- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Food & Drink
86 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 86
What travelers are saying
- We are members and therefore biased. We really enjoy their wines, the beautiful setting and their family story. Well worth a visitWritten 3 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The vineyard is a beautiful place with lovely views and an excellent tasting room. We tried a selection of wines and all of them were at least very good. The server we had was courteous and knowledgeable.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a delicious lunch here. Definitely book your spot as it is very popular. The service was excellent - friendly and attentive. The food was delicious with a good range of choices on the menu. Great atmosphere in the restaurant added to the enjoymentWritten 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sally was an amazing host. Would definitely be back to visit. The Brokenwood was beautifully outlaid with a lovely atmosphere.Written 2 August 2022
- Dropped in and did a spontaneous wine tasting with Alex. Glad we did, as the wines were fantastic and the tasting with Alex was really fun! Would highly recommend a visit!Written 6 August 2022
- What a great boutique winery! We turned up at the just before closing and it was no trouble at all. Simon was a fantastic host and didn’t rush the tasting - the wine was amazing and no hangover from the natural wines the next day. As others have said, the chocolate liqueur was to die for! We would definitely go back.Written 9 August 2022
- Scarborough has always been a joy. It is in an amazing spot with a 360 degree view of wine county with beautiful facilities . Even as it has become more sophisticated it has kept the sense of family that attracted us in the first place. And that is before you get to their fabulous wines . oh and the kangaroos and joeys that came to visit while we tasted ....Written 8 August 2022
- We had the great pleasure of staying in one of the Leogate Estate Villas in early July 2022.
It was our first visit to Leogate Estate. We were blown away by how good it all was! We highly recommend you stay at, or at least visit, Leogate Estate. Everything about the Villa accommodation was exceptional! You can read, in other reviews on Trip Advisor, of how modern, well appointed & equipped the Villas are! At the time of our 3-night stay, the Villas were only about 7 weeks old...so absolutely modern, clean and beautiful! Our Villa was beautifully and tastefully furnished, was very spacious, plus it had a king bed which was extremely comfortable, with perfect pillows!
The view from the Villas is brilliant! The villas are all in a slightly elevated position and look down over one of the vineyards, with the Brokenback Mountain Range in the background. The sun sets behind the mountain...so peaceful and breathtaking!
The overnight room rate included a complimentary generously stocked mini-bar, breakfast hampers for each morning of our stay, and high-quality toiletries in the bathroom. The first night's accommodation also included a free bottle of delicious Leogate Estate wine...just perfect for us to enjoy on our Villa's private covered timber deck overlooking the vineyards and with the mountain in the distance! It is no wonder that Leogate Estate wines are served to the First Class and Business Class passengers on Qantas international flights!
All of the staff were exceptional too! Tracey, the Manager of the Villas accommodation, could not do enough for us! Nothing was too much trouble...and many things were offered to us freely and without us asking! The staff in the office and reception were also outstandingly good ... very friendly, courteous and efficient!
From now on, Leogate Estate Villas will be our "go to" place to stay in the Hunter Valley's Pokolbin area. The Gates Restaurant at Leogate Estate is brilliant too! We highly recommend Leogate Estate Villas and the Leogate Estate wines!Written 16 July 2022
- We popped in to buy some wine.
A super friendly, knowledgeable guy helped us.
And even gave us a quick tour of the winery.
If you’re looking for a friendly place to visit, without the pretentiousness, then this is your place.Written 17 March 2022
- Wow - great wines, fabulous ambiance and winemaker discussion with Paddy - and a beautiful estate with views.
Highly recommend- not just for the delicious wines of Cockfighter’s Ghost but the entire experience.
Could have stayed all day.Written 21 May 2022
- Great tasting experience for the Hunter Unearthed. Our host was very knowledgeable, friendly and took time to make us discover wines on and outside the list. We also had an excellent cheese and cold cuts platter, probably one of the best I’ve ever had. Wines were of great value and variety as well so we bought some after the tasting. Highly recommended!!Written 11 July 2022
- We had one of the best wine tasting experiences ever at Tamburlaine! Tom was our host and from start to finish the experience was perfect - Tom was incredibly knowledgeable about the wines, had many older museum wines for us to try as well as the current release vintage, and great cheese platters to accompany the wine. We have been members of Tamburlaine wine club for over twenty years, and continue to be very impressed with the customer service at Tamburlaine. We brought friends with us to the wine tasting and they immediately joined the wine club as well! Thanks again for a great tasting experience - we will be back soon!!Written 8 February 2022
- It feel as a quite commercial settings ... I personally did not enjoy too much as I found it a bit impersonal but I can see how it would work really well for big groups of friends or large families. Paddles are ok, you pick up at the bar and drink at your table. If you want a more intimate experience and surroundings I would probably not recommend, although I know they do also pic nic so maybe a better option for couples.Written 9 March 2021
- Stopped in for lunch on the advice of one of the Wineries. Shared a pizza with a beer and a cider. Was SO good. Lady who served us from friendly, helpful and one of the best we had all weekend. Atmosphere was great. Definitely recommend.Written 21 November 2019
- I had a wonderful Chocolate and Wine tasting experience at Tulloch. The staff made me feel appreciated and were very detailed in how to enjoy this experience and get the most out of it. Thanks again.Written 9 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Pokolbin
- These experiences are best for wineries & vineyards in Pokolbin:
- Hunter Valley Wine Tour from Sydney incl Lunch, Cheese, Chocolate and Distillery
- Award Winning Full Day Wine and Food Experience
- Small-Group Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Sydney
- Hunter Valley Premium Food & Drink Tour
- Snapshot Half Day Hunter Valley Wine Tour