Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- The only real reason to come here is for the building itself. Most of the stalls are not selling tourist type merchandise but I had a fabulous hour or two here marveling at both the building and the food market. The food market has an extraordinary range of seafood and you can sample some of it at the food stall that run along one edge of the market- it is clearly fresh as all the seafood is alive!Written 25 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a really beautiful temple. The floor is made of silver. There is blankets over most of it, which is a shame.Written 3 May 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful temple, off the tourist trail. Visited on the way to Udong. Well worth having a look, very gold with beautiful handpainted drawings on the walls and ceiling.Written 31 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited in March 2022 and just recording the present position although sadly, not much detail. For background pls read Sherpa 591575’s review which I welcomed as informative supported with some nice photos. Thanks Sherpa.
Agree this is a nice place to visit for both casual tourist and perhaps train buffs but is small and seems not very hospitable.
Was informed by young lady in “staff” uniform that Passenger Service is NOT operating at present. Staff had very limited English language skills and was somewhat unwelcoming in attitude so not able to add more about the train service.
She sorted indicated for me to try again next month but I would caution against any reliance on her comment.
I was hoping to travel to Kampot by train but now May enquire at the local Post Office about using the mail van’s morning service instead.Written 24 March 2022
- Vattanac Capital
tallest building in town.
Makes your mind think of a penguin.
Excessive banter from the bar.
Definitely worth a visitWritten 23 April 2020
- As it is listed under attraction and without reading reviews went there to visit along with Royal railway station, another attraction listed in Trip advisor as both are located about a km from Central market. Candia Tower is not an attraction but a high rise building in Phnom Penh. Along side another high rise building has come up. Years back it might have been only tallest building in the city. Just can have a look while crossing. Royal railway station is located very closely, which is neither an attraction.Written 15 January 2019
- We walked past this building surrounded with neatly-pruned shrubs with flowers twice, on 14 and 18 Dec. On 14 Dec, we did not take notice of the Buddhist Institute because it was night time. We noticed it on 18 Dec and took several pictures with the building as the background. They turned out very nicely. Firstly, the architecture is impressive. Next, there was a good mix of clear blue sky, the brown building, the shrubs and the flowers. From our Hotel Emion, we walked to the riverwalk pathway via Himawari Hotel, towards the direction of NagaWorld 1, we had to walk past this building.Written 25 December 2019
- To best honest, I was astounded by this mysterious, modern, yet very Angkor-inspired complex, blended with nature elements. Definitely worth the detour, for a half-day outing, to combine with Phnom Ba Seth & Phnom Reap Monastery if you're living or staying for a while in Phnom Penh. We cycled here, pretty much on a whim, with the Phnom Penh Easy Riders FB cycling group, and all 18 participants loved it!Written 12 October 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Phnom Penh
- These are the best places for budget-friendly architectural buildings in Phnom Penh:See more budget-friendly architectural buildings in Phnom Penh on Tripadvisor