Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- The views were amazing. We experienced the culture and learned many things due to Manuel. He made me feel very comfortable and safe as I am older and it’s not as easy for me to get around. He helped me complete 2 items on my bucket list! I would highly recommend Manuel and when I come back with my family I will be calling him again. You just can’t beat his services!!! Thanks so much for making our trip extra special!!!Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Scuba Caribe Catamaran Sunset Tour, Coco Beach Water Taxi, & Deep Sea Fishing in Papagayo Costa RicaWant to let the people in charge know that the staff at ScubaCaribe is top notch. Camillo was very informative with all of the services your company provides for the guests at the Guanacaste Riu. He gave us an awesome price on the Catamaran Sunset tour. We liked it so much that we later purchased the water taxi to Coco Beach, and also chartered a half day fishing trip through you as well.
The Catamaran trip included snorkeling. Under water, we saw sea turtles, schools of colorful fish, and manta rays. Our guide, "Rhasta" was very informative and helpful in many ways. He took photos of us in caves that are only accessible during low tide, and was a wealth of information about the area and its many attractions. They provided all the necessary equipment, fruit, and water bottles. The Captain's name was Orlando and he did a great job as well.
Rhasta was with us again for the water taxi to Coco Beach and it was interesting to have him inform us of all the celebrities that have homes in the Papagayo Gulf, as we passed them on the way to Coco Beach. The Captain even took us into some caves so we could see all the crabs scurrying away as we pulled close. These extra things are not necessary to get you from point A to point B, but they sure were appreciated.
As for the deep sea fishing, we had 4 people, plus the Captain ("Macho"), and his first mate. To be honest, we did not catch huge fish. We opted for a less expensive trip (less than $250 for all four of us) with bottom fishing instead of trolling, but that said, every person caught more than one fish. And the crew was very helpful with tips and techniques to make sure we did not go back empty handed. We ended up keeping 4 of the dozen fish caught and took them back to the hotel for the chef to cook them up for us. All the equipment and bait were provided, and we had a great morning with these guys.Written 28 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rojas Bros own and run by a native family of Coco beach...Mr Rojas was a real Coco beach PIONEER
They offer a great combination of souvenirs...from the coast and from different areas of Costa RicaWritten 15 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were grateful to find this church not too far from our hotel in Guanacaste. Took a water taxi to Playa del Coco. Went to mass then spent a bit of time in the town. Mass is at 11:00 SundayWritten 4 April 2022
- Great store if you want to support some local artists and are looking for upgrades from some of the typical souvenir shops. I got a great pair or earrings and necklace here that were unique. Tons of art for anyone who is looking to bring home some art. Higher quality soft style tshirts. Just a nice little shop to get some quality gifts.Written 3 August 2022
- We stumbled upon this great "market" which is held on Sundays when we made a Coco Beach excursion from our resort. The people were friendly, and it was filled with vendors from around Costa RIca! We bought some beautiful jewelry from a local artisan who learned silversmithing from his father who was also with him. It was a nice change from the street shopping in Coco!Written 27 February 2023