Public Transportation Systems
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 206
What travelers are saying
- Easy to use, clean, employees were helpful, cool a/c in train
Easy to find stations as they look like buildingsWritten 14 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The ferry takes you out to the best beach for bathing and snorkeling. We were lucky to go on December 8, Mother's Day in Panama -- a huge deal and stat holiday -- so it was great to see Panamanians, not tourists, enjoying the sandbar beach,Written 20 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great e-mail communication for planning purposes and reservations. Very prompt drivers. Comparable pricing, imo, to taxis too.Written 5 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We traveled by Ferry Las Perlas on a week day, it was monday. It was not too crowded but there many people. Las Perlas is amazing, clear turquoise waters, and beautiful islands, but you need to research in order to pick the best one for your style. We got there early, and they have a tent with chairs so you can sit while you wait. Everything was fast and service was friendly. The boat is comfortable, and it feels safe.
They have several stops in different islands, and you get off where you want to stay. We requested to stop in Contadora, grab an early lunch at a restaurant, and then hired a small boat for island hopping. This is the best idea if you want to see the real beauty of Las Perlas.Written 20 May 2018
- Great Service!!! I had the pleasure to meet Liz during my trip to Panama back in August, She was very very helpful. I recommend Liz Transport Panama for any type of travel to Panama, You”ll be treat as family.Written 6 October 2022
- I contacted Camilo after finding him online. He was extremely responsive and organized a wonderful series of tours for me and nine members of my family, ranging in age from 7 to 77. He was able to figure out activities that everybody would enjoy. He also was extremely knowledgeable about Panama, sharing his insights with all of us in a way that made us feel as if we were really developing an understanding of this fascinating and beautiful country. During the course of our trip, when plans changed or we wanted to add to our itinerary, Camilo rolled with every proverbial punch and adapted without complaint. He was also always punctual and delivered exactly as promised, I would highly recommend working with Camilo to anyone considering traveling to Panama!Written 5 April 2022
- I was a bit afraid about scheduling a tour in Panama and I gave it a try to Melania Tour. I don't regret it at all. I had a 12-hour connexion in Panama and I wanted to get to know the most of this country during this time. Melania did everything to show me everything and I enjoyed the company. The car is really good as well. I totally recommend it.Written 9 July 2018
- This is a interesting train ride in itself and a good way to see the Panama Canal, its surrounding forests and the Gatun Lake, either from the Observation Car or the open platforms at the end of some carriages. The ride is smooth compared to the local roads and this journey is a good complement to a transit of the canal.
The day I went, the train wasn't busy and everyone could use the Observation Car, although some preferred the historic coaches with picture windows or the open platforms. Most people bought walk-up tickets on the day, but it is possible to book at the rail company's offices and find out if there a large tour groups booked on a particular day, as they may have priority in the Observation Car. When I went to book, I found that two days in the week heavily booked, so chose another one. It should also be possible to phone them to check.. The train also only runs on weekdays, not weekends.
The train starts at 7.15am and boarding and ticket sales start around 6.30am: the advantage of pre-booking is there is no queuing for tickets and early boarding. Leaving a Central Panama hotel at 6am or soon after will get you to the Panama-end station well on time to buy tickets and board. Coffee and snacks are provided and there is a bar which has soft drinks as well as liquor, if you want it.
There is no doubt that Colon is unsavory and not a place to walk about in or hang around in for the afternoon return train. There is no real station at Colon, but taxis are available to the bus station back to Panama or the locks at the Atlantic end of the canal.
If you want to spend just a short time in Colon, you could ask the taxi to take you to the New Washington Hotel overlooking the Atlantic for a late breakfast or coffee. This hotel was new in 1913: externally it has a faded grandeur, a magnificent lobby inside and a terrace overlooking the Atlantic.
It's far better to make your own arrangements than pay for one of the expensive organised trips.Written 17 February 2020
- Now located at the end of the Causeway (entrance to Panama Canal) at the Flamenco Marina. Easy to find and easy check in. Thought it was a bit expensive for the ride to/from Isla Contadora but don't think there are other options except private aircraft...Written 25 February 2020
- I was in panama ,and ernesto was amazing . Very knowledgable and easy going . You must choose valitours.. i highly reccommend .. english,spanish and you can practice speaking spanish. Tours and info was grest. He does not rush you.Written 20 March 2022
- Eddie was fantastic. Very friendly, informative, and super helpful. Absolutely great person. Recommend him and his services highlyWritten 1 February 2023
- Can't thank Gonzalo (owner) enough for making our vacation unforgettable. His service allowed us 100% private transportation to our resort in Playa Blanca from Tocumen Airport and back to Panama City for very reasonable rates. His drivers were all professional, punctual and courteous, and complimentary water was very welcomed in the sometimes heavy Panamanian traffic. We even booked a day trip with Panama on Wheels to Monkey Island and hike in the Soberania National Park and had an amazing lunch afterwards at the Las Delicias de Hilda fish market. All tickets booked ahead and any changes or questions Gonzalo was quick to respond. Booking was easy and PayPal made it worry free. Would recommend and use this car service anytime in Panama.Written 17 April 2022
- Amazing tour! The guide Raphael was awesome and he managed our day perfectly. Raphael answered all our questions and we learnt a lot. Thank youWritten 15 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Panama City
- These experiences are best for transportation in Panama City:
- Private Transfer from Tocumen Airport to Downtown Panama City, Panama
- Tocumen Airport Pick Up to Panama City
- Private Panama Transfers
- Transfer from Tocumen Airport to Playa Bonita or Gamboa
- Private Airport or Hotel pick up service