What travelers are saying
- Fantastic scenery. Went with my husband mainly so we could see the tropical plant house! We are on our honeymoon from Scotland and this has been one of our highlights. The banana banana plants were producing fruit and this was an amazing sight to see. The rare purple banana plant was flowering with purple bananas. This is a very rare occurrence so I'd definitely recommend you go as soon as possible if you're reading this, so you can witness the fruits. Unfortunately I cannot upload my photos of it from my camera as I don't have my laptop with me here in northern Ireland, like I say we are on our honeymoon from Scotland. I'm so glad we visited the botanical gardens in Belfast, well worth a visit! Cannot believe this experience was entirely free and so enjoyable. We followed up this beautiful experience with a visit to the adjacent Ulster museum...a MUST for any tourist visiting Belfast. The staff within the botanical gardens are very knowledgeable and we were very impressed by their welcome and friendliness. Thank you! Leanne and Andrew Brooks. 07.09.2023Written 7 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The gardens surrounding Belfast Castle are stunning. There is also an amazing view of Belfast Lough. Unfortunately, we could only go in a few places in the bottom floor of the castle so that was disappointing. There was an interesting story about the Castle Cat in the garden. The castle is beautiful.Written 17 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I had been given a voucher for Bert's Jazz Bar from our children. We'd never been before and didn't know what to expect. We were absolutely delighted with our experience there. The setting was lovely - jazz music playing in the background and very comfortable seating. The food was served in good time and was delicious. It was served to us by two outstanding staff - Lorcan and Rose. They could not have been more helpful and were just lovely. The manager too came to check that everything was good for us and he too was really helpful.
What a lovely evening. Thank you to all who made this a special and memorable evening for us.Written 21 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gerry2 totally entertained our group of 4 with his in depth knowledge, insights and stories. Highlight of our 9 days .Written 30 September 2023
- My friend and I made appointments for the four hand massage. It was one of the best messages that I have experienced! I travel all over the world and have massages in every country that I visit prior to traveling home. The staff were prompt and applied the appropriate amount of pressure. I was so relaxed that I fell asleep. Highly recommend this spa!Written 2 July 2023
- Took the tour 29/09/2023 with driver/guide Patrick.
Itinerary wise I felt like we fit a lot in for our 9 and half hours without feeling rushed at all. As you’d expect, the Giant’s Causeway was the longest stop of just short of two hours with shorter but ample stops at Carrickfergus Castle, Carnlough, Cushendun Caves, the Bushmill Distillery and the Dark Hedges travelling through such stunning scenery on the way.
Patrick was a great guide and struck a good balance with being informative and telling a few crap jokes along the way. Patrick touched on the Battle of the Boyne and The Troubles, spoke about the different types of rock formations, few Game of Thrones references chucked in and gave helpful recommendations of things to look out for and routes to take on the stops. For £30, it’s a bargain.Written 29 September 2023
- In one word “ fantastic “
We did the tour - Iron Islands & Giants Causeway from Belfast with the Guide Richard. As a tour guide he was very informative with his inside knowledge,as he worked on set as an extra. We arrived on time at each place, got lots of info at these places were transformed into the scenes. Getting dressed up at location was fantastic.
This tour is a must so to quote Jon…My watch has ended.Written 4 May 2023
- Great tour by Lisa & Steven! Very professional and highly recommend!
Scenic and beautiful Northern Ireland Giant Causeway tour!Written 7 May 2023
- Joe was a great guide, illuminating the tour with personal accounts of life during the Troubles. One and a half hours very well spent.Written 26 June 2023
- I did the Giants Causeway and Game of Thrones tour and it was amazing! Stuart was a fantastic guide. He was informative, entertaining, and took great care of us. The tour is well thought out and gives you adequate time to see things and take photos. This tour was great for me because I didn't want a lot of time at every destination, but rather to see many destinations.Written 31 August 2023
- Who know’s Belfast better than someone who’s born and raised in Belfast…Barbara. This is an amazing tour other than it’s free. Very informative and entertaining. Thank you Barbara, Belfast is lucky to have you to introduce the city to the world. Kudos!Written 27 September 2023
- Rae was super knowledgeable and very personable. We had a wonderful day tasting some of the many foods unique to Belfast. Rae also pointed out many landmarks and knew the histories of each.
Best shore excursion by far.Written 19 September 2023
- Very informative. Good to hear a local’s perspective. Showed us places and gave us info we wouldn’t have discovered on our own.Written 13 August 2023
- Fantastic - highly recommend if you're looking to understand the personal, political side of Belfast's recent historyBrilliant tour - so worthwhile, personal and unique. Great to get a personal perspective on the conflict in the north of Ireland. Our guide/driver, Kevin, was honest and frank and taught us more in 2 hours than we've ever learnt about the politics and situation in Belfast before. Hearing the stories behind the murals was really powerful, especially from someone so passionately political. Worth every penny and more, and thanks to Kevin for dropping us at Kelly's which we loved!Written 14 May 2023
- Isaac, our cab/tour guide picked us up on time at our hotel . He explained what we would see and do, then we hit the road. Isaac grew up in Northern Ireland and lived the conflict. He told us there are still 4 gates that lock everyday separating the areas approx 6am-6pm. As we passed through the gates, Isaac took on the perspective/beliefs of a catholic or Protestant. He was well spoken, very knowledgeable and often added a touch of humor to lighten a mood. He cleared up many of our misconceptions and left us hopeful for a better future. I highly recommend this tour.Written 16 May 2023