Points of Interest & Landmarks • Scenic Drives
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
6 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Tourist Drive 33, Sydney to Hunter Valley
Great alternative to driving up the highway is to take Tourist Drive 33 through some really nice farmland and towns. There are a few places to stop such as Thompsons Bridge, Trading Post (for coffee or a drink in the rustic terrace, then just walk around), then there is the town of Wollombi, where you have a variety of cafes, a pub (where they were playing 2-up on Anzac Day), and restaurants including Myrtle & Stone which has a good selection of meals and great service, with 2 wrap around balconies and garden terrace out back.
#MyrtleandStoneWritten 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Australia is a bit ‘obsessed’ with big sculptures, some are great, others not so.
The big Kookaburra is gorgeous, a real landmark in the midst of Kurri Kurri. You can’t miss it, stop over, relax in the lovely little park and take some photos. It’s worth it!Written 26 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Dirt road to the museum that felt like Bush bashing in a little car was unpleasant and would have appreciated a heads up as it was muddy from some recent rain.
Nice little short train ride in old carriages included in entry fee.
A big museum in a beautiful old building.
Not much else besides that...
We had some questions but unfortunately we could not find any staff or volunteers around to ask.Written 25 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- OMG... you just have to wonder!
The access was a bit rough but what can you expect. The site is such a magical place, it must never be ruined by careless thoughtless tourist.Written 20 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As you drive around the town of Kurri Kurri you will notice these brilliant murals everywhere on the buildings and even the public facilities in the local park. One local kindly informed us of a common image in every mural, a hint is it’s something the town is somewhat obsessed with. Some are obvious whereas some are cunningly hidden, the Gallipoli landing mural presents a challenge to find the image. Very well done and good fun to find the murals.Written 15 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.