- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
13 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Hunter Belle is great for a drinker and non-drinker experience to pair wine and cheese or to just eat cheese and crackers! Great assortment of items in shop of cheeses, fudge, ice cream and gifts. We couldn’t leave without getting our favourite cheeses - Ash, Briebelle and Caramelised onion and thyme cheddar.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great cheese tasting experience with a very friendly and knowledgeable lady, who patiently explained how to pack the cheeses we bought so they'd survive the flight home. A nice range of unique cheeses and an easy drive out from the main town centre.Written 9 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Not only does this store stock an amazing array of cheeses and deli meat items there is also a huge selection of sauces, pickles, preserves and other condiment. While the store is pricey it is certainly worth the effort as the selection is varied and it stocks interesting and hard to find items.Written 16 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I am not a cheese lover but still found lots to love in this shop. Came out with some locally-made jams, chutney and honey as well as snacks. Topped off with a yummy gelato. Sat at a table in the sun to enjoy the fresh air and open space outside.Written 12 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great assortment of goods. Nougat and chocolates, as well as jams and olive oil. Chocolates are lovely but very expensive.Written 17 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a beautiful and unusual place to shop, full of giftware, jams and charming items to purchase. i found a stunning silk dress amongst it all, which is super comfortable and has become a favourite. Nice, friendly service too!Written 3 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Overwhelming array of handmade chocolates and delicious fudge. Also stocks a lovely range of local and regional sauces, dressings and preserves. Unfortunately tastings are not currently available.Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The first time we stopped by, this place was closed despite all the signage being out and indicating otherwise. We returned the next day for a tasting and had a great time! The staff were generous with the samples and let us try as many as we wanted, which was awesome. It also meant we tried some flavours we normally would have avoided (like Lime vodka and Habanero liqueur) that ended up being the favourites of the tasting! Come for the glittery vodka, stay for the amazing flavours.Written 7 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- byvonne - A Treasure Trove (gift shop extraordinaire) now in the Hunter Valley Gardens Shopping Village!When you visit an area like the Hunter Valley so frequently as we have, you have your favourite spots and things to do, see and visit. And unless you have a strong desire to find new things and support local business, you may miss things of an extraordinary nature. And there are so many brochures and publications (we are staring at 3 major publications as we write this) it is actually hard to find something. So we hope we help you by being the 1st to publish about a fabulous place to explore if you are looking for that special something, either for yourself or as a unique and handmade gift for another.
We only just happened upon an article to learn of a couple who has had such a unique business on the central coast for 5 years. And there it would have remained hidden from us and many others, except for the fact that they have recently moved home and had cause to move the business to the Hunter Valley Gardens Shopping Village.
We have visited the gardens several times but never stopped to walk through the shopping village. We used our longer stay and inquisitive nature to take the time over this Christmas trip and we weren't disappointed.
Where to start? Well, at the byvonne shop door. We were welcomed into the store by Yvonne and later met Ross. And also welcomed by the lovely scent of candles here and candles there. And not just plane candles, but in jars and holders decorated artistically. And then you notice so many other things as well as candles. We could not possibly do justice to the depth and beauty of all offerings in this store. You must visit for yourself.Written 28 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I bought a beautiful light weight summery scarf from Yvonne’s shop when she was located on the Central Coast. I wore it ALL the time. Then my toddler son, ever so helpfully, became interested in it, and was never to be seen again!
I decided to go to her shop to purchase another one, only to find out that it had closed due to COVID. I contacted Yvonne via her website and she informed me that they’d moved to the Hunter… but not to worry as she still stocked the scarf and would check inventory when she was next in the new shop.
Yvonne not only got back to me promptly, but was so very kind and beyond helpful. She located a new (replacement) scarf for me, advised via email and then arranged for it to be posted to me. She’s an absolute star and stocks such beautiful items. Cannot recommend Yvonne and her store highly enough!Written 4 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Cute little shop in the back of the general store, just follow the bees. So many flavours of honey and all available to taste. I couldnt leave without buying a jar of double cinnamon honey 😍Written 9 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Veladare Wine Co is home to one of the friendliest winemakers in the Hunter Valley, David Fatches, and some incredible boutique wines. My personal favourites were his Chenin Blanc and his Chardonnay, both clearly inspired by traditional French winemaking. Also, his muscat and Hunter Shiraz were both a little too drinkable.
Dave was very accommodating, took the time to talk about each the wines in detail, and showed us around the winery, even giving us a little taste of some of his works in progress. Aside from that, he also recommended some other great places to visit! I can easily recommend visiting, and will definitely be going back on my next trip to the Hunter.Written 17 June 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pokolbin
- These are the best places for groups seeking gift & specialty shops in Pokolbin:
- Hunter Belle Cheese Room & Cafe
- Binnorie Dairy Lovedale
- Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese Shop - Hall of Food