Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- The only real reason to come here is for the building itself. Most of the stalls are not selling tourist type merchandise but I had a fabulous hour or two here marveling at both the building and the food market. The food market has an extraordinary range of seafood and you can sample some of it at the food stall that run along one edge of the market- it is clearly fresh as all the seafood is alive!Written 25 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Russian Market has a lot of options for shopping. The quality is average though. Fun place to shop! We found some good winter wear and stoles. Lot of options in T shirts as well. Wish we could also have found good quality cotton dresses and Tshirts.Written 13 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is small area near river side but it is good to walk a long river bank and see. It has 2 side of shops inside market. It is possible to see until 10 pmWritten 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hello to all and a good week-end. Wondering if I can find a meat slicer and meat grinder in this market? Frans.Written 6 March 2021
- Usual market that you get across the region, including a central part featuring lots of jewellery and watch stalls.
If you’re after t-shirts, hats, bags, scarves, souvenirs etc this is place for you. Make sure you barter - you’re looking at around 60% or better of the original price.
In my opinion better than the rather disappointing Night Market.
Worth a visit.Written 4 November 2022
- Phnom Penh’s Old Market, which Cambodian’s know as Phsar Chas, is close to the Night Market, situated between streets 108 & 110. From the riverfront take the short walk down 108 & the market will be on your left after crossing street 13. Continuing down 108, keeping Phsar Chas on your left, you arrive at street 15 which is narrow & often covered with plastic sheeting & tarpaulins, to fend off inclement weather. This is the area where you will find fresh meat, fish, crabs & vegetables.
Many of the vendors open around 6am while others appear to close by late afternoon. Best time to visit would be early morning, say 8am.
Phsar Chas, with many narrow passageways, serves the needs of local businesses such as hotels & guest houses with fruit, vegetables, fresh meat/fish & cut flowers. It is also the place to get your hair re-styled or a quick trim & have your nails repaired & decorated. I noticed at least one small business where clothes can be altered or repaired including replacing a broken zip or missing buttons. Other small shops sell a mix of household requisites & cosmetics. You will also find Buddhist candles & incense sticks with an array of related items in some of the market’s small units.
Everyone is welcome although not really a tourist attraction, but none-the -less, well worth the opportunity of witnessing the comings & goings of a very busy traditional Cambodian market.Written 26 August 2020
- Flower Market Riverside is a small flower market at the end of the Sisowath Quay in Phnom Penh.
Next to the flower market are little stalls selling all sorts of tourist tat and a Rastafarian looking guy with long hair trying to sell you birds from a cage.
The flower market I assume is seasonal as I’ve seen photos of it full of brightly coloured flowers but when I visited there wasn’t anything of the sort.Written 26 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Phnom Penh
- These are the best places for couples seeking flea & street markets in Phnom Penh:See more flea & street markets for couples in Phnom Penh on Tripadvisor