Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Darwin
Admission tickets from ₱1,118.87
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- I often find Museums boring, but this was far from it.
Cyclone Tracy section was amazing, and learnt so much.
We got a great understanding about the Aboriginal Culture from the artwork and short movies that we watched.Written 15 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So many opportunities for food and gifts.
Great seeing everyone down on the beach. We were there on the last night before wet season.Written 15 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Large range of Australian reptiles.
Definitely recommend doing the VIP tour, not only do you get to learn all about the Crocodiles and other reptiles , from staff who are passionate about the animals, but also the chance to hold a Snake, and a baby freshwater Crocodile, and then the opportunity to feed a Saltwater Crocodile.Written 24 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Another great NT water experience. Easily accessible; walks as well as mini-waterfalls; a nice way to cool off after a day's adventure at the Territory Wildlife Park.Written 14 November 2022
- Both the RFDS exhibition and the World War II exhibition are educational and very professionally presented. The virtual reality shows are excellent!Written 12 November 2022
- An interesting aviation museum with a strong leaning towards military aircraft. The pride of the collection is the B-52 Bomber, which is the only one on display in the southern hemisphere. The collection also has civil aircraft and provides a good overview of aviation in northern Australia. Definitely worth a visit. We were on an AAT Kings City Tour and we had about 40 minutes here. It would have been better to have more time.Written 3 November 2022
- Well worth a visit. The exhibits range from very modern displays of the bombing of Darwin to old WWII vehicle slowing decaying in the NT weather. Lots of displays and memorabilia throughout the site, including one of the big gun emplacementsWritten 22 October 2022
- A truly unique experience. During the morning, at any time of year, people can enjoy a plunge in the lagoon, with the sun glistening from the surrounding water, and the soft sounds of children playing and water cascading in the background. During the evening, the precinct sparkles with lights enveloping the paths and parks that separate the lagoon from the shops. Whenever you need a drink or some food, a range of excellent cafes and restaurants pervade the area. Kids can also enjoy the wave pool, the adventure playground in the lagoon, and other playground areas. One of the best city areas we have ever experiencedWritten 27 November 2022
- The wave lagoon is a relatively cheap activity. Grab a pool noodle and relax in the water taking in the waterfront sights. The waves are periodic and feels like your actually in the beach with the relentlessness of them. Can get quite busy so it can be difficult to find free deck chairs and pool noodles. Great little pool there for small children in the shade.Written 1 October 2022
- We visited the Botanic Gardens at the end of our half day tour of the city. This was a better option than being dropped back at our hotel. We enjoyed a light lunch in the cafe before exploring the gardens. The visitors centre is worth visiting to learn more about the gardens including the cyclones and personalities who shaped its development. Overall, the gardens are well maintained and it’s easy walking, but can be hot. Worth visiting.Written 4 November 2022
- If you are in Darwin on market day you have to go. Variety of foods. Especially Asian foods. Special fruit juices. Nice to walk around the crowd. We tried all Thai salads and curries. Fruit juices. Sit on the grass anywhere. Bring a rug if you can. Go early and walk back along the beach at sunset time.Written 8 August 2022
- Great Display of the Bombing of Darwin.
Highly recommend visiting this Military Musuem.
Has the Big 9.2 Inch Cannon on a Turrett.Written 12 November 2022
- This place is unreal for the kids and the big kids with a pool for all age's and a splash park as well for the little kids an mum and dad and the 3 water slides for the kids as long as the kids are tall enough for the slides massive play ground plenty of space BBQ spaces as well great place and it FREE 😀 👍Written 29 October 2022
- We had a great visit however some off the attractions were disappointing - promised tigers were non existent.
The croc feeding was informative and the jumping crocodile cruise well worth the extra cost.Written 27 August 2022
- Wow! This market was absolutely packed with people and very hectic. A fantastic array of goods on display, and so much amazing food.
I wasn’t so keen on the exorbitant prices of some of the wares for sale, but most were great. Had a wonderful roti wrap and the best vanilla slice I’ve ever eaten. There are coffee shops and a bakery nearby as well if the stall food doesn’t take your fancy. Lots of fresh fruit and veg, and you can buy everything from books to jewellery to clothes to massages to door stoppers to psychic readings here. The Contemporary Art Museum in the middle is worth a stop in too (free, works not for sale).
Bring a hat and wear clothing suitable to the heat as this is outdoors. There is a toilet block in the middle. Accessible but a little difficult to navigate due to crowds and kerbs.Written 17 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Darwin
- The best day trips from Darwin according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Litchfield National Park and Jumping Crocodile Cruise
- Katherine Day Tour from Darwin including Katherine Gorge Cruise
- Kakadu Full-Day Tour from Darwin with Lunch
- Kakadu, Nourlangie and Yellow Waters Tour from Darwin
- Litchfield and Jumping Crocodiles Full Day Trip from Darwin
- The most popular things to do in Darwin with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Offshore Boats - Darwin Reef & Sport Fishing Charters
- Anglers Choice Fishing Safaris
- Yknot Fishing Charters
- Barra or Blue Fishing Charters
- Darwin Harbour Fishing Charters