- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- First place saw us with a private guide and we paid over the odds for some bananas, next place was 1Bz for 8 excellent bananas which is amazing value.
Oranges were great too watermelon really lacks flavour.
Friendly stall owners who don’t hassle you so enjoyable 5 mins
RobWritten 9 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited Walters art studio with my parents and son. My mom has been a longtime fan of his work so we reached out to Walter to see if we could stop by one Sunday afternoon. He and his partner welcomed us into their home and he showed us his studio and elaborated on his creative process, shedding light into his wondrous mind and how his artistic style has evolved over the years. We truly enjoyed our time. They even took the time to show my son the animals in the yard and gave us eggs from the chickens. Was a Sunday afternoon well spent! Highly recommend if you’re a lover of the arts.Written 29 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- one of those places you never hear about but really cool stop right on the road. The families were friendly and informative. Not your everyday tourist stopWritten 26 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just right displays of a wide variety of art at reasonable prices, can see it all within one hour. Owner is very personable and knowledgeable about Belize.Written 29 October 2019
- Beautiful shop with original jewellery! Love the lion fish jewellery idea ✌🏻😍 bought a piece of earrings and a ring and got some little ear studs as gift 🎁! Very nice personal as well ☺️Written 31 January 2023
- If you are looking for a variety of souvenirs that are locally made, this is the place to go. The options are extensive. A nice variety of all kinds of things. Prices are a little high though.Written 21 January 2023
- A unique spot for some really cool souvenirs! A nice Rasta vibe, the man running the shop was very nice and very helpful. He made sure the store felt clean and safe and it seems he puts a lot of great thought into what he sells. Definitely recommend!Written 28 November 2021
- Do stop and admire the amazing crafts, especially the jewelry and the wooden bowls and art. Just a delight We could not help but buy!Written 26 January 2023
- Our hotel had this soap in the room. Everyday the hotel stocked the room with different flavors. It was so good that we looked up the maker on the web. The woman who makes it works from her house. The taxi did not no where it was so the hotel took us there. It is also sold in one store in San Ignacio.
What a wonderful treat to bring home.Written 31 January 2018
- Such a great little shop just full of all kinds of local made things. They have a great selection of travel bags and string back packs. So many local spice blends perfect for every foodie. Candles and soaps. Right by the big market stopped in while waiting for my Covid results and came out with a bag of great gifts and souvenirsWritten 5 January 2022
- Awesome experience. The day we were there, we were the only customers. Wilana, the proprietress is absolutely lovely and welcoming. If you love "hot stuff" this is the place to go. She had an infinite variety of hot sauces, but also mild and savory. In addition to the sauces, chocolate, ice cream and nectars, you can also purchase non-food stuff, textile and stoneware items.Written 9 November 2022
- We visited the San Ignacio Market looking for unique gifts/souvenirs and didn’t leave disappointed. We were so happy that we wandered into this small shop and came across mostly handmade, beautiful items. If you are looking for something special, made in Belize, be sure to stop in. You can find them towards the left side of the market when facing the river.Written 11 August 2021
- The BEST little bookstore in the country. I stop in almost every weekend to enjoy browsing and buying books, this store has so many unique books that everyone will find something they like. Friendly staff and beautiful store makes it a must for any book lover! <3Written 7 September 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Cayo
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Cayo:See more budget-friendly shopping in Cayo on Tripadvisor