Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- We stopped here by accident and ended up buying quite a few things! A very fine gallery and shop for aboriginal art. Sorry we won't be back in Darwin anytime soon to do some more chopping!Written 3 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Food here was fantastic. All local Australian flavours. Food took a little while to come out but was tasty when it arrived. Poached eggs were a little over cooked but the flavours in the avocado bruschetta more than made up for it.Written 3 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic gallery filled with vibrant & great art. Paul’s story as drpicted on the wall & in a pamphlet made his photographic journey come to life. Such beautiful work, just wish I had a few more walls!!Written 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Upstairs in Mitchell St but well worth the visit. A large collection of indigenous art at very reasonable prices. We went in to browse and bought two pieces. I am very pleased with the artwork I bought of Ronald King from Katherine. They also printed out a photo sheet of the work and artist.
😊Written 9 September 2022
- Colourful, light and stylish fashions well suited to the Top End lifestyle. Well worth a visit to look right in place in Darwin.Written 9 August 2022
- This is a superb bookstore: an independent gem, full of varied offerings, with knowledgeable and super-helpful friendly staff. "I've just enjoyed this; could you recommend...?" and there was consultation, consideration and two great suggestions, both new authors to me. Perfect! Thank you to all of you.Written 4 October 2022
- Not normally a fan of indigenous art, however the pieces on display and for sale here were beautiful. There were so many options it was difficult to choose. Well worth paying a visit, especially to the gallery upstairs.Written 3 April 2023
- I was looking forward to some seafood and I drove by Carmel's Seafood market, but I found nobody there and I guess it was closed.Written 29 January 2020
- We first encountered Embella in Darwin while visiting from the UK. Cannot see myself ever wanting to wear anything else now. Necklace, rings and anklet I have are all so well made yet funky and boho. Love love love the hilltribe silver. My husband buys me a treat piece of Embella every now and then. Simply stunning pieces while made to last & wear well while still looking great. Just my style and quality. I'm hooked. Even with postage to UK it's still fantastic (unless there's an offer on free international postage which does happen.)Written 28 August 2023
- I ordered online with COVID-19 being around.
The lemon myrtle soap is outstanding. Lasts ages.
The real surprise for me was the shave bar. It works on my mug brilliantly. I rub it on directly. At some stage I’m thinking of trying a brush; no rush.
The deodorant stick is a travellers dream.
I bought the travel pack but with lockdown happening I haven’t used it yet. Soon I hope.
The price might seem high but the value is awesome.Written 27 April 2020
- Amazing work from the Outback Engraver! I love that they can personalise my items.
I am so impressed with their work, I am a returning customer and will definitely use them again.Written 4 August 2023
- Stumbled upon this store when on a walk. Bought several pieces and had a wonderful time talking with Christine. She is not the owner ... she was knowledgeable, personable, and helped me with my selections. So much fun to spend time in the shop...I was the only one there. Thank you ChristineWritten 5 January 2020
- Buying clothing from Anna Reynolds is an amazing experience. Anna turns her Art into fabulous clothing. I could not be happier with the dress I purchased and it makes every occasion special!Written 31 August 2023
- I visited this shop on the off chance
I spotted opals in the window but was well aware given the name that it focused on pearls
Very very pleasantly surprised.
He has jewellery, he makes jewellery and has oodles of loose opals of multiple types including black, Coober Pedy and Mintabie and he had the patience to listen to me discuss my meagre collection. I think this was some achievement 😀.
Were I not visiting Coober Pedy and Lighting Ridge I may well have bought as his prices seemed good to me.
Yep well worth a visit and I may well regret not buying when I had the chance.Written 16 June 2023