- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
33 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travelers are saying
- it is an amazing phenome phenomenal that you can find nowhere else in the world. come and explore it that you won't regretWritten 28 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The territory of the park is quite large, but Tsingy was our main interest. The landscape is fantastic, probably the closest analogy could be the lava fields of Iceland.Written 21 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a quad trip which was not easy in the rocky parts. The view are fantastic however the bay of Sakalava is not good for swimming, it's not really clean.Written 28 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It took us 1h10mins to climb our way up. There are 3 resting points. If you want to enjoy the best of the hike, it is best to arrive on top while the sun is setting down. Watching the sunset from there is absolutely magical. And climbing after 3pm is better with the December heat in Antsiranana. Bring water a stick to help you go back down, there are some fairly steep slopes.Written 9 December 2020
- Unbelievable views from an historic World War 2 fort, definitely worth the arduous journey. 2 hours by 4X4 to get to the base of the mountain from Diego Saurez, then a 2 hour steep hike to the fort. Not for the unfit. The scenery along the road is interesting, the summit is spectacular. A must see if you're visiting the area.Written 19 October 2020
- Ramena is the departing point for trips to the Emerald Sea or the 3 Bays, but also deserves a stop.
The beach is wide and offers several great photo spots (including the typical boats); there are also several nice gargottes offering fresh fish at low price and also T-shirst and souvenirs.
For a nice swim, go to the beach side opposite the bays, where the water becomes cleaner and it is also much more quiet.Written 19 August 2019
- This is an ok spot to take a photo of the Hollywood style DIEGO sign, if you have someone with you who can go down below and take your photo. There is a statue there and a nice view.Written 5 September 2022
- The Emerald sea is 1 hr by boat from Ramena beach and it's a must see when in the area.
The local boat excursions leave in the morning and typically include a fish barbecue in the shaded areas close to the beach.
The beach has a beautiful white sand, with clean green water that offers unique colors under the sunshineWritten 7 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Antsiranana (Diego Suarez)
Antsiranana (Diego Suarez) Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 1:04 PM|