Popular things to do
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Bus Tours
- Kayaking Tours
- Surfing Lessons
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Scuba Diving
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- 4WD Tours
- Geologic Formations
- Hiking Tours
- Day Cruises
- Half-day Tours
- Hiking Trails
- Full-day Tours
- Self-guided Tours
- Plantation Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Special Offers
- Top Picks
- Bodies of Water
- Likely to Sell Out
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Shopping & Fashion
- Yoga Classes
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Maui
Admission tickets from ₱2,600.52
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This drive offers spectacular views & is a little bit fun (very windy and narrow roads, that frequently converge into one lane). If you want to visit the black sand beach at Honokalani, you'll need to book a permit in advance (minimum a few days) - many national parks in Hawaii require permits to enter as a way to limit tourist traffic. Also check out the red sand beach (you'll need to walk 5mins or so, but no permit required).
WARNING: Ensure you leave enough time to drive back the way you came with sunlight - there are no lights on the roads and they're ultra windy, I drove it twice in the dark and it was pretty scary. Would not recommend if you can avoid!Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy dive or snorkeling location, great for a refresher SCUBA course and just floating with the fish. Not the best beach in Maui but I am keeping that my secret. I went there with In2Scuba and Mike was quite helpful and made sure everyone was safe. It is a huge tourist location. Lots of fancy hotels, a gold course, Roy's etc. so finding the public parking is a chore but it exists. It is also a good location to just beach bumming which I saw. Near to Lahaina for supplies or the Maui Brewery, 3:30 - 5:30 Happy Houris the time to go. Gas is 35% more, load up on the east side of Maui when you get your Costco supplies.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- View from the cliffs is just as amazing as the blow hole. The blowhole can really kick the spray into the air. It takes a while to drive there, but the natural beauty is worth it.Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This must be one of the best beaches I have ever been too. Beautiful sand and clear water. If you don’t like strong waves this isn’t the beach for you.Written 28 August 2022
- This was the perfect spot to stop to watch the sunset whether just a couple or a family. There is a playground and showers. The public restroom was clean.Written 1 September 2022
- Fantastic beer and food! Staff were friendly and helpful! Pizza and Kale salad were delicious and we really enjoyed the beer flights! We will definitely return for another visit! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️Written 26 September 2022
- Great beach in a very nice location (some kind of a Beverly Hills of Maui). The beach is clean, with great sand and smooth and sandy entrance in the ocean.
There are just a few spots in the shade, but still better than other, while you can also rent umbrellas & chaise longs (50 $ per pack or 30 $ just the umbrella).
Seems like the turtles like to swim in that area as there’s a big chance you stumble upon at least one turtle swimming in the water close to the land.Written 3 September 2022
- This flea market is easy to get to, has ample parking, and although the entry fee is a little cheeky, still a good idea to check out.Written 8 August 2022
- Enjoyed walking along the dragon's teeth trail. Beautiful way to spend a few hours. Some parts of the trail were a bit challenging along the coast so use caution.Written 21 September 2022
- Made reservation couple month for the sunrise summit entrance for 3AM. It was the most magical thing!! In my experience, you don't have to park up to the summit parking lot. You can still watch it once you parked at the main summit entrance and walk a little to the side and have your personal viewing . Make sure to get there at least 30 min before the sunrise. The first light was mesmerizing.
We left at 3AM from our hotel and got there around 5:00AM had time to use the restroom and park. About 5:30, you can already see the first light and every minute, the sky changes color. It was pretty amazing. Its about 35 degrees with no wind. We had winter gear and was very comfortable. Def. Dress warmly.
I personally think it was one of the highlights of Maui. Def. Recommend.Written 28 September 2022
- My wife and I had a pleasant afternoon at the Maui Ocean Centre. Our favourite areas were ‘The Living Reef’ and the exhibit about Kaho’olawe. We spent about 5 hours, which felt about right. I should say that we are the type to take our time and read most of the interpretive material.
The restaurant had good food. I would recommend it to adults or families.Written 27 May 2022
- This is a fantastic snorkel spot! But it’s a ROCKY beach. No sand so wear good shoes. And flippers walking out to the water. We saw 3 turtles! We felt the far left side was the best snorkeling or of your a strong swimmer wayyy out to the right. The jungle you walk through to get to the beach is AMAZING!! Video/photograph that whole walk. The sounds are amazing.Written 4 July 2022
- My husband and I are not morning people so we decided to drive up to the summit for sunset. We were not disappointed it was phenomenal. I can't imagine seeing anything like this again. The road up terrified me because of the drop-offs and all the S and hairpin turns. Still worth it!
I had done a little research before we went so we arrived well before sunset so we could have a good parking space and in what I felt were warm enough clothes. . It is cold up there. Let me repeat myself-COLD!! We wore pants, long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts. Being from New England I was confident we would be fine. Nope, we were freezing because of the wind. I should have had a winter hat and perhaps gloves then the wind probably would not have bothered me as much. Still the sunset was still worth it.
I say this is a must see.Written 28 September 2022
- You’ve got to see this! One tree covering the entire town square. Clean bathrooms just catty-corner from the old courthouse.Written 26 August 2022
- beautiful clean beach, usually the waves are mild, water was so clear. Very good restaurant on either side of the cove, couln't get in to Gazebo, but the other had excellent fresh salads. would definately returnWritten 26 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Maui
- The best day trips from Maui according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Small Group Road to Hana Adventure Tour with Pickup
- Small Group Road to Hāna Tour 6 to 8 passengers
- Haleakala Maui Sunrise Tour w/ Breakfast
- VIP Private Road to Hana Tour with Pick Up
- Hāna and Beyond - Full Circle Rainforest Tour.