- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Fabulous experience, the young tour guides were exceptional, really good communication and interaction with everyone on board. A must to do, 100% Indigenous owned so you are supporting the local clans.Written 10 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My family (4 adults) enjoyed an 8 day private tour with Rob in early September. Rob's focus upon the total customer experience, coupled with his knowledge and passion for the NT made this a truly exceptional holiday for all of us. The catering and tours were first class, made even better by Rob's ability to explain the many facets of the region.
If you are looking for a holiday that truly captures the essence of this wonderful area of Australia, then Ethical Adventures is the team to travel with. We will definitely be back and use Rob and his team to explore more of this unique region.Written 16 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very pleasant morning cruise around the harbour with very good talk about the Darwin WW2 bombings - well researched. A very good professional operation, well recommended.Written 13 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had a fantastic time on the Kakadu & Arnhem land tour! Saw so much aussie wildlife & was immersed in nature. Adam was a great tour guide & did a splendid job with food, meals were perfect! If you love adventure, nature, sunshine & wildlife, I highly recommend this tour!Written 16 September 2023
- We had the pleasure of having Dave as our tour guide. We had an amazing experience. My husband is adventurous and Dave made sure he saw and experienced everything possible, fresh water spring swimming holes were his favourite. For the more risk adverse wife he provided guidance and gave confidence for her needs. Dave’s knowledge and expertise in everything from the best walking tracks, swimming holes to everything flora and fauna. He can make a great roadside park lunch too! Service was excellent. Dave also had a wealth of experience with aboriginal culture…we learned a lot. Appreciated this tour very much and we both agree it was very special. Thanks Dave for making our trip amazingly memorable.Written 7 September 2023
- Excellent trip, vehicle was great, food was good, and guide Luke was the best, cooks, cleans and has all the best birding spots. Saw all the greats Rainbow Pitta, Gouldians, Purple crowned fairy wrens, and off course all the finches and parrots. Luke is always positive, energetic, empathetic and on track. The other guests were all Aussies and wanted good views of all the birds, not just looking for the ticks.Written 14 September 2023
- We had the best day. Ben our pilot kept us well informed & professionally serviced but more importantly made us feel very safe. The whole day from start to finish was beyond our expectations. Fishing was great, pub crawl was awesome and the views of the top end from the helicopter really are second to none. We’ve done a lot of tours around Oz and hands down this was our best by far. Thanks Helifishing Darwin!!Written 20 August 2023
- Had the best day with the best crew! Such an amazing experience with passionate people. Not a bad thing to say about this day. Worth every dollar!Written 10 September 2023
- We’re a family of 4 (with two boys aged 9 and 6). We did a 3-day Kakadu tour with Greig (GT).
We had an excellent experience from our initial e-interactions with Alina who was very patient in helping us find the most suitable trip/itinerary (even after we had to make a few adjustments in the lead up) to GT going out of his way to drop us at the airport after the tour to make sure we made our flight! Nothing was too much trouble.
One of the most important benefits to going on a private tour with Charter North was GT knowing how far we could stretch our sons when it came to the hikes and swims. That allowed us to experience more than we would have otherwise done by ourselves, maximising the trip for us all.
The food on tour is excellent - healthy, fresh and varied. Camping in a dome tent in a swag under the stars was stunning.
We saw a lot of self drives when we were on tour but if you want the real experience, with a guide that truly understands the land and its cultural significance, and will explain it to you with real passion, I’d strongly recommend going with Charter North.
Thanks Alina and GT for an incredible trip. It’s one we’ll remember forever.Written 18 September 2023
- Was an interesting experience. Lots of fish to feed with an ongoing commentary. Plenty of food was supplied to feed the fish. Would recommend doing this.Written 31 July 2023
- There were just the four of us so it was a very intimate experience. Selena was absolutely superb and shared wonderful stories about her life and her amazing family. We would thoroughly recommend adding this to your Darwin itinerary. It’s worth every cent.Written 2 August 2023
- Our group had a great time and the crew was amazing. They helped make a special event for us even more special. We would definitely recommend to anyone and if we ever get back from the States, would book again.
Dan LWritten 8 May 2023
- We had a delightful day with Ian. It was great to be at Fogg Dam at dawn. You need insect repellant for the early morning. Birds were in abundance most places we went. Saw a huge variety and added many new ones to our list. Visited a wide range of habitats. Lunch at the Purple Mango was delightful. Ian was excellent company and a good driver, with a very comfortable new vehicle. We loved it.Written 23 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Darwin