- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 48
What travelers are saying
- This was such a fantastic experience from start to finish! They helped me plan and book my trip and then arranged the transport and tours. Everything top notch and professional. (They also speak perfect English if that's a concern). All the little touches that give it that extra star. The rides were clean and smooth, drivers knowledgeable and always on time and the Tikal package was fantastic. I really can't say enough about this family business, definitely recommend!Written 26 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had a great experience on El CA Express. I used them three times, Guatemala Airport - > Antigua, El Paredón - > Antigua, and Antigua - > the Airport. They were prompt with replies, willing to help and wait a few extra minutes for me when I landed and customs took longer than expected, cheap, easy to book, provided wifi, comfortable seats, and outlets at seats. I will use this shuttle service again when I return to GuatemalaWritten 29 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- David is the nicest guy + provides an excellent service. This shuttle is a better option than others out there as it leaves for El Paredon an hour earlier + returns an hour later in the same day so allows you more time at the beach if you are just doing a day trip.
The bus is brand new, super clean + the ride is a lot of fun passing through really interesting pueblos along the way. On leaving Antigua, look out the back window to see panoramic views of Volcan Agua, Fuego + Acatenango!Written 28 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a breathtaking and thoroughly well planned and organized tour! The guides are super nice and try to help you as best they can, always have a free arm for you in difficult places so that you don't slip. The base camp has a wonderful view of the volcano so that you can see everything perfectly even if you don't do the extra Fuego hike and I even skipped the sunrise hike but absolutely didn't feel like I missed anything. More than enough to eat and really tasty. What scared me the most was the cold but we got really good equipment and I wasn't cold at night and I slept great. All in all I would recommend CA travelers to anyone!! And what you have to say: the organization is as environmentally friendly as possible, no disposable cutlery or food containers like the other companies give you.Written 26 January 2023
- A pure 5/5 experience. Everything was perfect – even better than expected.
We booked the shuttle to Antigua from La Ceiba (65 USD, cheap!) through Whatsapp. The process was smooth. We had to reschedule (Saturday —> Tuesday) due to food poisoning and worked out the details through WA without extra costs added on 👍
At the dock in La Ceiba, our driver Manfredo greeted us with a clear sign. He led us to a taxi, which took us to Dunkin’ Donuts. Manfredo picked us up a few minutes later with the shuttle.
It was a nice surprise that we had the whole airconditioned, clean and modern minibus to ourselves!
Manfredo was a perfect driver and above all: safe. No risky overtakings. No speeding. Just great.
The border process was extremely smooth. Took us about 3 minutes to get stamped in and out.
We took a 30 minute lunch break and two shorter breaks. We arrived in Antigua at precisely 9 pm.
The only small downside is that the same driver is driving for 13 hours. However, we did take three breaks. And besides, it seems to be the custom in Central America. We have yet to encounter a company that breaks this long-hours-for-drivers-rule.
Would book again without hesitation.Written 18 February 2020
- Adrian (our guide) was the best part! He made us feel very welcome and comfortable in his country. He, Giovanni, and Christian were so accommodating and made our trip to Lake Atitlan and Antigua one I will never forget. I truly believe our trip wouldn’t have been half as fun with a different outfitter.Written 25 January 2023
- We have been using IRC travel for our yearly trips to Guatemala for more han 14 years! Service is excellent. David is always on time , drives really well and bus is in excellent condition!
Last 2 visits we have had Guillermo drive us after the mission trip to Lake Atitlan Antigua and Guatemala City. He knows the area and drives very competently. He knows the best stops for lunch , ice cream and bathroom breaks and waits patiently while we stop at all the scenic look outs. We travelled as a group of 4 women and felt safe and well taken care of. I would highly recommend this companyWritten 19 November 2019
- We have traveled with different shuttles around Guatemala. We booked the tickets on spots.
Any travel agencies in Antigua can book a shuttle for you. The price from A to B was all the same, and we've likely shared the same bus.
Free pickup at your hotel, but if they tell you the pickup time will be that hour, don't expect they came on time.
There was a time that we waited 45 minutes due to we're the last one picked up, sometimes they're 30 minutes early as we're the first one pickup.
Regarding the condition of the shuttle, we had some old and new shuttles.
The shuttle we took from Antigua to Guatemala international airport, was a very old vehicle with broken seats. We're like sardines inside, is cheap for 12 dollars.
Some other shuttles we have taken, such as from Lake Atitlan to Antigua was a new vehicle, and we were just three passengers on it.
I have no complaints of shuttles in Antigua, I'm glad we could take one of them, or you'll pay a fortune on a taxi.Written 20 January 2019
- Our trip from the cruise ship was exceptional! Our tour guide Rita was so very informative and pleasant to listen to for the trip! We were fortunate to see a distant Mayan Cultural spiritual event Highly recommended Rita is exceptionalWritten 22 March 2019
- We recently did the peanut better making experience in Antigua. We highly recommend this experience. We learned all the steps to make delicious peanut butter. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. Our favorite part was rolling the peanuts. We would definitely do this tour again.Written 21 November 2020
- I travelled with them from Santa Ana to leon. Driver took 21$ to pay for border crossing which only came to 13$. He kept the rest. When i queried he got rude and dismisive. Told gekko but they didnt really care. Customer service is a bot.Written 9 January 2023
- I highly recommended this amazing travel agency to anyone, they are well organized and offer great transportation not only to the beautiful beach at the pacific Coast El Paredón but all over the country!Written 15 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Antigua
- These experiences are best for transportation in Antigua:
- Shared shuttle - Antigua to Guatemala City Airport
- Ground Transfer From Antigua To Guatemala City Airport
- Guatemala La Aurora Airport(GUA) to Antigua hotels - Round-Trip Private Transfer
- PRIVATE SHUTTLE ANTIGUA - LAKE ATITLAN or Vice-versa
- Adventure 2 Days in Acatenago Volcano