Parks • Observation Decks & Towers
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Uphill walk to the tower through the city . Great views of Tampere from the observation area! There is an elevator as well as stairs to the top. Cute little cafe & restrooms on the bottom floor.
We hiked back through the beautiful park which borders a lake. Fun day! Highly recommend!!Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This park is located next to the Tampere Hall, five minutes walk from the railway station.
In the middle of the park is a big pond with a fountain. You can find ducks swimming here.
There are also many other species of birds living in the cages by the pond.Written 11 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- High up on the hill by the Milavida mansion is a statue of a woman holding two children in despair. It commemorates the 1929 tragedy of Kuru, a ship full of passengers sunken in the high waves of Näsi lake with 138 lives lost. From below by the shore you can hear the music and laughter of people at the Särkänniemi amusement park.Written 23 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A pretty park near Finlayson area and the main market street. Not too far away from the train station.Written 2 June 2022
- Ok park. Nothing mind-blowing, but it has a cool fountain. You can see the särkänniemi amusement park from there.Written 3 June 2022
- Pispalan harju ridge is a very interesting area with old wooden houses and Pyykkimettän puisto (Pyykkimettä Park) is the central point of it. Some people call it Pyynikkimettän puisto (Pyynikkimettä Park) but I think that Pyykkimettän puisto (Pyykkimettä Park) is the official name. It is because pyykki means laundry and earlier the laundry of the residents was washed and dried in the park.
The main street is named Pispalanharju but remember to walk other streets, too. So you find a nice cafeteria (address Pipapankatu 30) and an interesting pub-restaurant (address Pispalan valtatie 23). There are nice stairs between small streets. We walked as far as the historical Pispalan Uittotunneli tunnel and Uittotunnelin Kahvila lakeside cafeteria (read separate Tripadvisor reviews).
In the park you find a playground, an excellent lookout point and nice sitting places. This is one of the best selfie places and perhaps the most Instagrammable place in Tampere.Written 5 July 2021
- Osmonpuisto Park is a quite nice park. You find a good playground, a small outdoor gym and an outdoor basketball court there. However, there is nothing special there.Written 6 July 2021
- Emil Aaltonen Park is a quite nice park next to Tammelantori Market Square. You find a very good playground, a beautiful water fountain and the Winter War monument in the park. Besides, there is a nice cat cafeteria named Kissakahvila Purnauskis next to this park. So this is a nice destination for the whole family. There are also nice picnic places on the lawn. So you can take a beach blanket and a picnic lunch with you.Written 6 July 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tampere
- These are the best places for budget-friendly parks in Tampere:See more budget-friendly parks in Tampere on Tripadvisor