Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Negros Island
What travelers are saying
- I like this place. It is hidden in the mountains a little bit so we did not meet so many tourists that we expected. There is a nice walk through jungle to second lake.Written 1 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Free to visit, but of course, donations are welcomed.
Nice to look around and enjoy the peace.
Please be respectful and do not make too much noise during your visit.Written 16 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice photo shooting memberance place to visit.
Bacolod don’t have so many tourist spot.
Next to Bacolod city hall is Villa Angela with many restaurant and bars.Written 11 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just came for photo ops. Never got the chance to enter the campus grounds since it was a Sunday. And a typhoon just hit the province. But looking from out , it is worth noting that this is the oldest American founded university in the entire country. And I can’t help but admire the neo classical art deco design of their wonderful buildings.Written 2 November 2022
- The place is big enough to be disoriented to where your about. Good place to shop as well for all you needs; although, there is a south and north to visit for your necessities.Written 19 March 2020
- Not too bad. But getting too touristy. It used to be easy to go-to, now it's got too much shops around itWritten 22 October 2022
- A nice, relaxing outing for the family. My daughter enjoyed the horse ride and the fishing. The grounds are fairly well maintained. We waited for the horse ride during lunch hour. One horse was tied up in the shade, one left in the sun. Better care for the horses would be a good idea.
The food was good as was the service. A nice place to spend some time out of the city.Written 18 May 2022
- After visiting the Cathedral, we decided to check out the Capitol Building and in front of it was this beautiful lagoon park. There was a kiosk selling iced coffee, etc. which you can enjoy seating in one of those chairs nearby while enjoying the views of the lagoon/park.Written 14 October 2022
- Niludhan falls is a very awe inspiring tourist site. And is easily accessible by most vehicles as it is found just along the National Highway. Things to do there would be taking pictures, picnics, swimming, and trekking. Currently, the booths and comfort room are in disrepair as it was damaged by last year's typhoon Oddete.Written 26 September 2022
- We climbed the second highest mountain in Negros Island! Our first stop was with the twin falls then we headed to our camp site which was in the Camp Rancho. The place was so nice and wide! We took a bath in the near river. The next morning we resumed our hike. We were able to stop at the sulfur vent (it was amazing!). Then we pitched out tent in front of Lake Nailig. We stop a bit to take our lunch then we resume hiking going to the peak. Sadly, when we arrived we weren't able to get some clearing due to bad weather. Anyways the hike was fun! 😊😊Written 25 August 2022
- Owned by Mr Tomiko Casiano, The Laguerta Vintage glass museum is not to be missed when you visit Bacolod. His vast array of collection shipped from the US and his stories are really fascinating. Make sure to make an appointment first cos he doesnt allow walk-insWritten 10 December 2019
- It was interesting to see the paintings and other things on display as they tell you a lot about the place and its history. Entrance fee was also reasonable.Written 14 October 2022
- Fantastic conservation center operated by some passionate zoologists and volunteers. We had a volunteer tour guide that gave us so much information about all the animals in the center. Get to hangout and pat the zoo ambassadors (eagles, lizards, snakes etc.). Kids (and adults) were fully engaged the whole time. Highly recommended!Written 13 October 2022
- Mount Kanlaon's Seven Falls is a must experience if you visit the City of Smiles. Its entrance is inside the Mambukal Resort.
Tips! Wear comfy lite clothes (shorts/shirts) and water shoes or sandals; bring swimming attire as you will be surely tempted to dip in the cool water. Bring also bottled water for hydration. It is also advisable to hire a tourist guide for a minimal fee. The trek will normally take you about 3 hours depending on how fast your group is and the weather condition. The 1st to 3rd falls are just for viewing, swimming is not allowed. The trail going to 4th and 5th falls is not passable when we went there so we proceeded to the 6th and 7th falls. It will take around 30 minutes walk before reaching the last falls but its all worth it. Don't hesitate to swim in the refreshing water of the 7th falls.. It will melt all your exhaustion.. :) On our way back, the tour guide opted to try another route.. It was on top of the mountain, the view was great and very relaxing.
All in all, our day tour at Mambukal 7 Falls was a truly an amazing experience and will definitely recommend it to all travelers going to Bacolod.. :)Written 29 October 2014
- Cool place for a laze away in this promenade. At one end is the Dumaguete signage , where many do photo ops. At one end is a boulevard of lights , like in the early era. A waterfront view is nice as well . Located at downtown, many restaurants are nearby, but for a quick snack, street food samplers are recommended.Written 30 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Negros Island
- The best day trips from Negros Island according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Tri-City (Bacolod - Silay - Talisay) Exclusive Day Tour
- Explore DSB (don Salvador Benedicto) In Bacolod
- Lakawon Island Day Tour In Bacolod
- Dumaguete Half Day City Tour
- Dumaguete Manjuyod Sandbar & Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Tour