Top Attractions in Lapu Lapu
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- For world history buffs, it's a must visit spot. The man who led the first sailing expedition around the world met his end at this spot in 1521 at the hands of Lapu Lapu and his men. A memorial to Magellan and the statue of Lapu Lapu are the highlights in a wide plaza. Area is safe (although parking spots are not plentiful). A bazaar of local goods are also featured on the grounds.
For those who don't have any appreciation for history...it will be a bore. For others, it will be fascinating. Know which type of person you and your traveling companions are.Written 29 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This tall monument is located next to the impressive Lapu Lapu statue ... on Mactan island... next to Cebu CityWritten 7 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- nice sanctuary...boat trip required...the water crystal cleal...but the walk ways and jetties need a lot work as very shaky and a risk when walking....Written 1 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was my first time to visit the church as an adult (and almost a senior citizen at that). Years back when I was a child, my father (may he rest in peace) used to bring us kids to this church that had a black Mary as patron. People say the Virgin's intercession is miraculous, hence, plenty of devotees go there for their intentions.
We got there at around 9PM and I heard the caretaker say, "let's close for now". Luckily, we were still admitted and lo and behold, there was a long queue towards the Virgin image even at that late hour, people silently waiting for their turn to venerate.
After lighting a candle, paying my respects and saying my intentions for my God through the Mother's intercession, we made our way out to the market to catch a ride, where a lot of people were standing in every corner waiting for their ride, too. And it was already around 10PM!
Anyway, the experience was sort of a 'bunot-tinik'; I felt great relief that I was able to revisit the church and expressed my sincerest prayer for the total recovery of my brother back home who's in an unresponsive wakefulness state. May the Lord hear my plea.
'Para akong nabunutan ng tinik sa dibdib'. I felt like a spot in my heart was pierced. Sentimental lang...Written 8 October 2017
- If you have some time to spare, take a short boat ride to Caohagan Island from Lapu Lapu jetty in Cebu. The island has about 150 local families who make a living by fishing and selling ornaments made from shells. You can buy some fresh seafood and get them cooked by the locals.
There is a entry fee of 200 php per person with kids charged at 100 php.Written 13 February 2019
- Amuma Spa is always been my favorite Spa in Lapu-lapu. Therapist are knowledgeable in their expertise, very friendly and proactive. They will check with you from time to time how is your experience. The Spa all in all is truly a place for relaxation and tranquility. The current promo that they have right now which is "SELF LOVE" is very timely and relevant . You could have a 90 mins Amuma Signature Hilot + FREE Manicure and Pedicure and Sauna. Perfect gift for your self.Written 8 January 2023
- First of all id like to thank Miss Charleen for arranging our schedule with the spa.
Very nice ambience, relaxing, clean and comfortable beds. Receptionist was accommodating. They have a variety of massage services to choose from. Therapists were well trained. I had a wonderful time there and I'm most likely to come back for another relaxing experience.Written 4 January 2023
- it's a good place to stay in Lapu-lapu while waiting for your check-in time... though you have to carry with you your baggage because they don't allow you to leave your baggage on their baggage counter. :-(Written 4 December 2019
- one good thing about this mall is, it's just near the airport, and you can spend time here while waiting for your check-in time at your hotel, but there are only a few stall and boutiques to visit to.Written 4 December 2019
- Their new branch has something to boast about, especially the attentiveness and accommodation they had given to us.Written 11 December 2019
- This pandemic I noticed the place was open with just a little people at 5pm. I ordered the BBQ scallops near the stall near the parking entrance and the Thai Milk tea. Was worth it, food and the drink were delicious. At around 6pm people started pouring in. Lively place to be amid the pandemic.Written 29 March 2021
- We went 3 times from Newtown to buy few souvenirs and electric appliances for our family…
Unfortunately very dangerous place outside, many troubles with main entrance with wind, you could receive something on your head, no protection net, nothing secure…inside nothing changes since five years, just on second part no lift, very dirty…we had to go SM and Ocean close Cebu bridge to be secure, safe and not in danger.
Make your choice now!??Written 25 June 2022
- This mini L shape mall has a few restaurents like a jap, few koreans and cafes + sourvinier mango based shop. What is good in that place is the supermarket.
Most koreans goes there for cup noodles or snacks like chips besides a korean mini mart directly opposite the hotel.
So if you are looking for other meals than these, you go to head to somewhere else.
I had the jap ramen. Usd10.Written 27 September 2017
- We did a great fun in Olango View Deck. Good that we were able to catch-up with the photography masters of the sanctuary. We are made models by them. and we get to have the experience of looking at the birds faraway using their high-end telescope. Great experience indeed.Written 1 August 2021
- They have added a seawall, the beach and sand are no longer existent. They close early, so if you happen to just want to chill out in the evening, this is a quiet place to be to listen to the waves and think about your life plans. Its just so dark so it can be a bit scary during the night.Written 29 March 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Lapu Lapu
- The best outdoor activities in Lapu Lapu according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Lapu Lapu on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Lapu Lapu according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Mactan Cebu Island Hopping with Lunch - Gilutungan, Caohagan, Nalusuan
- Cebu City Historical Journeys
- A snorkelling tour to Cebu’s Hilutungan
- Mactan Island Hopping and Snorkeling
- Private Island Boat Cruise and Lunch from Cebu City
Lapu Lapu Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 3:34 PM|