- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 39
What travelers are saying
- Amazing day, right from buying the ingredients, preparation, cooking & eating.
We laughed with the chef and her assistant throughout.
Special mention for cutting out the ‘nobly bits’ hilarious.
Thank you for a wonderful day.Written 8 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This Cambo adventure provides ATVs and does conduct guided ATV tours. Overall, definitely recommended as the ATVs are in good condition and the guides are also responsible.Written 7 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved our visit to Champey. Everyone was so welcoming and it was a delight watching the students perform. We also got to play traditional instruments as well as visit their visual arts studio. I really recommend this visit. Perfect for families.Written 28 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked the morning course with a trip to the local market, which was a real education! The kitchen facilities were excellent, clean and cool. The recipes were delicious - made in the traditional way and eaten at the end. The tutor was friendly, and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed this experience and would recommend it to others.Written 28 March 2020
- We had a completely amazing time - the chef who hosted us had very good English and 10 years cooking experience. We started off by deciding which meals we were to make with our fellow classmates and then set off to the market to source the ingredients. At the market he let us taste a few unfamiliar Cambodian fruits in addition to the ingredients we sought. He also went into great detail when describing the various fruits and vegetables we came across. We felt that he invested a lot of effort to immerse us in our Cambodian food experience. The cooking was really well instructed and the dishes were totally delicious. Couldn’t recommend more!!Written 15 November 2019
- I was visiting so I was able to attend only 3 classes, but all of them were exceptional, and the teachers were all very good. I would make that my studio if I lived there. Place is clean, and everyone is friendly. The teachers are always very helpful and checking posture and making suggestions. A wonderful break from a very hectic vacation.Written 5 May 2019
- Wonderful experience. Linna is warm and welcoming with great sense of fun. The trip to the friendly local back street market is worth going for on its own with Linna handing exotic fruits to try and showing all sorts of foods from live fish and crabs to cooked crickets and snails. Cooking with only market fresh ingredients is great and the end result is beautiful food. Can't recommend highly enough.Written 13 September 2016
- Sovannah Phum's performances are on Friday and Saturday nights, but if like us you aren't in town to make the show, their studio is open through the week and they teach you how to make your own shadow puppet.
It was a great experience for my six year old son - they warned us it could take 2-3 hours and I expected him to get bored half way and I'd take over but he was fully committed and very proud that he turned a single piece of leather into a fully formed shadow puppet in around 2 hours.
Strong recommended for families with young children or anyone on a rainy day (I'd say a child from 5 could do this as it's simply following a stencil, though it is essentially a hammer and nail action so there is a risk of hitting your finger).
I'd simply suggest you gently persuade your child to pick the stencil that suits your available time - if they love geckos you'll be there longer than a turtle as some are more complex than others. Ultimately if you run out of time the teacher can knock it off in 10 minutes.
Total cost was $15 for one shadow puppet, with a teacher alongside him for the full two hours.
We were there on Sunday morning, and from what they say they arr available all day for lessons, though may pay to call firstWritten 20 October 2019
- I have been training at Selapak for about 3 months, and I have loved every day of it. This place is truly awesome. I look forward to every class!
Thank you for existing.Written 24 July 2019
- As an expat in Phnom Penh, I wanted to gain some insider cooking knowledge after eating so much delicious local food. Veasna's cooking class seemed like the ideal fit, versus the bigger, less personal and more routine-seeming options in the city. As promised, Veasna is a great guide to Cambodian cuisine and a lovely human being to just spend a few hours with. Even though I've lived here for a few months, he introduced me to a bunch of new treats at the market, and his fish amok during the lesson was definitely the most delicious I've tasted yet! I look forward to cooking more of his recipes via his online video series soon.Written 28 May 2017
- We had a great visit here for a birthday, playing on the pottery wheels. It was as formal or as relaxed as we wanted, with no pressure at all to finish or only use so much clay - in fact the opposite. Could not have been better. The proprietor is a friendly guy deep into the art scene of Phnom Penh as well as with a lot of international experience himself and through the artists he brings to his studio and gallery.Written 25 November 2019
- Had alot of fun learning from a very kind and patient lady. The environment is comfortable.i would recommend it anyone that needs something therapeutic to do.Written 11 June 2018
- Took a while to locate the shop (mainly because i walked the long way, without following the map), but the shop is relatively well located (near to the Russian Market). On the way to this shop, i stopped by a Koi The for a bubble tea and to cool down.
This shop sells the concept of sustainable living, soap bars, self-bottled shampoo.
I am a huge fan of soap bars, so had to stop by to see what they had in stock.
Not a big selection, but always nice to see an eco-living shop that also supports a good cause.
Haven't use the soap, but if ever i'm back in PP, i would likely visit again, just to lend support.Written 31 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Phnom Penh
- These experiences are best for classes & workshops in Phnom Penh:
- Khmer Cooking Class Half Day (AM or PM)
- Khmer Cooking Class Full Day
- Learn to Speak Basic Khmer - Sunday Language Class & Group Dinner
- These are the best places for groups seeking classes & workshops in Phnom Penh:See more classes & workshops for groups in Phnom Penh on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly classes & workshops in Phnom Penh:See more budget-friendly classes & workshops in Phnom Penh on Tripadvisor