Top Attractions in Playas del Coco
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Scuba Caribe Catamaran Sunset Tour, Coco Beach Water Taxi, & Deep Sea Fishing in Papagayo Costa RicaWant to let the people in charge know that the staff at ScubaCaribe is top notch. Camillo was very informative with all of the services your company provides for the guests at the Guanacaste Riu. He gave us an awesome price on the Catamaran Sunset tour. We liked it so much that we later purchased the water taxi to Coco Beach, and also chartered a half day fishing trip through you as well.
The Catamaran trip included snorkeling. Under water, we saw sea turtles, schools of colorful fish, and manta rays. Our guide, "Rhasta" was very informative and helpful in many ways. He took photos of us in caves that are only accessible during low tide, and was a wealth of information about the area and its many attractions. They provided all the necessary equipment, fruit, and water bottles. The Captain's name was Orlando and he did a great job as well.
Rhasta was with us again for the water taxi to Coco Beach and it was interesting to have him inform us of all the celebrities that have homes in the Papagayo Gulf, as we passed them on the way to Coco Beach. The Captain even took us into some caves so we could see all the crabs scurrying away as we pulled close. These extra things are not necessary to get you from point A to point B, but they sure were appreciated.
As for the deep sea fishing, we had 4 people, plus the Captain ("Macho"), and his first mate. To be honest, we did not catch huge fish. We opted for a less expensive trip (less than $250 for all four of us) with bottom fishing instead of trolling, but that said, every person caught more than one fish. And the crew was very helpful with tips and techniques to make sure we did not go back empty handed. We ended up keeping 4 of the dozen fish caught and took them back to the hotel for the chef to cook them up for us. All the equipment and bait were provided, and we had a great morning with these guys.Written 28 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were grateful to find this church not too far from our hotel in Guanacaste. Took a water taxi to Playa del Coco. Went to mass then spent a bit of time in the town. Mass is at 11:00 SundayWritten 4 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great store if you want to support some local artists and are looking for upgrades from some of the typical souvenir shops. I got a great pair or earrings and necklace here that were unique. Tons of art for anyone who is looking to bring home some art. Higher quality soft style tshirts. Just a nice little shop to get some quality gifts.Written 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rojas Bros own and run by a native family of Coco beach...Mr Rojas was a real Coco beach PIONEER
They offer a great combination of souvenirs...from the coast and from different areas of Costa RicaWritten 15 November 2018
- I've been going to church here for numerous years. God's presence is felt there every time and I'm blessed to have had so many experiences, blessings and long friendships come from being a part of this wonderful congregation. The Spanish church has grown so sweetly and big and the "gringo" church, although it grows and then gets small with the seasons, the love and connection remains.Written 19 May 2022
- This market is held once a week and it is something that my family looks forward to as the day approaches. Many fresh and healthy foods, handmade jewelry, paintings, and entertainment for the children! We will be back.Written 29 August 2017
- Machines are very old games and just money eaters. Only one blackjack table, no poker or craps.Small area.Written 17 November 2019
- It wasn't terribly far from the beach, but it was a dark walk down a poorly lit road at night.
I'm not easily off-put by imperfect conditions, but, at this time, this place was $75 US for a gross room in a sub-standard location. The bathroom was disgusting, cracked, dirty tub, the room smelled. The desk staff were not terribly friendly, not staffed after 8 pm, but there was a very nice night guard. I don't recommend it.Written 1 January 2016
- What an absolutely brilliant day we have had thanks to Marea Alta. From booking with Devon via email to meeting Rolbin and Ernesto on the boat, everything was so well done! We chose this option as we wanted an Ocean Safari for our family rather than a party catamaran.
Rolbin and Ernesto were incredibly knowledgable and just really nice people.
We had a great Ocean Safari tour with them and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.
Thank you very much!!!!Written 22 July 2022
- Very welcoming team of diving instructors and guides with very positiv spirit. Explaining the dive routine at the center, life we would see under water, etc. … All dives we felt safe and well guided even thou visibility was low parts of the dives, but overall approx 5-10 meters - remember you have a great chance of seeing big fish and they need small food ;-) They provide you with new equipment and 3 or 5 mm longsleave suites - bring an extra layer (shorty) if you can, it gets down to 21 parts of a dive, but you will het rewarded with Dolphins, devil ray, eagle ray, box fish, trumpet fish, lobster, pufferfish, massiv swarms of fish and white tip reef sharks. … and max. 6 divers on the boat.Written 29 July 2022
- Tomato was fantastic! He is extraordinarily knowledgeable, gave great hiking tours, and took us to a fabulous restaurant for lunch/dinner. The entire day was fantastic!
I highly recommend him!!Written 6 July 2022
- Professional, friendly and amazing crew!!! I can't wait to have another time with Kuna Vela! You guys make everybody feel special.Written 22 July 2022
- We took the Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour and the Palo Verde National Park tours with Gerson and Randall. Both guides were outstanding, very knowledgeable and informative. Excellent company to spend a couple of days with. The vans were clean and comfortable. Wouldn't hesitate to book with Shaman again.Written 13 July 2022
- We scheduled Costa Rica tours with Memo after reading the prior reviews - Wow! Memo Adventures is an absolute must! We did airport transfer to/from and 3 tours with Memo during our stay in Costa Rica - Waterfall swimming/Sloth Tour, Riverboat cruise, Zip Line/Horseback Riding. Memo was phenomenal! Absolutely no doubt we’ll use him again on future Costa Rica trips. Wish TripAdvisor allowed an Outstanding/6 star rating - Memo warranted it.Written 4 August 2022
- My husband and I had an amazing time on our jet ski tour! We explored the coast line, visited beautiful beaches and sea caves, and saw ocean wildlife like tropical fish, stingrays and sea turtles. Jorge met with us before and after our tour and we chatted for almost an hour about some of the other amazing adventures he offers through his company. We can’t wait to tour with Jorge’s company again!
Leigh & Brandon Cassell
Ontario, CanadaWritten 31 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Playas del Coco
- The best day trips from Playas del Coco according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Zipline Horseback River Tubing Combo
- Rio Celeste Hiking, Sloth Sanctuary & Llanos de Cortes Waterfall Tour
- Full Day Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
- Miravalles Volcano and Waterfalls from Playa Hermosa
- Rain forest, Wild life, Waterfall and Chocolate Private Tour