- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- The Wadi is amazing. Its desert meets tropical climate meets fresh water meets mountains. Really nice temperature to swim in as well. Even in the summer months! What I don't see here is guidance that the water is actually quite deep. Reaching over 3 meters at some points so recommended that you are a decent swimmer.Written 5 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Al Ansab wetland is a tucked away, requires a taxi or car to reach and is nestled next to a water treatment works. Doesn't sound attractive does it!? Don't be put off. In 2 hours I saw more species of plant and animal at this site then in the rest of Muscat combined. If you're looking for a manicured tourist experience this isn't for you. Although the paths are good, the landscaping attractive and the bird hides are comfortable, regular benches and view points also help. You even get a lift round part of the reserve in a 4 x 4 (must book on the Haya water website before arriving). However, if you want to see a model for how heavy industry/development and biodiverse wildlife may coexist - this is the place to come. Why don't we see more of this type of initiative in Oman and everywhere?!Written 22 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- a gourgeous vally with resonable watrer level. it is a breath taking place. you need a very good guide and a driver to take you there. I do not recommend staying until late in the evening and you should leave when there is still light i.e before sun set. if you suffer a desk or back pain don't go.Written 19 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Muscat
- These experiences are best for nature & wildlife areas in Muscat:
- Full-Day Private Wahiba Sands Desert and Wadi Bani Khalid Tour
- Day Trip to Nizwa, Jabal Akhdar (Green Mountain) & Birkat Al Moz
- Tour Shahad 4 Days Package
- Wadishab and Bhima Sink Hole (Sharing Tours
- Day Trip to Nizwa & Jabal Shams (The Grand Canyon of Oman)
- These places are best for nature & wildlife areas in Muscat:See more nature & wildlife areas in Muscat on Tripadvisor