Historic Sites • Monuments & Statues
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- We stopped in here literally for 15 minutes to check it out before our Dinner cruise. It was a very nice surprise. So peaceful and the architecture is beautiful! If you are in the area, stop by and check it out, its worth a 1/2 hour of your time.Written 3 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walk is all uphill. You pass through two cattle guards which are slippery when it has rained. Trail itself is pavement but not kept up. Areas are overgrown with grass and lots of cow dung since this is an area cattle roam freely. We heard a cow in the bushes but didn’t stop to investigate if it was a female or a bill.
The view is well worth it.Written 4 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don't let being somewhat off the beaten path deter you from experiencing this powerful sacred site run by indigenous people. It is the largest Heiau, (traditional Hawaiian temple) in all Hawaii with a tremendous history both in its origins and recent past. Have you heard the word, "Mana"? This is where you will feel it surrounded by the ancient presence of the Alii (Hawaiian kings) and ancestors. Along with the Heiau itself, which is a spiritual and archaeological treasure, the site contains marvelous ethnobotanical gardens, hale (traditional Hawaiian house), and wa'a (outrigger canoe). It also provides a stunning ocean vista with massive rolling waves pounding the shore. The perfect place for contemplative walking and reflective journaling, if you seek somewhere to offer prayers, this is it!Written 18 November 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.