- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
16 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Whether or not you’re of the Catholic faith, this a nice place to visit if you’re in Tarlac! I did not go into the monastery, nor were there any events happening at the time of my visit. But the scenery, the ambiance, and views of the rice fields on the way up, we’re all worth it! Plenty of beautiful picture opportunities! The only downside is the ONLY gift shop on the premises. Since there are no other competing gift shops, they pretty much monopolize what they charge. And they do not budge AT ALL, so much for bartering. But even with that remark, all in all, I had a great time. So, if you’re in Tarlac, I would definitely recommend seeing this place!Written 19 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The restaurant itself is open air, with isolated floating gazebos, surrounded by water filled with koi! Anyone that likes taking pictures of their dining experience will not be disappointed, as there are literally hundreds of different picture opportunities at this establishment. We had the fried tilapia, marinated spare ribs, pork adobo, pinakbet, marinated chicken, and fresh lumpia. All dishes were good, but I think the star was the marinated spare ribs. Luckily, the weather was mild. I can’t imagine enjoying myself if the temps were any higher. But we had a good experience here and would come again!Written 21 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best experience to trek! the water is so cold, don't forget to bring food. don't leave trash but memories!Written 1 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our high school batch met here after our alumni celebration. We had so much fun. Kart city has quite a number or karaoke rooms. They serve good and quite a selection of drinks. For those who opt for love music, they have live band performances on selected nights most specially on the weekendsWritten 3 September 2019
- Just out of Camiling is Canding Falls. It is well worth the trip to not only see these falls but also swim beneath them and for the brave jump from them. Yes I jumped. My tip is to hire one of the local guides to show you the easiest ways to get thereWritten 9 December 2019
- Remembering the lives of two influential people whom i saw in life,,,,a serene place to visit,,,,walk thru the life and love of Cory and Ninoy,,,Written 2 July 2019
- No, I'm not sure this is worth anything more than a quick look, perhaps on your way to or from the Monasterio de Tarlac. It's a river bank, not a beach. There's nothing to do here, but if the weather's hot you may get to cool off in the water. Despite what some guides might say, this is not a destination in itself.Written 29 March 2019
- Nambalan River is situated in Mayantoc, one of the towns in the northwest of Tarlac Province.
One approach to it is a narrow concrete walkway with a view of verdant rice fields on both sides, lush foliage around, coconut trees and blue mountains on the other side. The walkway becomes overwhelming as you approach the river but fun to traverse holding an umbrella, a phone and a bottle of water.
The river is rocky but has basins of water by a nipa picnic hut. While the sun is scorching for me, dipping in the clean, clear, cool, refreshing water under the hut’s shade with mountain views and green trees in the background looks quite delightful and fun!
Use of huts has a fee of P500. You have to bring a picnic.Written 29 April 2019
- Mount Damas in Tarlac is not for novice climbers. Technical specifics are on the net. Registration fee at the jump-off at Brgy. Papaac, Camiling Tarlac is PHP20 per person and guide fee is PHP500 or PHP100 per person for large groups. The jump-off can be reached by car. The guides are there to show you the way but they will not assist you unless they think it will cost you your life. It is assumed that you are a mountaineer once you go there. Expect climb and downhill at very steep inclines, trekking by the stream with large boulders and 5 waterfalls to scale if you opt to trek by the stream instead of climbing the mountain to the 120ft Ubod Falls. Most trekkers do it in two days but it can be done in 1 day like we did. It was an 8 hr. (to and from summit) major climb (Difficulty 6/9, Trail class 1-4).Written 29 December 2015
- We have 4 Days Philippine Red Cross Training in Tarlac City just beside the Capitol of Tarlac. Before our training starts, we need to exercise first in this park which is a good way to be fit. Its my first time being here and I can compare the place to Singapore due to clean surroundings maintained by Tarlac Capitol Team, lots of trees and warmth atmosphere of citizens around.Written 24 June 2018
- Worth visiting if you're in the vicinity. Good opportunity to learn how the Aquino generations lived. Very old and well maintained home. We were given a freedom to explore/roam the house without a guide. The lady managing the property was very trusting of visitors.
Free entry, donations only. We drove there, but have to ask a local to find the house as it is NOT sign-posted.
Toilet facilities available. Street parking only.Written 17 January 2020
- This place is inundated with flies!!! Flies are everywhere! In every nook and cranny. It’s totally unbelievable that the management can’t do anything with its flies problem.Written 26 August 2019
- It only took us around 3 hours to get to Capas from Manila, with a Brunch stop in Angeles Pampanga. The coordination with Capas ATV Adventure is good. When we got there, everything was ready. The guides were really nice and they made us drive around the ATV freely at one point. Highly recommended. We chose the Tambo Lake adventure and it's definitely worth it.Written 14 January 2020
- It's located in a roof deck, so it's far from the city noise. I availed of the Zhi Ya Signature massage, and they were able to locate some of my pressure points.
We had our own rooms, so it's very private. And you will be given apple and tea after the massage.Written 17 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tarlac
- The most popular things to do in Tarlac with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Tarlac on Tripadvisor