- San Antonio De Paduga is a beautiful church in Costa Rica next to Playa Hermosa. On Paduga.com every Sunday you can listen to beautiful gospel music and the beautiful christian music is ideal for every believer. Distribute your faith global and get inspired by this beautiful old church.Written 25 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Vacationing in Playa Hermosa since 1995, back when you’d be lucky to see one massage therapist on the beach. These days, for both good and bad, you’ve got a variety to choose from. And it is Isabel Nunez who I highly recommend you get your massage from. Usually found starting around midday on the beach in front of Hotel Bosque Del Mar (south end of the beach). She is the epitome of what everyone should aspire to in their respective professions, and that’s not an exaggeration. I receive massages fortnightly back home and Isabel’s service and skill blew me away. Friendly and personable, prompt, strong but a gentle touch, fluent in English, professionally trained, does house calls, very reasonable pricing, and AMAZING magic-like hands. If you’re visiting Playa Hermosa or the surrounding areas, do yourself a big favor and spend 60 min with her - it’ll change your experience. On a side note, Theresa, another massage therapist also located on the beach in front of Hotel Bosque Del Mar is fantastic, too.Written 21 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When we booked a tour with Mardigi, we really didn't know what to expect. On the morning of our tour we expected a shuttle to show up that would stop at several hotels to pick up several people, and we were amazed to find out that this was a PRIVATE tour just for us. Eduardo, our tour guide for the day, showed up in a very comfortable SUV to pick us up right on time. On our way to our destination, Eduardo gave us a full introduction to Costa Rica, and he let us know that he was a research biologist for 20 years conducting studies in the jungles of Costa Rica, so he reeeeally knew his stuff!! Eduardo was AMAZING in his knowledge of the country and shared everything with us, which gave us so much more meaning and context for what we were seeing and experiencing all day. He was also incredibly friendly and well-liked - everywhere we went, people's faces lit up when they saw him and everyone said hello to him, the guy knew everyone! He shuttled us around all day from 8am to 5pm and never missed a beat. He took us ziplining, horeseback riding, to a water slide in the jungle, to lunch, to the most breathtaking waterfall we've ever seen, to mud baths and natural hot springs. ... it was a truly magical day with the best guide we could have imagined. In fact, we loved it so much, we booked another full-day tour with him/them for two days later. Again, Eduardo took us out on a private all day tour to another waterfall, an animal rehab/sanctuary, and then to the rainforest for another awe-inspiring experience. If you get a chance to take a tour with Mardigi, JUMP ON IT!! And if you get Eduardo, tell him Russ and Melissa say hello!Written 27 January 2023
- Raul gave us an amazing tour. We drove down to the end of the beach to patrol that side. He made sure we walked behind him so as not to stubble our toes in the darkness. We hike for maybe 15 minutes before finding a turtle laying eggs. He made sure we didn’t spook her while she was digging her hole. Then we sat quietly behind her as she laid her eggs. It was a magical experience! Thank you guys for protecting the turtles! You’re really building something important here! So much love!Written 19 December 2018
- We had THE BEST time on the 4 hour buggy tour! Driving thru the water was so much fun. We enjoyed beautiful scenery, explored places you can’t see by car and learned about plants and animals in the area. We felt safe and confident with our guide.
Carlos is a fantastic guide. He knew so much about the area and answered all of our questions. And made sure we had a GREAT time!
We highly recommend this tour and plan to do it again the next time we returnWritten 30 December 2022
- If you want to fish the West Coast of Costa Rica, then this is your place We reserved a boat for 4 of us and the transaction was easy. They set us up on Dream Fishing with Captain Moya and is brother Jeremy. We told them we wanted to target Mahi Mahi. We caught 5 Mahi Mahi and my entire family enjoyed the trip. Catching was great but the boat was in great shape. The crew was great to work with. They brought us food and drinks. We will definitely take these guys out again. You will not go wrong.Written 29 November 2022
- We very much enjoyed our excursion with Zuma. Prompt picking us up for tour. Very courteous, informative and fun. They went a step above taking extra time for whale and porpoise watching as well. The lunch was prepared fresh and we definately enjoyed. We will definately tour with Zuma again. Highly recommend!Written 17 August 2018
- Great facility for movies and events. I love having first-run movies almost at my door. The prices are reasonable. As far as refreshment, fresh popcorn unbuttered but can be salty, sweet or combo. The hot dogs are nice size and tasty but the bun was not good. But will definitely go back.Written 14 December 2015
- We had our first CR trip, Vanessa helped us well set up everything. We spent 5 days 6 nights in 3 locations. Water Rafting, scuba diving, hot spring, Volcano... We still have move activities want to do, for our next trip here! We had private transportation to everywhere we need to. Thanks for Bill Beard's Costa Rica, we enjoyed our vacation, Pura Vida!Written 30 October 2022
- Arrived in Costa Rica with my Christmas manicure as I didn’t have time to get my nails done at home. I popped into Pure Spa for a gel mani and a pedi and it was fabulous! Laura immediately took me back for my pedi and she did a wonderful job! Then Rebecca came into the same room and gave me my gel mani which was also wonderful! Rebecca, Laura and Megan were very friendly and were easy to speak with. I highly recommend Pure Spa if you’re ever in need of a mani/pedi while visiting Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste, Costa Rica!!Written 11 January 2023
- Really enjoyed our experiences at Paw House and will return as regulars. Great food and coffee and there is much more. An excellent addition to Playa Hermosa.Written 28 October 2022
- What a cozy, clean and comfortable spa experience! Great service (excellent professionalism) in a very relaxing environment. This is not where you go for a massage on the beach, so don't expect the bargain variety of massage. It is a classy, upscale & convenient experience.Written 28 November 2019
- Running around in flip flops for several months had my feet looking and feeling BLAH.
The owner has recently relocated from Playa Coco to Hermosa just 1 beach. Well worth the drive. Her prices are the lowest around for ALL of the services.
Manis, pedis, hair cut and colouring, waxing, facials and massage
Guys and girls - check this place out and treat yourself!!!!Written 27 March 2019
- When we were in Costa Rica, our hotel booked us for our diving with BA Divers, and it could not have been a better experience! Since our hotel was on the beach, the boat actually picked us up right on the beach both mornings that we dove. It was so convenient!! The first day that we went out, it was just the two of us on the boat so we had the divemaster's full attention. Our divemaster that day was Mow (rhymes with "now"), and he was the best! He was clearly so passionate about his work, and so friendly and helpful. On my first dive I was having trouble descending and had to pop back up twice, and Mow was so patient with me and helped me calm my breathing down so that the third time was a charm. Once we got down to the bottom, Mow stayed with us the entire time and pointed several things out we would have missed without him, including my first-ever octopus!! We dove with BA again a few days later and had another divemaster, Elias, who was also very helpful and attentive. He even brought his GoPro out for the second dive, and send us underwater videos via WhatsApp several days later, which we are so grateful for. He also found and pointed out to us several things we would have missed. All four dive spots we hit over the two days were fantastic. We saw 6(!) octopuses total, countless eels and rays, and sooooo many fish. And we felt very safe and well cared for throughout. Highly recommend BA Divers!Written 27 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Hermosa
- The best day trips from Playa Hermosa according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Zipline Horseback River Tubing Combo
- Rio Celeste Hiking, Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
- Palo Verde Boat Safari
- Hiking Tour of La Leona Waterfall with Lunch
- Miravalles Volcano and Waterfalls from Playa Hermosa
Playa Hermosa Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 5:14 PM|