Taxis & Shuttles • Private Tours
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
21 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- This was one of the highlights of our trip. The tour was thoughtfully arranged with interesting views of the canyon, other sights of the island including the sea turtles, the coffee plantation and the monk seals. Our tour guide provided as well an interesting relatable history of the island.Written 8 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Elijah perfectly captured our family in beautiful Kauai! He was creative and patient with us! We are so thankful for these lifetime memories!Written 31 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did a private tour today with our guide, Domi. It was a great way to not only see the island spots but also learn a ton about the history! It was a perfect way to spend a day. Domi adjusted quickly when not only rain changed our plans but also closures due to COVID-19. This is the way to see the island!Written 19 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were scheduled to take a trolley stop tour to coincide with our cruise ship's arrival in Lihue, HI. Unfortunately, on the morning of the planned arrival, the weather was too rough to allow the ship to access the port and the visit was cancelled, with no notice. I managed to send an e-mail to Trolley Stop Tours - and explained the unfortunate circumstances. I had requested a refund (but with less than 24 hours notice I was not confident that I would be successful) but within a couple of hours I received a reply and notification that they refunded our tickets. What a great example of customer service. If we ever make it back to Lihue, we'll certainly book with the company again.Written 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We decided not to rent a car during our recent trip to Kauai. We pre arranged two trips with Kauai Taxi Company. Drivers were on-time and professional. Vans were clean and comfortable. Price was reasonable.Written 11 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- (Poipu and Koloa) Call in the late afternoon and tell them when and where you are dining in Poipu or Koloa. They pick you up in a great open-air vehicle with music and a party atmosphere. Doug (owner) and Mike (weekend driver) are both great people. After dinner, call and they pick you back up. In 40 plus rides over the years we have only had one wait of over ten minutes to return, and they called to let us know they would be late. Going they have always been on time. Enjoy that extra mai tai since you will not driving in unfamiliar territory. There is no set cost, tips only. I can tell you from experience this service is worth tipping well.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My bride of 20 years and I splurged and planned our first visit to Kauai to celebrate our anniversary. It was a last minute decision and booked everything just two weeks prior. Needless to say, finding a car rental available was nothing short of challenging! However, the clouds parted and I swear Angels sang as I contacted Deanna and to my amazement she had a couple of vehicles available. At first, we had reserved the Mercedes convertible but she called us and said there were some technical issues at that time and she just didn't want us to get stranded somewhere and offered us the Mercedes SUV instead. Having never been to Kauai before, I'm SO glad it worked out that way as we found out a Jeep or SUV is the way to go on the island!
I can't say enough how pleased we were from first contact to the end of our trip. Communication was excellent, service was impeccable and the vehicle was immaculate. We're planning another trip this year and definitely renting from them again.Written 19 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- They were in time. Suburban was clean and very spacious. Victoria was very nice and found a place for us to stop on the way to the airport to get last minute gifts. Such a pleasure to have a relaxing ride with no stress. Will use them again!Written 31 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used Jeff & Victoria multiple times while staying on the North shore after we had a poor experience with another cab service. Super responsive, fast, reliable, clean cars and gave us some great recommendations.
Victoria gave us a ride down to Kapaa toward the end of our trip and we both regretted not having her pick us up from the airport when we first got to Kauai since she knows all the hidden beaches, good camp spots, and where to get good local food.Written 29 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very good Poke and Hawaiian lunch plates.Had the Kahlua pork and Lau Lau.One of the best Lau Lau.
And great prices.
Enjoyed the Apple Manju.Written 9 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Victoria picked us up from our Princeville accomodation on time and we had a very informative one hour drive to the airport. We felt like we were having another private tour. I had prebooked before leaving Australia. The car was clean and smelt fresh. Thank you for your professional service. I would highly recommend this taxi company. Mahalo.Written 20 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was just the perfect afternoon to spend with young children. It is a private reservoir filled with all types of water activities, including kayaks, stand up bikes, stand up paddle boards. It was off the beaten path of most of high traffic tourist areas. It is private land and simply a gorgeous area to spend a few hours. Scott, our guide, helped my son learn to fish!! You have a guide there the whole time to help with any activity. You can use whatever equipment there is to paddle around the lake. It is relaxing place to spend with the family for an afternoon if you are tired of crowded pools and beaches!Written 5 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Pineapple Sam hit a grand slam with us. My group of 4 had never visited Kauai. We embarked our cruise ship and located Sam and A1 Lift about a quarter mile from the port. We were happy with the itinerary and the cost. His van is comfortable and seats six. Another couple joined us and off we went. Unfortunately the couple only wanted a 2 hour tour. Apparently another 20 or 30 bucks was going to break their bank. After a very heated discussion I suggested we take this jerk back. I wasn’t going to allow him or his attitude ruin our tour.
After Jerk and his companion walked the plank Sam suggested we meet back later and continue the tour. We agreed.
After Sam fulfilled another commitment we met at 4pm for the second half of our tour Jerk free.
Traffic on Kauai is much lighter later in the day. We were able to see Waimea Canyon, theGrand Canyon of the Pacific, Spouting Horn, Water Falls, a Coffee Plantation and heard interesting bits of folklore and history of this beautiful island.Written 20 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We arrived in Maui on January 8th around 11:00 pm; we were very tired as we had flown most of the day from Toronto. We were greeted by the Roberts representative who informed us to pick up our luggage, then head to Roberts desk. We got to the desk and waited for quite some time before being boarded onto the bus; a group that were supposed to be on our bus told the Roberts desk representative that there had been a change of plans - most of them would be taking rental vehicles, and only two of the group (one adult and a young child) would be on the bus, plus the other peoples luggage would be going onto our bus. We waited a very long time for this ignorant group of people to get their luggage loaded onto our bus as well as into their rented vehicles (nearly one hour); we had to wait until they retrieved two road bicycles from the luggage area and then load them into the seating area of the bus. Roberts should have rejected this change and told them to take all of their luggage and bikes in the rented vehicles; they never told them anything and just continued to wait - there was my wife and I along with another young couple that had to wait. When the Roberts rep pulled the bikes onto the bus past myself and the other male rider on the bus, she rudely told us to move our legs.....very rude and unprofessional individual!!!!!!!!
Once we got loaded, we headed towards the Ka'anapali area; the first stop was at the Ka'anapali Alii Resort where the bus driver dropped the people off that held up the bus. As she pulled into the front of the hotel drop off area, she did not acknowledge the overhead sign warning of the low roof in front of the she office - she got stuck beneath the sign - the hotel rep came out the told the driver where she was supposed to drive and where she should back up to - the driver was not pleasant to her at all. After she managed to get the bus out from beneath the sign and backed up the bus to a parking area, they began unloading the abundance of items - this took a great deal of time. Thank goodness the next stop was ours at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas; the driver was not friendly at all when she off loaded our luggage. This person should not have a job in the customer service industry.
On the way back to the airport on February 15th, we had a totally different experience with Roberts; we were picked up by a very FRIENDLY and courteous driver by the name of Gwen - this was a great trip back to the airport. If we decide to take Roberts again next year, we hope it's Gwen that is our driver both ways, or somebody with the same cheerfulness and positive attitude as Gwen. That other driver hopefully will be fired or quit her job by then.Written 30 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Terrible service! They canceled 15 minutes before we had to leave to the airport at 5:30 in the morning. They didn’t call us, we had to call them. Apparently one of their cars broke down and they had no other cars available to get us. We were leaving to the airport early so we asked if someone could get us in an hour then and It was a no. They were short with us on the phone and basically said we had to deal with It ourselves. If you want to make your flight, I would not recommend this service.Written 3 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kauai
- These experiences are best for transportation in Kauai:
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Kauai International Airport to Kauai Hotels
- Shared Round-Trip Transfer: Kauai International Airport to Kauai Hotels
- Shared Departure Transfer: Kauai Hotels to Kauai International Airport
- Private Arrival Transfer from Kauai Airport (LIH)
- Private Departure Transfer to Kauai Airport (LIH)