- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 142
What travelers are saying
- Map is a great friendly driver who knows his way around the city. He is reliable and responsible. He took us around for two days and was always there as promised. Call him at 069-58-1240 or have your hotel call him.Written 28 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good driver and very friendly person brought me siem reap to phnom penh. Speaks very good englishWritten 6 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Friday 11th January and we travelled along the Bassac River, a journey of 135 kilometres from Chau Doc in Vietnam to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
This journey was a part of our "Mekong Delta Unveiled Tour" booked through Tui Holidays but the service was provided by Lan Anh Cruise - Speedboat Services.
Our Guide, Mai, collected us from our hotel, Victoria Hotel, at 6.30 am, and we walked the short distance to the boat. There were 7 of us making the journey so we travelled in a 12 seater boat.
The adventure commenced at 06.45 and It took about one hour along river before we reached the Vietnamese boarder, here we disembarked the boat, while our Guide dealt with the visas.
There was a small waiting room, where snacks and drinks could be purchased, there was also an money change available for Cambodian Rial, this took about 25 minutes. Once we were back on the craft the Cambodian flag flying at the front.
About 3 minutes later the boat stopped again at the Cambodian boarder control, we were off the boat again, here we had to pay for the entry visa $35 each. Again the paperwork was sorted by the Guide, however, we then had to go through the immigration process, having our photos taken, all our finger and thumb prints scanned. It took about 35 - 40 minutes and our journey restarted at about 08.45.
Travelling down the River there was a distinct difference between the 2 Countrys, from the chaos and crowded waters of Vietnam to the almost empty waters with cultivated fields and river banks of Cambodia.
It was possible to sit out on the small deck, restricted to 4 persons at a time.
Along with lots of other information, our Guide explained that Vietnamese people prefer to live on or by water whereas Cambodians prefer to live in land.
Along the way we were served with snacks and water, later on we were given a snack bag which contained a Vietnamese chicken baguette and some small bananas with a choice of beer or soft drinks.
It was impressive to see the buildings and tower blocks of Phnom Penh emerge as we neared the city.
We arrived at Phnom Penh at 11.45, a five hour journey from Chau Doc at this point we said goodbye to Mai and hello to our Phnom Penh Guide.
Five hours sounds like a long time, but in truth it went by rather quickly, there was so much to see, it was genuinely very interesting.Written 23 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Train left on time and was clean and comfortable. Arrived only 1/2 hour late.
Western toilet clean and worked fine until about 20 minutes out of Kampot when there was no water.
There is a stop about halfway with an assortment of food and drink stalls.
Train rattles along at about 30 to 40 kph.
A great alternative to the bus and cheaper ! However it only runs on the weekend at present.
Good way to see the countryside and get some great photos. On the outskirts of PP the train passes within touching distance of people's dwellings and stalls.
You don’t need to be at the PP station an hour before as the office doesn't open until close to 6.30am.Written 23 January 2019
- We used Mango Taxi twice and the service was perfect both times. Stefan made the booking process easy and Mr Lim was an amazing driver from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. The business class vehicle was really nice and super comfortable. Would highly recommendWritten 3 December 2022
- We had a fabulous drive with Mr Kong from this company. We went from
Phnom Penh to Siem Reap via the Sambor Preikuk temples. Highly recommend making the stop here on the way to Siem Reap. Mr Kong was knowledgeable, had great English and was an all round nice person. Thank you for a great day!!Written 29 November 2022
- We were driving for 6 hours from the capital of Cambodia to siem reap. He was very friendly and made us feel comfortableJohn take passengers across Cambodia for more than 20 years and he has 3 kids and a wife waiting for his return after each road trip. John is trustworthy, well mannared and reasonable that we could find after many years. Our trip to siem reap was smooth as silk.Written 6 November 2022
- Great service!! Driver was on time, helpful, spoke great English and he drove safely. Highly recommend!Written 3 December 2022
- This is our first trip to Cambodia after 42 years since we left our home land. My parents are ederly couples with health concerns. I wanted to bring them to visit various areas of our country, such as birth places, and momentous places that they lived, fought and survived during dark times of our country of the Khmer Rouge time. This trip was special and sentimental to us by visiting past places; and I needed an expert to navigate the country. I needed someone that is knowledgeable, sensitive to the issues, and compassionate. I found that in Mr. Sarath, and acquired his service for full 21 days. We did not rush our trip, and moved at the pace of my parents allowing them time for reflection and celebration at each locations. Often times we had to traverse upward elevation of hills and downward; Mr. Sarath was essential in offering himself as crutches to assist the elderly couples traverse throughout, such as assisting them up/stairs of Angkor Wat, Thom etc...Our trip to Angkor Wat was not short of a VIP treatment. Mr. Sarath was able to get us close to the steps of Angkor Wat by car to allow better access for my parents.
I was not proficient in spending Cambodian currency. Mr. Sarath was patient in teaching and handling currency for us. He even negotiated alot of purchase for us to prevent vendors from taking advantage of us. He is not only a guide and driver, he also served as my advisor and security guard, making sure that I don't get ripped off and take caution to not have personal items stolen from me. He even carry mom's backpack, and her purchases for her.
We loved and wanted to experience traditional Khmer food, however we were very cautious to not have food poisoning. Most places that we received our meals were from restaurants, and although good, it was not full experience of traditional khmer cusine. We wanted to experience eating natural and organic native vegetables from our country; Knowing this Mr. Sarath invited us to his humble home, and had his beautiful wife and family prepared us a meal that's worthy to be presented to kings.
I can not thank him enough; the trip would have been cut short, and not enjoyable without his professional and personal desires in making sure that our trip was enjoyable and memorable. I could not recommend him enough. If you are looking for the best guide, and friend showing you around. You will not go wrong with acquiring Mr. Sarath.
Thank you Mr. SarathWritten 9 November 2022
- This was a really great service, from the time we booked we were able to easily communicate on WhatsApp. The cars were very comfortable and spacious with AC and the prices between cities we booked were reasonably priced. The cars also always arrived on time.
Thank you for a great service!Written 29 October 2022
- Toy is very good driver, good service and good friend 👍. Im visitor from Thailand and Im appreciated himWritten 3 December 2022
- Mr. Seng was very friendly and always on time. We had some really nice talk and I wish him and his family all the best.Written 10 May 2022
- We made a three days tour from Siem Reap to Kampong Thom, Stung Treng and Kratie. Sam, our driver did a great job. He speaks English very well, cared for us, and most important, is really funny. We laughed a lot together. A great experience!Written 26 November 2022
- He very kind and help customer a lot. Safe to go with him.
He friendly. You can request send everyone to home after comeback trip.Written 29 November 2022
- Mr Lon is nice and polite , and drive safely. He also give advise on where to go, and to save time , which places should I go first. Would definitely recommend him for your safe travelling in cambodia. Best thing is that he is very on time and he will wait exactly at that spot on the time he told you, and if you need him earlier, he is just a call away, very good!!! Thank you mr Lon.Written 27 May 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Phnom Penh
- These experiences are best for transportation in Phnom Penh:
- Private Transfer from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh to Siem Reap by Private Car or Minivan
- Private Taxi Service From Phnom Penh - Siem Reap City
- Ground Transfer/SUV/ Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Phnom Penh International Airport pick up
- These are the most romantic places for transportation in Phnom Penh:See more romantic transportation in Phnom Penh on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for transportation in Phnom Penh:See more transportation for adrenaline seekers in Phnom Penh on Tripadvisor