Top Attractions in Tossa de Mar
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- My mom and I’s favorite stop on our trip to the coast! Absolutely amazing scenery, beaches, trails, shops, and restaurants! There is an amazing gelato place right by the beach where the boats come in - they also serve the best mango mojitos! Would 100% return and we always recommend it as a spot to visit!Written 14 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- this town is sensational, with a seaside promenade and too many restos to choose from. We had a large dinner between 7 people and i baby, with plenty of wine and it was 200 euros. You cant beat that.Written 24 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice beach but beware when entering the water as it shelves steeply and is deep after about two paces.The sand also is very gritty like builders sand.Aqua shoes are advisable as it is difficult to get out up the steep shelf of sand.Written 2 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a place....4th visit, and the first since lockdown, and didn't let us down.
Hotel (SaReria) was superb (again) & the town, beaches, shops, bars, not to mention the castle - all fantastic.
Not forgetting, 3rd weekend is the VW boys arrive, hundreds of camper vans, buggies, Karnans and more.
Did we enjoy it....yes we did. 👍Written 6 October 2022
- On our trip to Spain, France and Andorra my wife and I spent three days in Tossa de Mar. Our Hotel Rovira was very close to the historic area and shops, bars, and restaurants.
While walking through the narrow cobblestone streets we came upon the Chapel of Mare de Deu del Socors. It is a very small but well preserved old church right in the middle of the popular shopping area of Tossa de Mar.
While this Chapel is not any famous and/or large one like in Barcelona, it is still worth a stop to visit and photograph....Written 6 July 2019
- Caught a boat here today..Beautiful clean sandy beach. Easy to get into the sea. This beach is in a sheltered bay and is well worth a visit...if you are on a budget take a picnic as the beach cafe is expensive...loved itWritten 30 August 2019
- Our favourite beach that we visited during our family holiday to Tossa de Mar (July & August 2022). Very busy, but understandable because of its beauty!
The water is CRYSTAL clear and perfect for snorkelling. We took our own masks and spent hours swimming underwater to look at the hundreds of FISH in the water! So beautiful. A lovely pleasant swim out a bit deeper too.
There's a lovely man on the beach who owns a 'sun lounger and parasol hire' which was greatly appreciated. For just over seven euros you can hire a sun lounger for the whole day, and for a similar price you can hire a parasol which the attendant kindly assembles and places for you. Extremely convenient.
There's a cafe right by the beach, too, which is useful for snacks, especially ice lollies (which we made the most of).
Beautiful beach surrounded by beautiful Tossa with lots to do!Written 9 August 2022
- Tiny beach just outside the old City and under the castle. Beautifull beach beautiful people and the best atmosphere everWritten 26 September 2019
- We were looking for things to do while in Tossa de Mar and read about the glass bottom boat. Very reasonable rates, flexible times as we purchased the day before. Very relaxing ride, beautiful caves, smaller children were having a blast looking at the fish and we enjoyed relaxing on the beach they took us too. Had a drink at the outdoor bar and we rented kayaks, which was real fun! Only suggestion is bring a waterproof pouch for phones and wallet. We left ours on the beach with our blanket and towels and fortunate it was all good when we returned. Love that it was!Written 9 August 2019
- Need to be fairly fit to walk up to tower,pathway slippery gravel,more noticeable on the decent, beautiful views but not much else.Written 7 August 2019
- Lovely double bayed beach with a diving school and beach bar. Nice to watch the sunsets in the evening.Written 28 May 2018
- Climbed up the hill to the town museum, where there are finds from the Roman villa. There is also a small art gallery, with some paintings by local artists. Several tourist shops nearby, and great view over to Tossa main town.Written 27 June 2019
- A really lovely church, the ceiling is very pretty. The whole church felt peaceful so many candles had been lit it was quite warm in the corner where they were.Written 28 September 2019
- I was the only visitor there and as a senior citizen I paid the very reasonable price of 1.50 euros. As the man in charge was not rushed off his feet he gave me a personal tour. I have always been fascinated by lighthouses so enjoyed the visit very much.Written 12 September 2022
- A beautiful small church, very quit, it was from an ermit monastery, superb altars,
a must to visit and spent some money for a candle light for your loved persons.Written 3 August 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Tossa de Mar
- The best day trips from Tossa de Mar according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Costa Brava Small Group Tour from Barcelona with Traditional Lunch
- Costa Brava Day Trip from Barcelona
- Costa Brava Small Group with Hotel Pick-Up and Panoramic Boat Ride
- Private Costa Brava and Tossa Tour with hotel pick-up and Panoramic Boat Ride
- Costa Brava Kayak and Snorkel Tour, Food experience and a visit to Tossa de Mar
Tossa de Mar Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 3:00 PM|