*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Fantastic view! Staff were really welcoming & knowledgeable. This was the best wine tasting experience we have done in the Hunter Valley.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fun tasting session- fabulous selection of unique wines. Lesley was so knowledgeable and engaging- a great find and thoroughly recommended!Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Four of us visited on a Friday afternoon and had a great time. The wines were delicious, the views amazing and the overall experience was laid back and very comfortable. If you are tired of pretentious wine testings then this is the place for you. Enjoy.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I had not been to the Hunter for a few years, we decided on the half hour wine tasting (6 Chardonnays) booked via the Scarborough winery web site.
The wines were excellent, Scarborough is rightly renowned for its chardonnay, we were impressed with the selection sampled and the chesses provided to accompany the wines. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Written 5 December 2023
- My husband and I experienced the Brokenwood Journey with Amy as our host. We may not have chosen this but it was arranged by our travel company as part of a two day visit to the Hunter Valley. However we thoroughly enjoyed it ,especially exploring the wine and food pairings. I think my palate is shot as I age as I couldn’t taste much difference in the taste of the wine before and after food . The concept is excellent however and much thought had obviously gone into the pairings. It was great to have a personal tour of the winery with Amy who was very knowledgeable and personable. All in all a great experience.Written 22 November 2023
- A series of beautiful gardens laid out around some nice small lakes. Each garden is not extensive but a small taste of different styles.
Well maintained and an easy stroll - picturesque and a wonderful way to while away a few hours.Written 22 October 2023
- Great experience wine tasting in the hunter valley area. Recommend it. Looking forward to trying the new restaurant.Written 26 October 2023
- Tried wine tasting here, every wines served to us was amazing. I have been to hunter several times and this place is the best.Written 30 November 2023
- Amazing food and wine! Great experience, very welcoming to the family and all four legged friends (with some doggy Champagne to share).Written 14 November 2023
- Group of 20. Catch up from university 40yrs ago. Wine tasting to start. Food was excellent. All dishes were liked. Service very organised, efficient (especially for such a big table) and extremely friendly and engaging. Can certainly recommend for big group, but would go back without hesitation as a couple.Written 22 October 2023
- Villas and wine are excellent! We had a wonderful weekend with my partner. The wine tasting was so good that I became a member.Written 20 November 2023
- Great day for all ages. We have been here previously and enjoy it every visit. The Grandkids are happy and love how close you can get to the animals and you are able to feed some. This time we were up close to see the lions being fed - amazing experience! We saw a group of ladies enjoying their close encounter with the Meerkats - such a great experience, this has been added to our bucket list! All staff are so friendly and helpful. There are picnic tables scattered around the grounds to enjoy your BYO food or buy from the park. We highly recommend this park for a great family day out.Written 26 June 2023
- Such a great vibe, excellent tastings (bought 4 bottles from the range) our host was relatable, he picked up on our vibe and we enjoyed some fun bantering and humour amongst the tastings. He also recommended wines we wouldn’t usually taste and found we ended up buying those wines as they were delicious to drink.Written 28 October 2023
- A fantastic setting within the hunter valley with some excellent wines to taste, I would especially call out our host Sharon Roe, who was very knowledgable and was able to answer all the questions we hadWritten 18 November 2023
- Scott looked after us and he was excellent, he was extremely knowledgable about the wines and the history of Tyrrell's.
We enjoyed all of the wines, especially the Vat ones that Scott gave us some of.
Well worth a visit.Written 31 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Cessnock
- The best day trips from Cessnock according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Hunter Valley Wine Tour from Sydney incl Lunch, Cheese, Chocolate and Distillery
- Small-Group Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Luxury Hunter Valley Wildlife & Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Uncork the Hunter Full Day Hunter Valley Winery Tour
- Award Winning Full Day Wine and Food Experience
Cessnock Attractions Information
|Friday 4:19 PM|